Wiki Posts
Search

zero delta V peak detection method

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
zero delta V peak detection method

I am interested in purchasing a new charger HERE and i noticed it is able to charge NiMH batteries at a higher ampre rate than others due to Zero delta V peak detection. I currently run matched GP 3300's and they can get pretty toasty at 3 amps. For those of you familiar with this peak detection method please share your experiences.

Thanks in adv.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

I wouldnt go for this... it's a pulse charger and trickle charge cant be disabled...

For getting the optimal out of GP3300, you need adjustable delta peak cut off, linear charge, at least 6 amps charge rate and no trickle charge. As far as I know, the cheapest way to get this, is with the LRP Pulsar Sport, which can be found for 100$ (excluding a power supply).

If you are on a budget, well, it's hard choises. The Duratrax thing might be better than what you godt today, but look at it this way: 4 packs of matched batteries, can easily cost 160$. If your charger ruin these fast, you'll be better off buying a good charger now....

For a power supply, it might be an option to use a modified computer power supply, to keep costs down.

It's a good idea to save up a bit longer and get a good charger
Old 07-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with Cole.......If you want to stay around the same cost.....you'd be better off getting yourself a "used" quasar pro or something along those lines....you cant go wrong spending money on a good charger
Old 07-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok cool. Thanks for the input