R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #1501
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

well, will get to run my car for the first time tomorrow when the track is open for practice. can't wait! i'm sure i'll be back on with a ton of questions.
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #1502
Tech Rookie

Default Low roll blocks.

Kabttu if you look at where the taem guys use them it seems HIGH BITE, chris at madness has em but they arent cheap 8 per pcs so 32 does the front !!
I havent needed them on a club track and have found every thing tuneable at all times.
Shock tower is a mod you do when you want to get the body lower... ray haungh has a post on a page in the 20's how to do it but i havent needed it. It lowers the tower by 1 -1 1/2mm drilling and cutting are involved
Tweak as needed the car will go as needed set up or not,i did pick up 2 1/2 laps by tweaking so by all means do it.
Read the manual....Run it a round... stop and think about what you feel and see.
DIRTISFORWORMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:29 AM   #1503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Ok I measured the AE hexes and they were right at 4mm so I guess I will try them next time I race.
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #1504
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Okay, I love my RDX, it's nothing short of amazing, but...

*deep breath*

I really hate the body posts, and the goofy tie-rods it came with, and I would like to replace them. So, what body posts have other people had luck with? Part numbers would be great. As for tie-rods, presumably I can replace them with Lundsford's of the same length, right? What about ball cups? Is there a specific size (RPM I assume?) that I need? Is it possible to use rod ends like the Xray instead?

Please don't take this as complaining about the car. I think it's more a matter of preference than anything else.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #1505
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally posted by syndr0me
Okay, I love my RDX, it's nothing short of amazing, but...

*deep breath*

I really hate the body posts, and the goofy tie-rods it came with, and I would like to replace them. So, what body posts have other people had luck with? Part numbers would be great. As for tie-rods, presumably I can replace them with Lundsford's of the same length, right? What about ball cups? Is there a specific size (RPM I assume?) that I need? Is it possible to use rod ends like the Xray instead?

Please don't take this as complaining about the car. I think it's more a matter of preference than anything else.
Use whatever body posts you would like to use. It doesn't matter as long as the posts screw in through the bottom.
As far as tie rods, buy Lundsfords in the same length and unless you don't like the stock ball cups, you can use those with the Lundsfods.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #1506
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

I replaced my body post with the ones off of the HPI Pro 4. you have to buy two of HPI73513 use the two Front post from the tree.

As for the turnbuckles. I have seen guys using Lunsfords but am not sure about the ballcups they use with them.
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #1507
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i use lunsford titanium turnbuckles and i also use rpm ball cups, they are the same ball cups that are on the tc3, i tell u this cause i dont know the part number
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #1508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i used some 3mm Lunsfords i had laying around, and the stock ball cups. with all the adjustment possibilties, you have to be careful which cups you use, as the camber link adjustments can vary widely, especially in the rear...

i also switched out the body posts, but if you use the stock ones, after you use them for a while, they loosen up, so they arent so tough...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #1509
Tech Regular

I used a cigarette lighter to heat up the body post nuts, while on the body posts, that helps a lot!
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #1510
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I finally lowered my front tower earlier this week. I'm gonna test it saturday
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #1511
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

wow, finally ran the RDX tonight. This car is so much better than what I'm used to running. The setup still needs some work and i was still faster! I did break a steering knuckle, but that was it. I do gotta say though, i really hate those body posts. My fingers are raw from taking those little nuts off and on, unless I'm doing it the wrong way, if so please fill me in on the easy way to do it. Thanks again to everyone for the help, will race it for the first time this weekend, can't wait.
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #1512
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

first off.. trim the posts to where you want them.

I use a bit of heat to ease them on (break them in"
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #1513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

brandon.. you coming up for the regional 2 race?? just heard Cuffs will also be there with his crew.. i know anthony is making plans Kt from Vabeach(keith) and crew..

should be a turn out.... some from MD PA DE NJ and NY also!!

see the pics under racing.. region 2 race "THE TRACK" BIG LAYOUT..

ARV.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #1514
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

FREAK- I can't make it. I have no way out of work that weekend, there are two guys here that have put in for vacation that same weekend. I would love to race there, nicest track I have seen judging from pics. Good luck to you guys.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #1515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ok... then we will have to put it in the show for ya!!

may need to get in touch with ya for your setup.... if its ok.. gonna run 19 turn.. i think it will be the bigger class for that weekend..

arv.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote