R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #61
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by new92
Quick question though.....what are you guys using to transport the old system? I am currently just using the original box but use rags to wrap the plastic pieces to keep them from sliding around in the box. Doubt it would hurt them too bad but dont want to take chances. I almost bought the Integy system just because it came with a case....and now the new Hudy has a case.....are there any similar cases for the old system? Or any suggestions on making one?
Get a plastic file/document cabinet from the book store. It`s very thin at about 15mm which cost less than USD2 here in Indonesia.

BTW, those new hudy system are already available here also.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:10 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Default New Hudy set-up

Dunno if this is already been posted but you can buy the new set-up board at R-C Mushroom..... http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....s_id=3675:nod:
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:28 AM   #63
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid

Why new one, because the existing one has been copied!! bad copy!!!
Do I sense that Hudy are getting a taste of their own medicine here. Remember Corally C4 ?

I use the Integy system. It does the same stuff. It wears less. And it's half the price.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #64
Tech Regular

I don't have a set-up system, i only have a ride height gauge, camber gauge and calipers to measure the shock length (cheap but they work )
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #65
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

The old system looked nice and worked nice. This new one looks like Hudy has been copying GPM!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #66
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
I use the Integy system. It does the same stuff. It wears less. And it's half the price.
Then I guess you will never buy Sony Televesion (j/k)

Last edited by Pyramid; 08-15-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #67
Tech Initiate

So does anyone know if this will have the same problems as the old one?

Or will this give more precise readings?
jonathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:14 PM   #68
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Balak Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Balak Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by jonathan123
So does anyone know if this will have the same problems as the old one?

Or will this give more precise readings?
There was nothing wrong with the first system. Yes, if you still have that $33 plastic geared servo which has been in your car since 1992 that won't center 9 out of 10 times, sloppy ball links that should have been replaced ages ago, but you were too cheap to drop $5 on a new set, and damaged suspension arms that have been CA'd more than once, loose servo savers, etc... the new HUDY system will still give you the same accurate measurements - that your equipment is in dire need of maintenance due to cheap equipment or race damage. Just because the part didn't break doesn't mean it doesn't need to be replaced. There was nothing wrong with the first system, and there is going to be nothing wrong with this system. Hell, I suspect it will be even more precise than the first system - probably causing even more bitching from drivers. Highly precise aluminum tools made on CNC machines are going to give more accurate measurements than a plastic camber and toe-in guage. Don't blame the tool if the results are correct. Every time you smack a wall, get t-boned in the straight, and do a flying barrel role in the infield, it WILL screw up your settings. The solution? Practice, and a little bit of luck, because, hey, even the good drivers break parts.

Bryan
Balak Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

Crap I'm glad I didn't get to that HUDY in the Classifieds first!!! I think I'll buy this system instead. It looks sooo much sweeter.
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:49 PM   #70
Tech Adept

There is no denying that the Hudy system is cool, easy to use and makes setups quicker -- If you have the money and you like it I believe you should go for it if it makes you happy however....

How is it that we need $300 setup systems to set toe in and NASCAR uses string to do the same thing to hurl a car 150Mph down the track?
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Talking

because our cars are 1/10th the scale, so 1mm is 1 cm on a nascar. so if you can measure a string with that amount of acuracy, then save the $300 for a ruler and some string

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:26 PM   #72
Tech Adept

theisgroup: LOL!

Before setup boards etc. On RC-10s we used metal centimeter rulers to measure the rear of the front tires and the front of the tires and then used a calculator and a little geometry. That did the trick.

Now, I am not saying we all go do that, I just think what a lot of people are saying is that while it is cool, it is also a nice to have because there are less expensive ways to do the same thing.

Its that need/want thing -- if you want it cool -- do ya need it, not really.

Sometime too many tools and too much information is a bad thing
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:30 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

and dont forget that at scale, these cars are doing 300mph
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote