R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #1516
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally posted by RCFREAK
ok... then we will have to put it in the show for ya!!

may need to get in touch with ya for your setup.... if its ok.. gonna run 19 turn.. i think it will be the bigger class for that weekend..

arv.
I will have it better by the end of this weekend. The car was OK, but was tight in the main. Not sure if it was the track, tire size changing, or trying different traction compounds. I am going to isolate some of that this weekend. Was the first weekend on the car, I'm sure it will get better after this week.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:46 AM   #1517
Tech Master

You can simply drill a hole in the body post for a clip. I would still use the nuts on the underside as they are big and wide for good stabilizing. Although when a win is on the line I don't mind wrenching those on and not loosing a body clip........ haha.

Jeff
Old 03-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #1518
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #1519
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

That's what I did, too, Jeff. Using body clips is much more convenient, however. I got some dialed green ones that don't seem to want to come off very easily.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #1520
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

I dont own this car but, what if you used the stk body post nuts and then drilled a hole clearing the top nut for a body clip, this way neither will come off, that way you will never have the body hanging off the car during the race.

..sry if that sounded stupid just popped into my head and had to get it out

lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #1521
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

I ran my carpet spec RDX for the first time today. The items I run that are not incleded with the kit were: the 4mm BMI Chassis, low roll center blocks all the way around, 6 degree castor blocks and 1.3 hole shock pistons.

I pulled the Snowbirds setup off the Corally website and dropped it on the track.

I have to mention that I have read a lot of posts here where guys are saying that the first time they drove this car, they were faster than with any other of their previous cars...

So anyway, I stuck to my gameplan and decided to take it easy and run the first pack smooth while just getting used to the car. I have to say that before, during andd after that first pack I was/am impressed with the car. I checked out my lap times and i was totaly shocked. Just taking it easy, driving the car without really trying, I was as fast I have have ever been and much more consistant!

By the third pack through the car, I was so much faster and more consistant that my best lap time with my 415 was slower than my AVERAGE lap time (for an entire run) for the RDX.

I requested that my LHS not sell anymore of the RDX kits and they declinded!

Thanks Corally for making a great product!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #1522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

glad its working well for ya!!! i have always liked mine on carpet, but still sorting through it for asphalt, as of yet...

i need to get that 4mm chassis tho, for when i do get to run carpet....

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #1523
Tech Master

koabich....... it is not a BMI chassis. Even BMI doesn't want people calling it that. It is sold through Specialized RC, the importer for Corally. Specialized is the only place to get the chassis. I understand who makes them, but it was conceived by Rob and tested. Not a huge deal. I just know Jason has posted about it before.

Glad the car is dialed in and working for you so soon. It is a going trend with all the new RDX owners.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Brown; 03-25-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #1524
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

koabich, your right i find the same thing as you!! you can drive this car without trying to overdrive it...and you where really fast!! when i drive this car i was totally impresed!! the feeling was close if i was driving a Cadillac!! and my car was box stock (UK)...now i start to pimp my ride!! i will put the 4mm chassis and the ultra low block!! Rob say if i like my car stock.....i will just like it more with these pimp option!!

i just want to thanks Corally USA for giving the distribution to ABC HobbySports in Canada now it s time to put Corally in the game in Canada!!

Pace

Last edited by Pace72; 03-26-2005 at 12:23 AM.
Pace72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:20 AM   #1525
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm very impressed with my RDX. I purchased the UK edition, and went out tonight on my first race outing and did fairly well. Still looking for more overall steering though. I have a few ideas, but I'll have to explore those options in a few more days at a practice session. Overall the car is great. Craftsmanship is second to none.

-Korey
Old 03-26-2005, 10:00 PM   #1526
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

This car is just awesome. Went from being last in my class to finishing second. My setup still needs some work but the carpet season is done here so will be running on ashpalt now, need to set it up for that.
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #1527
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Kevin,

Nice to meet you at Chucks today...Sorry I didnt get to talk more....Your car looked good for the first time out!!!

See you on the asphalt!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #1528
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Korey...I got solutions

An interesting thing I played with today was the layshaft height. If you raise it all the way up, the car frees up significantly.

Another thing, does anyone know what is the biggest 64P gear that can go in the car? I'm thinking around 112...
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/

Last edited by Brian McGreevy; 03-27-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 02:24 AM   #1529
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Are there tricks to building the RDX's diffs to help keep them consistent? It seems like I have to clean/re-lube them after each race day (they get "crunchy"), and they never seem to be consistent between cleanings. I'm not exactly a n00b, I've built many different diffs in many different cars, and have never needed to pay so much attention to the diffs as these. I've checked all the bearings, and they seem fine.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #1530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Syndr0me - you have PM

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote