Old 07-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default What do you think about a tt-01

Can you tell me what you can do to make a tt-01 fast
Mr-V-One-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:41 AM   #2
Tech Master

Exclamation

TT-01 chassis is a bit old model of tamiya.. Eventhough you upgrade it to its full hop up option it won't get as fast as teh TB-01 or other tamiya model. Don't spend to much on that kit to avoid disappointments... It will be fine for bashing in the open area but race proper it won't keep up with the speed..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:30 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

fast in which way?handling?power?
The TT01 is not that old.
You should try to remove the grease out of the bearings and to replace it with some thin oil, your transmission would spin a lot better, then you can use a Mabuchi with a 2,4V source to break in the whole transmission.
I would imagine this chassis would take a lot of slop in the direction , If you havesome, try to put some shims to solve this.
Regarding handling you should buy the oil shocks and the spring set.
Do you plan to useit for the TCS? if not, Tobee and Square are making some very cool stuff for the TT01, almost make me want to get one
hope this help
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
Tech Master

Cool

ok anyway it was just my opinion co'z all my buddies are using TB-01 series car and the 414 and TA04 TRF series modified..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My friend has a TT-01 in rally form with full bearings and is suffering from the same problem. The kit came with a Johnson 540 can and was pretty much slow as expected. For that reason we chose to drop in a 15t because we felt that would make the most difference (and we already had one laying around) The car still felt like it could be faster, we noticed the car's low-end punch was pretty weak and the motor would really bake inside the chassis. We dropped our pinon size a few teeth and we enjoyed our new found performance. The low-end punch was very noticeable and really makes the car alot more fun. I cant remember our gearing, maybe somebody can give a link for a chart.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:22 AM   #6
Tech Adept

mr-v-one-s i noticed you run at castle hill, are you going to run the tcs there if so all you can do is fit bearings and sportstuned motor, also you can run the tamiya esc if it doesn't already have one. if you want to make it faster for normal club days oil shocks and decent springs will help but i wouldn't spend to much money on this car.just like the old tl01 they can end up costing more than a topend race car.
414play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:44 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
TT-01 chassis is a bit old model of tamiya.. Eventhough you upgrade it to its full hop up option it won't get as fast as teh TB-01 or other tamiya model. Don't spend to much on that kit to avoid disappointments... It will be fine for bashing in the open area but race proper it won't keep up with the speed..
I bought the TT-01 for my son a while back and threw everything I could to make it as fast as my HPI RS4. It indeed have the acceleration off the line, but it lacks in top end speed. I just tightened the slipper and it was just as fast off the line. I don't even know what happened to the car now...............

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by 414play
mr-v-one-s i noticed you run at castle hill, are you going to run the tcs there if so all you can do is fit bearings and sportstuned motor, also you can run the tamiya esc if it doesn't already have one. if you want to make it faster for normal club days oil shocks and decent springs will help but i wouldn't spend to much money on this car.just like the old tl01 they can end up costing more than a topend race car.
Yes lam racing the tcs and my dad and brother is runing it to
Mr-V-One-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I bought one for the local TCS regional and ran in the Spec class. I used the Tamiya bearings, inserts and oil shocks and for the most part, it's a really great car for the money. I even used the kit ESC. The kit Johnson motor sucks though...it's not the same as the "regular" Mabuchi or Johnsons (the shiny ones).

Down the main straight at Tamiya, the TL01s sounded like coffee grinders and the TT01 just whizzed by. I could go inside, outside or wherever I wanted to go with it. They take some serious time to assemble if you want to get the suspension free. Mine was so tight it would hold ride height without springs...but once it's done, it's a pretty cool car for the money.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:20 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

so you mean that its all on the set-ups??. in order to get the tt series run as fast as the TC3 and yokomo?.. I not pretty sure about that?..
chris_v1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:44 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan
Default TT01 TRF?

Here's my toy car... One of these days it WILL get some serious track time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taob_tt01.jpg (199.5 KB, 519 views)
Old 07-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: TT01 TRF?

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Here's my toy car... One of these days it WILL get some serious track time...
I'm very curious to know how good is the handling compared to your other touring cars
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Well... this project was mostly for fun for me. I don't think I have the guts to race this car against the top of the line cars out there... Although we tested this against an R2 and it "almost" kicked the other cars hiney good bye!

Honestly, if you have a good driver run this hopped up incarnation, I would say, it will keep up with the rest of them... the car on the pic was on rails with a diff and one-way... but then again, the shock mounting options are very limited on it so you can't really tame the chassis based on different track conditions...
Old 07-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

I must admit I like the design of the car andthe fact it's cheap and they are so many cool options made for it.
I don't really mind it doesn't have so much setting possibilities, at least you don't risk to mess-up everything.
Isn't the chassis a little bit "soft"? I would be afraid to warp it during a big crash
Do you plan to let it TCS legal?

From Square:

Old 07-26-2004, 03:51 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by utieh
I must admit I like the design of the car andthe fact it's cheap and they are so many cool options made for it.
I don't really mind it doesn't have so much setting possibilities, at least you don't risk to mess-up everything.
Isn't the chassis a little bit "soft"? I would be afraid to warp it during a big crash

Dude...you have to be kidding...Ian doesn't crash.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote