R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2004, 10:31 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess one "mechanicaly challenged" french guy out of the thousands of satisfied BMI Electric TC3....Nitro TC3......Pro-4..... and X-Ray Chassis owners is pretty good....Keep up the good work Jason........It's funny....I heard a story a number of months ago about some french guy that bought a chassis and ranted and raved and exagerated about how he hated nearly every aspect of the BMI chassis he got....and even though full efforts were made by BMI their was nothing that could be done to please this guy.......the only reason I even remembered was because, "In all honesty", it was "and still is"...to date... the first time I heard of anyone having "such" issues with one of BMI's products....in fact id say 99% of any issues that come about are when people try to fit aftermarket parts (such as bearings by certain manufacturers(like boca green seals for instance) that varry slightly in outer diameter even though their the same size bearing)..(Any way It's pretty funny it ended up being this same guy)......I have personaly witnessed many 13 and 14 year old kids do their chassis conversions with no issues whatsoever, and this guy states he spent over 3 hours on fitting his bearing in the rear motor mount....If I spent 3 hours with even a small hand file on my motor mount......I would have a pile of aluminum chips in front of me and not much motor mount even left ....now excuse me "Georges".... Im also starting my R/C products crusade by writing a 10 page letter to team associated about how their car sucks because I had to truely spend 3 hours on their diff cases to get the drive train free and how I had to file fitt half the parts on their car to get them right

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #32
Tech Initiate

Dear ProTc3,

My knowledge of english language is not good enough to understand all what you wrote. But it's my opinion and I know that you have fast no bad feedback about your products.

I have send you my feedback about the BMI TC3 chassis, and I received no explication or answers.

Dear Joe B,

"I heard a story a number of months ago about some french guy that bought a chassis and ranted and raved and exagerated about how he hated nearly every aspect of the BMI chassis he got....and even though full efforts were made by BMI their was nothing that could be done to please this guy" ---> Sorry, it's not me, because BMI didn't answer me.

Yes, I spended 3 hours to do that, because it was no so simple to do that, too less and the bearing is to tight and too much and the motor mount is lost.

It's all I have to say. I deleted my previous post, because I don't want to waste the moderators time.

Georges.

Last edited by Georges; 07-24-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Georges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:24 PM   #33
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Quote:
Originally posted by wagonman72
Buy a Pro4, then when you get better get a BMI chassis for it!
how is the BMI Pro 4 chassis any better than the regular one?? Im not saying it isnt, but since they are both plate chassis, how can one improve much over the other?? I dont know much of anything about the pro 4 on the BMI chassis, and am just curious
Old 07-24-2004, 12:26 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default IMO

This was the question....
Quote:
Originally posted by losixxx
is the bmi tc3 chassie better and faster than the stoch one?
thanks
Yes! ! ! ! ! ! BUT.... the stock chassis can also beat you fair and square! Its a matter of Track time and developing you skills.

But then again, if you are like me who need tracktime and does not have time for it.

Getting an aftermarket chassis like this will improve your skills, because of the advantage that it offers over the stock chassis, given the lack of Track Time.

So, if you can't get a lot of track time and want a slight advantage on you part--BUY it.

But you have already decided to spend your money for parts, bottom line is your call!

Peace and Happy Racing!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AE Basher Send a message via Yahoo to AE Basher

3 hours? man that's crazy it takes me 4 hours to tear down my whole T3 and clean every part and put it back together and i am only 12!!

