Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy system discontinued???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A camber gage, MIP tweak station, stepped ride height gage and a flat tweak board with a grid on it so you can see reference lines for front toe in...thats all you will ever need.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
A camber gage, MIP tweak station, stepped ride height gage and a flat tweak board with a grid on it so you can see reference lines for front toe in...thats all you will ever need.
Amen!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, yeah... I race for Hudy but even before that I purchased set-up kits for my 1/8 on-road and Touring car and I know they have been a huge help. Even at this years ROAR Carpet Nationals my car was good but something just didn't feel right on the track - after re-building shocks, setting tweak, checking springs, camber it wound up being that the car had 2 degrees of toe in in the right rear and 3 degrees of toe in in the left rear (found by using the set-up system). Other Xray drivers did say that they didn't need to use the set-up system due to how good Xray's parts are but there are times when parts aren't 100% perfect. I used it to shim my car to equal toe and it drove perfect.

If the parts on the car are not totally worn out then there should be no more than .25-.5 of a degree of slop on a Hudy guage. I think this is an acceptable toerance for any r/c racer...

Being the son of a precision machinest I always believe in using calipers and acurate measuring tools vs what everyone believes may be their perfectly "tweaked" eyes...lol...

Just my opinion.... I could be tweaked...lol...
Old 07-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Yeah, yeah... I race for Hudy but even before that I purchased set-up kits for my 1/8 on-road and Touring car and I know they have been a huge help. Even at this years ROAR Carpet Nationals my car was good but something just didn't feel right on the track - after re-building shocks, setting tweak, checking springs, camber it wound up being that the car had 2 degrees of toe in in the right rear and 3 degrees of toe in in the left rear (found by using the set-up system). Other Xray drivers did say that they didn't need to use the set-up system due to how good Xray's parts are but there are times when parts aren't 100% perfect. I used it to shim my car to equal toe and it drove perfect.

If the parts on the car are not totally worn out then there should be no more than .25-.5 of a degree of slop on a Hudy guage. I think this is an acceptable toerance for any r/c racer...

Being the son of a precision machinest I always believe in using calipers and acurate measuring tools vs what everyone believes may be their perfectly "tweaked" eyes...lol...

Just my opinion.... I could be tweaked...lol...
hey I left you a message on your cell, any way give me a call so we can get some things taken care of for the nats
thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Founder

To add to Josh's post, there were actually quite a few factory drivers using setup systems at this month's on-road Nats. I wouldn't say that none of them use it. Just like most stuff, it all boils down to personal preference and whatever a driver thinks will help them win.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree Josh.

Personally I use both methods. Let me explain-

setup system- after building, rebuilding or making many changes on my car I prefer to use the setup system to be sure my settings are symetrical left-to-right and that everything is at the desired setting such as rear toe, whether using adjustable or non adjustable parts because like Josh said- just because it says 2 deg doesn't mean it is. Also, the setup system comes in handy when you want to watch certain things like the difference in ackerman changes, bump steer, and setting the EPA on the steering l/r.

standard hand held tools- In between runs or to just make small changes like camber I just use something handy like Ardian pointed out. I don't personally like the RPM camber guage, I use my ride height guage turned up on the end to make sure camber is close and equal. Heck, I was chatting with Paulo while he was checking his car right before a run at the Carpet Nats and he used his Coke can to check the camber- . It doesn't take long to figure out how far away the top of the wheel/tire should be from something perpendicular if you reference your settings right after setting it on the setup station.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Personally, I love my hudy system, but hate carrying and setting it up... I don't bring my Hudy to the track, at the track I'm using one of the first RPM camber guages made and an ancient toe-in guage if I need to make any changes...

The thing I see with the Hudy or similiar systems is you get to really see the slop in your car... I can guarantee that everyon'e steering has about 2 deg of slop in it... Except maybe Chris and Josh

I find that the Hudy is just as good for my electrics as well as my nitro.... Now if I could only see spending the money for one for my 1/5th scale...
Old 07-29-2004, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by Gazza_D
There is a new set up system coming out from Hudy. The new system is made from aluminium coated a nice black, and has white markings, so no more problems trying to read the dam things

The new system also comes with its own twaek station....very trick and the whole lot comes in its own aluminium flight/carry case along with the droop and ride height gauges and the set up board

Bet it wont be cheap though but it looks real cool
Yes, just look for the new part number which I believe 108255. Comes with free aluminum case, tweak board, and all gauges you need.

Why new one, because the existing one has been copied!! bad copy!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pyramid
Yes, just look for the new part number which I believe 108255. Comes with free aluminum case, tweak board, and all gauges you need.

Why new one, because the existing one has been copied!! bad copy!!!
Where can I find more information about the new Hudy Set Up System?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe they're discontinued, because they have a new system out.
http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm
Old 08-09-2004, 12:42 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Looks kinda similar to the yokomo one:
Attached Thumbnails Hudy system discontinued???-yoko-set-up.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Hudy one comes with a tweak station.

Last edited by PSI Racing; 08-09-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Is this new tweek station out yet and how much does it cost and where can I get one.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you live in the US, contact these guys http://www.rcamerica.com/ to find out more info.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heres the discription along with pictures of the new Hudy setup system: http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=175674

Looks pretty sweet to me, but not really worth upgrading from my old setup system too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.