Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2004, 05:40 AM   #136
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
i am undecided about the alex car at the moment. although, reading my own post makes the answer almost apparent, doesn't it?

i am an r&d guy at heart. i have some projects cooked up for the alex car that i would like to see come to fruition. the trouble with that car is that it really needs to have a 4x2 layout to work effectively for carpet/foam racing. the weight limit is so low, that you can't add enough weight to balance it with the standard side-x-side configuration. i wonder if that will be an issue with the rdx, as i do not see the batteries crossing the centerline of that chassis, either. i guess it depends how underweight that car will be....

and really, with the r2, the motor side should be heavier since the torque is lifting that side durring the accelleration phase. i do know that i do not have the resources to get accomplished what is in my head. that will likely combine with the above realization and result in my posting it f/s in the near future.

we'll see. i am still seeking some clarification. all i know is that i do not want to use the tc3 this season. , but i also do not want to trade competency for individuality. seems like it's always one or the other. or maybe the answer lies deep in our pockets...
Man I think you are going to have some tough times sleeping at night. Sounds like alot of things turning in you mind. I always hate when I don't know what I want to run. I like to be differentbut I also like to be different and have a working car.

What version Cuda do you use now? I use to have a Xenon R2 and liked it alot other than the closed off diff ends. they break if you hit something and the dog bone pulls out.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:37 AM   #137
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

wyd,

i have a xenon r2 as well. i have been using a custom top deck to stiffen it. the car is a tank. i like the outdrives, but you have to keep from breaking the suspension, or they will break too. after 4 months i had never broken anything on it that i didn't dremel first. i have, what i believe, is a decent setup on it, but the drivetrain seems to eat power. it's just slow when it's loaded.

too many things are always turning!

johnbull,

i agree. it is a welcome change to have someone from the manufacturer addressing concerns on a daily basis. i hope it continues after the release.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #138
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball

johnbull,

i agree. it is a welcome change to have someone from the manufacturer addressing concerns on a daily basis. i hope it continues after the release.
Put it this way. People have been asking questions, sometimes daft ones, about Novak products on this site for years, and all along guys from Novak's tech dept have come back with answers.

I see no reason why that should change now. We are very lucky in the fact that Novak's tech people are racers like you and I.

Good luck.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #139
Tech Master

SORRY GUYS>

Must be old age creeping in........or something.

Please change Novak to read Corally on this tread. But the same applies with both companies.

I have had nothing but help from both companies and will continue using their productsas I have done for some years.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #140
Company Representative

seaball....

1) one length will be included, the others are optional for camber links to go extremely short or extremely long.

2) everything is more machined out to cutout excess weight. Pics are not available yet. Retail price is $60 so street price should be around $45.

3) yes it will come with a rear lightweight diff. You will only need to purchase one diff for the front.

4) 2 deg is standard with the kit.

5) We wouldn't recommend switching towers, but if you want to test one you could try the 79244 tower. Lowered tower because the new towers are lowered as well.

6) comes with 1.9mm front and rear swaybars included.
CorallyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #141
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

seaball-you know both of us are obsessed with testing....but I know from first hand experience that sometimes a car has all the right looking go fast gear-but for some reason-on carpet-just wnt pull those last 0.2 or 0.3 seconds-even on the most perfect of perfect laps.

Its weird. I think its a combination of more testing needed by lots of drivers and also maybe inherent problems in driveline that only show up in high bite conditions. LIke yu said-cars good untill grip comes up and then driveline apperas to bind-up and car wont accelerate anymore.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #142
Company Representative

johnbull....

With the new car and some added US drivers we wanted to keep on top of things. So we revamped the website for better information and plan to stay on top of any questions regarding Corally products. Thanks for your support.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:18 AM   #143
Tech Elite

i must say that the prompt response from the factory is awesome. thank you corallyusa. good to hear the light diff will be standard for the rear. i will modify my list of additional goodies, and reassess the budget.

ray, i will also want most of those spares that i have listed. i'll need to update it, though, and i'll get it over to you. is that cool? if not, i think jimmy should help me.

yeah... the testing obsession...at some point, i want to be be able to get those extra tenths from a setup w/o waiting a year for the "factory guys" to figure it out. it's not rocket science, and given the opportunity to get some extra visits in, i should be able to accomplish this. it's too bad half of our top locals aren't much on setups. then again driving the same car for 5 years will do that to ya.

- chris

Last edited by seaball; 09-09-2004 at 09:29 AM.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #144
Tech Champion

Its not a problem seaball. Any help I can be to pursue your need for individuality and need for speed!!! I am your dealer.

Just get me the list and I'll send it in to Corally with the order for kits.

Ray
Old 09-09-2004, 02:29 PM   #145
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BuddyB

Chris, I hear ya on the setups. I havent changed my TC3 setup since i bought it from Jimmy, and no telling how long he had that setup on there. lol. Things arent looking good for me on the Classic....oh well
-Buddy
BuddyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #146
Company Representative

Couple more preorders came in. This is looking to be a good start for the release of this kit.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:49 AM   #147
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by CorallyUSA
Couple more preorders came in. This is looking to be a good start for the release of this kit.
When should I submit my spare parts list to go along with my pre-order of kits?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 09-10-2004, 08:51 AM   #148
Company Representative

Anytime Ray. You can call Rob direct if you want or fax it or email. We will put it with the Kit preorder sheet for you.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:01 AM   #149
Tech Regular

I am really torn between running this car or the Tamiya TB Evo IV but on hearing so many stories about weak bearings on the Tamiya hubs i am going to wait until Mike Smith at ModelTech ( UK importer of Corally products ) has the car in stock and see what it looks like close up.

Like the fact that this thread has people from Corally on it that are so willing to answer questions, long may it continue that way.

Last edited by weekendracer_uk; 09-10-2004 at 10:04 AM.
weekendracer_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM   #150
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Like the fact that this thread has people from Corally on it that are so willing to answer questions, long may it continue that way.
yup, that is a big value.