R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
Suspended

Default Gens Ace vs Thunder Power vs Blue LiPo Benchmark

hobbypartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Regional Moderator

How about some tests on 5000 mAh 2s LiPos? Virtually nobody in the Electric On-Road section uses 2200 mAh 3s LiPos. Not sure that you can extrapolate this to all other packs in a manufacturer's product line.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
How about some tests on 5000 mAh 2s LiPos? Virtually nobody in the Electric On-Road section uses 2200 mAh 3s LiPos. Not sure that you can extrapolate this to all other packs in a manufacturer's product line.
Actually having tested some of these packs (2s 5000 versions) myself on a GFX at 30amps I would say the results are much the same if not then the spread would most likely be greater.

The one thing that these tests don't tell you is how many performance cycles you get. This is the bigger topic these days as we all hate cells that lose power quickly or worse still, puff up after 1 month.