Old 07-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Thank you....Now I have an exuse for bying more Epic stuff

Epic turns a better product than Trinity. I dunno why though
Maybe I'll try Epic then and see what kind od customer service they have.... They can not be worse than Trinity!!!!!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to wikedgmc

buy an epic the trinity guy makes money buy a trinity and the trinity guy still makes money, different names but the both come from New Jersey, Edison New Jersey to be exact, so if you thinking they are made by different people makes you feel better than by all means ..... but they are not
Old 07-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Cut the crap people.

EPIC Motorsports - 36 Meridian Rd. Edison, NJ 08820 - 732.635.1090
Copyrightę 2004 Epic Motorsports - All Rights Reserved

Trinity Products, Inc.
36 Meridian Road
Edison, NJ 08820
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only thing that Trinity and Epic Motosports share, is a general location, some history and same can and endbell I believe. From sources I have been told, Epic Motorsports DO NOT re-hash Trinity motors, they make their own from a blank stock, not relabel a Trinity based motor.

I would guess that if there is an issue with Trinity motors, the same can happen to EPIC motorsport ones, as it seams to be a heat issue, causing the adhesive to break down that holds the magnets in.

I know the brand of Stock motor I run here in the UK (BRM), it don't work well till it is hot, and when it comes off, it is roasting, and I MEAN roasting, not ever lost a magnet on that, yet I have seen quite a few Trinity based stock motors go for a smoke somwhere on the track.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #50
Tech Elite

DA_cookie_monst - I guess according to you ignorance IS bliss? Believe whatever you want.

Trinity and Epic are obviously different companies but they still have the same address and are still owned by the same person.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #51
Tech Elite

holding both mototrs in my hand right now

same exact hood on both

same cut outs in can on both

same exact can different color

same markins on the end of the can both say EPIC 27 and JAPAN

like I said if thinking they are different makes you happy then great .... but they are not different
Old 07-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Do you ever think maybe they have two big boxes of products, one set gets a Trinity sticker, one gets a Epic sticker. I mean I know this is a goofy idea, but maybe just maybe.......
Old 07-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Much appologies to you gentlemen, I had infact believed a former supplier to me a tale he had told about the Trinity and Epic Motorsports saga, and that they were in fact not the same company, as I had believed they were 6 months ago. The person had no reason to tell me a story, so it goes to show, some people talk out their butts.

But my previous post stands about the Epic can problem, and it not relating realy to it being a TRINITY issue, more an EPIC issue.

ho hum, someone pass me the dunce hat to go sit in the corner with.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #54
Tech Addict

DA- The internet needs more people like you. Willing to admit they are wrong and have learned something. My hats off to you.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 PM   #55
Tech Master

Yes, Dunce hat's off to you....

I still don't get it though. How can my Epic 19t be performing as good as the day I got it and my Trinity's all dropping noticably...Hmmm
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #56
Tech Elite

all electric motors are different wether they are made by the same company or not so the reason your 19 turn is still running good and your other motors are junk as you put it just means they are different maybe you overgeared the others or even worse in some cases undergeared it. BK ask Art about undergearing he can explain it great andf it is true. motors are never run under the same conditions even on the same day and they all need there own little different tuning

again this is all my opinion