on the BMI chassie, i don't have one yet... once i get good enough for one (good as in i feel all the adjustments not just kicking butt in races) i will probally get a used one, i don't have the money to pay $110 USD for a chassie i could get tones of other stuff for that much. but from what i hear they kick but, stiffer, better handling etc.
AE Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:53 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

georges,i had no problem helping you until all i got was nasty emails and yes,joe is reffering to you.you are the only person that was extremely nasty in your email so i showed you respect by not being nasty back.unfortunately there was no way to nicely answer your attack you call feedback.i see that you are a very unhappy person but there is no reason to bring others down with you.i try my best to put out good products but sometimes something may get past me.if your bearing didnt fit perfectly you could have just emailed me and been nice about it and not act like i personally attacked you. i would have a new one out to you immediately.if the bore was a little tight i could have fixed that very easily.to email me and tell me that you hate the chassis and pretty much tell me that i suck and should be dead(im embellishing,he didnt say that but its not far off)dont expect me to be willing to jump through hoops to deal with it.when you treat people with respect,you get respect.needless to say,i wish not to argue on this thread being that it is for someone who wants an answer to his question.he made his decision so lets move on.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #37
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

I think everyone needs a hug

Jason, your chassis has been doing great for me, I really love it, thanks again.
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:53 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe B
I have personaly witnessed many 13 and 14 year old kids do their chassis conversions with no issues whatsoever

Personally I don't run ANY CF Chassis on my TC3

Its my personal belief that it works better with the chassis that it was designed with. I get more all-over traction when I use my stock chassis. I know part of the CF chassis is that is makes the car stiffer meaning you can run softer springs but none of the AE springs work in the rear for me or my setups using a CF chassis and I'm too much of a AE fan-boy to use any other springs....Plus, when I ask any of the locals for setup help, there are no variables

Although, I gotta make a postive comment on the BMI....That thing looks damn sexy J....The Ice-Blue Yokomo
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:06 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Thats wierd cuz we run the same setups on stock and bmi. I dont really think the bmi was designed for asphalt tho. It really shines on carpet. Purple and Yellow springs allt he time rock it up.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:18 AM   #40
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
georges,i had no problem helping you until all i got was nasty emails and yes,joe is reffering to you.you are the only person that was extremely nasty in your email so i showed you respect by not being nasty back.unfortunately there was no way to nicely answer your attack you call feedback.i see that you are a very unhappy person but there is no reason to bring others down with you.i try my best to put out good products but sometimes something may get past me.if your bearing didnt fit perfectly you could have just emailed me and been nice about it and not act like i personally attacked you. i would have a new one out to you immediately.if the bore was a little tight i could have fixed that very easily.to email me and tell me that you hate the chassis and pretty much tell me that i suck and should be dead(im embellishing,he didnt say that but its not far off)dont expect me to be willing to jump through hoops to deal with it.when you treat people with respect,you get respect.needless to say,i wish not to argue on this thread being that it is for someone who wants an answer to his question.he made his decision so lets move on.

This is my last post on this thread (I hope!). Yes, I was very unhappy with this product and your service. But my contact by BMI was not Joe (or Jason)!!!!!
So I think I am not the person from you are speaking.
You speak from nasty mails? Perhaps should I remember you the story from my "lost" money order and the nasty mails I get from my contact by BMI? I have so much trust in your company that I sended a second paiement. And you said that I was nasty and have no respect for you?

I think the only mail (I sent it twice mal I think) you get was not nasty. It was constatations and questions, argued with photos. I know that you are triing your best, but it is not the reason to not heard the 1% unsatisfied customers.

Regards.
Georges.

Last edited by Georges; 07-25-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Georges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Joe and jason are like 1. There buddys, you might not have spoke to him but it got to him.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:28 AM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by pballkid21587
Thats wierd cuz we run the same setups on stock and bmi. I dont really think the bmi was designed for asphalt tho. It really shines on carpet. Purple and Yellow springs allt he time rock it up.
Setups are quite a bit different because we all run rubber tires in the Nor Cal Bay Area
Old 07-25-2004, 02:20 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very strange......I "only" run on asfault with rubber tires and I run the exact same set-up as when I ran the tub chassis.......and It's perfect.....

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

On the asphalt tracks I run on I had to go softer in the rear.

LosiXXX - Get the chassis. You might not be the fastest out there but you will look good.
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #45
Tech Master

I haven't run my TC3 on asphalt in ages....I'm gonna run in a parking lot race next weekend though