Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race.... >

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

If some one intentionally kicks another racers car after the race....

Old 12-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

i would go by the "you broke it you bought it" rule, if not i'll take it out of your hide. just kidding in all seriousness the track director should discipline the instigator however he/she see fit, whether it would be by track suspension, fixing/paying for the victims model or completely banning the hobbyist from the track. after all this is supposed to be fun. people take it too seriously. your life is not on line and you don't get paid to race. i hope all the hotheads are reading this thread. you could learn something and tone down your temper and attitude toward the sport. if the hotheads and sore losers can't handle it then they should find something else to have fun with without getting angry and damaging or destroying someone else's things. happy racing!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slot cars hey... get a grip on it will ya... thats similar to a reformed smoker having a go at smokers haha.. do you even own rc's or just throwing in some shit stirring haha

Originally Posted by hanzo3
That's what sickens me about this hobby. It's just glorified slot car folks. You aren't a professional race car driver.

Last edited by jjfo80; 12-17-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rendcool
mad drivers are bad driver ..
we're only playing a toy after all ...
Toy hey???? Cant you afford a real rc?? Not everyone is playing with a toy. there is hobby grade and toys which one do you own huh??
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Yeah, 3 sides to every story, I get that, but there's NO excuse for something like that, no matter what. We're all human, but with that comes RESPONSIBILITY, especially when in public, no matter the external inputs.

Sounds like it was a situation that, if handled differently, would have resulted in the guy who kicked the car being the hero if instead he had pulled his car and highlighted the percieved misconduct of the other party! Instead, he got wrapped up in the moment. That's called Vigilante Justice, which is something our society no longer tolerates.

Try something like this at my local RC track, and not only would you NOT be welcomed back, but you can be sure ALL of your sponsors would be contacted. I've been running some type of toy car since the mid 80s, and every club that I've been a part of would have refund your membership fees (pro rated) and asked you not to return. Most have actually had misconduct clauses in the by-laws, and I've seen similar situations where they've had to be enforced.

If the RD didn't take steps to impose a ban and you had the unmitigated gall to show back up, everyone would pull their cars and NOT run with you.

If that hit the RD in the wallet(since most tracks are actually for profit businesses), well.......words have meaning and actions (or inactions) have consequence. Which pot of money would you rather loose, one guy who gets into fights(no matter the reason), or everyone else who doesn't?

I don't care who you are, that's not acceptable conduct, for any reason.

Any attempts at reconciliation STARTS with a public appology and parts replacement, followed by a posted written appology to the witnesses. Probably continues with a forfeiture of points/prizes/whatever for at least that race.

The other party (owner of the punted car) bears questioning, too. If there was agressive conduct on his part to precipitate the event, I would lump him into the same category as the kicker, with similar penalties.

The reality is we live in a world where otherwise normal and reasonable people loose their cool and bring guns to fist fights. Want someone like that at your local track?
That seems a quite fair and measured response.

The fool that kicked the car and damaged, as a matter of goodwill should be invited to repay the other driver for the parts.

The kicker ought to explain his reasoning for his actions - he may well have had a valid gripe initially that was badly dealt with.

It's easy to get worked up about the hobby, but vigilante responses, whether it be kicking the car, or alternatively taking the kicker outside and beating him up is just a case of idiocy breeding idiocy - not only that, but a criminal offence along the way.

Not only that but such actions are shameful when done in the sight of children. This hobby is nice for the fact that it brings together generations, and people from all walks of life. We don't need to discourage entrants, and the race controllers, and club directors should speak to both parties seperately, and then together. It may seem to be a bit draconian and prescriptive, but if people want to act like idiots, they have to be fairly disciplined.

that's my penniesworth
Old 12-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I m on this site aren't I? I am saying no one outside this hobby takes this seriously. So it is like slot cars.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

What makes this so funny is its a third party posting this someone who has no clue about what happened at all. guess he wants to see what the internet wolfs will say atleast have your real name when you start a thread 3g
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The real issue here is what do we do about the racer who was on a tq run then could no resist and had to watch events unfold thus losing his run.

Do we re-run the qualifier???? This is the real issue!!!!!!

(sarcastic)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

His actions were and are criminal, criminal damage to property. I firmly believe that the police should have been called and a complaint made.
We try too hard to be a softer more forgiving society at times and people from time to time need to be reminded that they must answer for their actions.
If he turns out to be a sponsored driver, then his sponsor should be made aware of his actions.
And last but not least he should be invited to NOT return to the track. It has to be stopped before it goes too far,what's next pulling a knife, a gun, no, stop it now!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
What makes this so funny is its a third party posting this someone who has no clue about what happened at all. guess he wants to see what the internet wolfs will say atleast have your real name when you start a thread 3g
Why drag people's name through the mud by naming them? How would knowing the OP's name change anything? Are you saying that this behavior is ok for certain people so he should name them so we can decide if it was ok for them to behave this way or not?

I have no idea what race he is referring to or what people are involved which is probably for the best. No matter what the circumstances, this is unacceptable behavior. If the other driver did something really bad to instigate it, then his behavior is also unacceptable.

There is already one major RC company I try to avoid whenever possible because this is the same sort of thing the owner has done. There is no place for it, period.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Assuming the same damage (or lack of damage), is driving your car into another car after the race any different than kicking it?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hairy
It has to be stopped before it goes too far,what's next pulling a knife, a gun, no, stop it now!
Seen that happen too. Sad.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Assuming the same damage (or lack of damage), is driving your car into another car after the race any different than kicking it?
At least you would be risking damage to your own car in that case too.

Morally speaking, yes, I would say it's the same sort of behavior.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How hard was this kick? What broke on the car? Either way this guy's sponsors should be notified. Maybe then I could get some of them sponsors
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

He broke the car when he kicked it?? I thought Xrays were supposed to be unbreakable judging by the posts in the TC6 vs T3 '011 thread..

Ban them until they pay for the damaged parts, contact their sponsor, and have a talk with both racers before they both hit the track again. If it happens again, "adios" permanently.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

I had something similar happen to me at my club race.

We were running the first qual of the day for SC mod and a dude A CLAIMS that I hacked him out of 3rd place (which I didnt). The rest of the day he went on attempting to take me out the rest of the day and even went on to verbal threats which lead to nothing on his part.

He was warned and ended up being banned from my local forum because frankly...he was a straight douchebag to everyone including the admins who run the club races.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.