R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/459998-roar-will-place-following-members-one-year-suspension.html)

imjonah 12-08-2010 09:04 PM

ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension

Dates Dec 6 on ROAR website-
ROAR Conduct and Rule Violation Member Warnings

ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension warning status of membership due to conduct and violations of published rules at events attended in 2010
Greg Degani
Billy Easton
Ryan Lutz
Jesse Robbers
Jay Schaeffer
Chad Phillips

Any one have a clue to what this is all about, What were the violations?

RDOUBLEDAY 12-08-2010 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by imjonah (Post 8317743)
Dates Dec 6 on ROAR website-
ROAR Conduct and Rule Violation Member Warnings

ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension warning status of membership due to conduct and violations of published rules at events attended in 2010
Greg Degani
Billy Easton
Ryan Lutz
Jesse Robbers
Jay Schaeffer
Chad Phillips

Any one have a clue to what this is all about, What were the violations?

I thinks its because they wernt wearing the roar shirts in the picture

Jeff Cuffs 12-08-2010 09:14 PM

Lol way to funny.

timmig 12-08-2010 09:21 PM

Don't think any reason for a suspension is a joke! Bad attitudes/behavior are never good for any sport/hobby.

HarryLeach 12-08-2010 09:34 PM

:rolleyes:

Read the whole announcement:

ROAR will place the following members on a one year suspension warning status of membership due to conduct and violations of published rules at events attended in 2010. This warning status will be reviewed by the Executive Committee at varying times during the year of 2011. Should one more incident be investigated and found in violation, the member will be suspended from any ROAR competition for the term of one year from the date of violation.
In most motorsports I'm involved in, this would classify as being put on probation, not "suspension warning status"

tunerjetta29 12-08-2010 09:39 PM

ROAR is such a joke

rezenclowd3 12-08-2010 09:48 PM

^^^ Not at all. Without ROAR or a similar organization, there would be so little organization that if one were to travel, one would probably have to buy different kits, motors, escs, and remember the rules for each club and track. No thanks, I much prefer having a governing body.

Anyway, the story is some or all did not get their shirts. It was a mistake. Nothing to fret about.

Racecrafter 12-08-2010 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 (Post 8317879)
ROAR is such a joke

Obviously you are not a member?

It's part of the rules. Don't play by the rules and you get busted.

Although "Probation" is a better term.

The title of this thread is very wrong they are not going to be suspended. :mad:

BrodieMan 12-09-2010 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 (Post 8317904)
^^^ Not at all. Without ROAR or a similar organization, there would be so little organization that if one were to travel, one would probably have to buy different kits, motors, escs, and remember the rules for each club and track. No thanks, I much prefer having a governing body.

Anyway, the story is some or all did not get their shirts. It was a mistake. Nothing to fret about.

Okay maybe I am reading between the lines here but these guys were put on 'probation' because they didn't receive their ROAR shirts and were in published pictures without them:confused::confused::confused:

Bash governing bodies all you want but without them the level of RC racing would be substantially lower than we have today. What a mess it would be if every major race had it's own classes & rules. Forget about national titles, worlds and pro-drivers without ROAR & IFMAR

Skiddins 12-09-2010 05:47 AM

I simply can't believe its necessary for people to have to run wearing a ROAR T-shirt.
Seems a truly pathetic rule as they are the organising body, not a sponsor. And they cover the entire country as well as Canada.

Skiddins

Marcos.J 12-09-2010 05:51 AM

there is another thread on this already please dont make anymore