Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would be equal...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation What would be equal...

I have a chance to buy a TT-01 and was wondering what would be equal to this car. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Probably a HPI Sprint 2. I think the HPI is probably better, but the TT01 can be a decent car with oil shocks and a few other hop-ups

Jay
Old 12-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It really depends on what motor you are going to put in it. If you stick with the silver can that comes with the TT-01, the TT-01 will be similar to just about any touring car out there with a silver can. However, as you start to add more power, the TT-01 will quickly start to show it's limitations.

A properly set up TT-01 can hang with a USVTA (25.5) legal car. However, it has no chance of hanging with a 17.5 rubber touring car. If you plan to race it, you need to have a TT-01 class so you can race against other TT-01s. This is great fun for very little money. However, if you would like to race in other classes, look for something else.

Lots of TT-01 info is available at Michiganrc.net. We race them at Hobby-Sports in Kalamazoo Michigan.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Jay Thhanks fr the info man really appreciate it, now you got me thinking.

Schuyler
Old 12-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by woodys3b
It really depends on what motor you are going to put in it. If you stick with the silver can that comes with the TT-01, the TT-01 will be similar to just about any touring car out there with a silver can. However, as you start to add more power, the TT-01 will quickly start to show it's limitations.

A properly set up TT-01 can hang with a USVTA (25.5) legal car. However, it has no chance of hanging with a 17.5 rubber touring car. If you plan to race it, you need to have a TT-01 class so you can race against other TT-01s. This is great fun for very little money. However, if you would like to race in other classes, look for something else.

Lots of TT-01 info is available at Michiganrc.net. We race them at Hobby-Sports in Kalamazoo Michigan.

Man Thank you very much for this awesome info and Jay yours was awesome as well. But yes we do have a class at our Local club. Plus I have never done on-road before so I will be a Newbie at this I just want something that I can grow into as well. I guess there are quite a few that run them over at the club. But Thaks again everyone for the Great Info. Thank you

Schuyler

I love this site, This site has THE BEST PEOPLE ON HERE.........