R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default desperate to play with my e-revo1/16 no brakes

hey guys i just picked up my merv today from rc pitstop and i have a question i have the esc in sport mode which is the default mode 100%forward 100% brakes 100% reverse and it says you pull the throtle trigger back to go forward and then push the trigger forward all the way for brakes then return the trigger to neutral position then push it forward again for reverse my question is when i push it forward for brakes it just goes directly into reverse it stops but its only stoping because its engaging in reverse im guessing this isent normal plus cant this be damaging to the tranny going directly into reverse from drive at high speeds plus its hard to control any ideahs why this could be happening and or solutions? is it safe for it to go directly into reverse? it cant be normal cuz its hard to control. thanks in advance for your time the only thing ive tried is resetting that and playing with the throttle trim the sport mode is the default but even if it was in race or training mode it shouldent affect the brakes 1 gets rid of reverse and the other slows it down.. my controller is set to how it came the default is the throttle trim knob is turned all the way counter clockwhise which shows a 0 at the top middle it shows a 0 also im not very familiar with this new throttle trim knob dont know how it works or what it does ... im guessing slows it down less of a throttle reaction? but still when i shut the remote of and the light on the receiver on the car starts flashing to show it lost signal still no brakes the car just stays in neutral and rolls... i bought this today and im not touching it cuz im scared of damaging gears and cant drive inside without breaks im desperate for a solution i want to play with my toy!!! time went by so slow waiting for the batteries to charge LOL
shawn setia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Default general

is it ok for it to go into reverse at a slower speed lets say half throttle with it in training mode and 1 stock power cell battery? cuz now that its working 100% perfectly thats how it is also would tightening my slipper clutch solve this when i hold my hand infront of it it deosent enguage into gear it just kicks even when the wing got caught under some cardboard and at full throttle it just kicks is that what the slipper clutch controls? and if yes is theyre a negative affect from over tightenting is that the reason it comes so loose?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Default general

because unless im going pretty fast it doesent use the brakes it goes into reverse im guessing its normal for these things
Old 12-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You should never, ever go into reverse unless you are at a full stop.

Point the throttle trim knob at the '0' in the center of its travel and you'll be fine.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Default general

but it deos go into reverse when going a alright speed it only enguages reverse when going much faster
Old 12-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

In that case I would suggest taking to the local hobby shop where you bought it and asking them to help you. That's what they're there for!
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote