Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Worlds Again? FL State Race At Worlds Track Aug 21-22

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So who should we expect to see at this race besides the regular state series racers?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Alot of Florida racers who usually don't race in the state series!!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, you shoulda seen the turn-out at the Coral Springs race. Like 30 electric drivers & a nitro guy. lol
Old 07-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Should be a big turnout.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
The reason it died he is because the previous roar president Twrecks (trex)
killed them.

my .02 on pan cars

6 cells
7 turn mod motors
less than 20 guys can wheel those cars with the batteries and motors we have at present.
the horse power to weight ratio is out of control and touring car is heading that way also.

the pan cars died for several reasons. but the most obvious would be the scale look of a touring car and the fact that the pan class was getting fewer entries every year. the surface you have to run them on to get traction was always a challenge as well. touring cars and there rubber tires made the surface quality easier for promotoers as well.

the introduction of touring cars
track surface
6 cells and crazy horse power
they dont sell them with nitro engines and there not sold ready to run. all of these things killed pan cars. noone is going to bring them back from the dead either. too many option now and like i said you have to be the top 5% in the world to wheel a mod pan car on foams with any success. naples had the on road nats a long time ago and i got to watch joel johnson wheel a mod pan car..he made it look easy..problem is he is one of only a handfull who can wheel them like that. most just bang the pipes and miss the corners!

i dont wish bad luck hector with your pan car race next year..but i hope you dont plan on making a living from that race? lol i honestly think your time and efforts would have been best spent helping the fsear series or just about anything else? touring cars in 2004 have just about gotten to the point where they drive more like a pan car and less like the street weapon we all had only a few short years ago. i remember chassis roll back in the day,lol.

when you run a class with less than 10 cars and ask to get practice time with them is when it becomes dumb. your going to have less than 6 pan cars at full throttle and trying to run in practice with the touring group is going to be a mess. and if you ask for time on the track for just them is when your going to get attacked,lol. even 12th pan and 10th pan dont mix well..and i wouldn't want to be the hack that breaks a worlds level racers 12th scale car with my 10 year old 6 cell powered pan car..
Old 07-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nrctc3 - Coral Springs turnout was bad for a few reasons. It was the weekend before that nats, it was hot, it threatend to rain and there are a 3 drops this season so quite a few racers opted to sit that one out.

In past years FSEARA did not hold a race the same month as the Nats. I think that was a good idea and I don't know why that changed.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Adrian-You need to run it by the track to see if they would be interested in using VHT for the FSR and the Worlds....At the recent US Nationals they used VHT twice a day and the track was awesome. Tire wear was very little and the track had a ton of grip. This would be good to have in case those inevitable Florida rains come like they always do.
What exactly is VHT and where can we get it?

Nick
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Regarding VHT,

As my friend Nnick just asked, please provide us with some info regarding VHT as we have huge problems with traction in our racetracks and I need to find some way to improve racing conditions.

If there is a link for this product to view some details it would be very helpfull.

Also how do you apply it on the track´s surface?

Thanks for your help,
John.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default VHT Trackbite

Here is a link to VHT. You would probably spray it on like sugar water.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

thanx for the info.

It is highly unlikely this compound will be allowed to ship outside the U.S. but I will try.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Default In Hind Sight about VHT

We can't use VHT at the Worlds. This would be unfair to all the teams that came out to the Pre-Worlds. We promised them that the track prep for the Worlds would be identical to what we did at the Pre-Worlds. As a result the Worlds track will be sprayed with sugar water.

We have to be fair in this matter.

If you ask anyone that attended the Pre-Worlds you will find that tire wear was very low and traction was very high. Masami, Hara, Teemu, Groscamp and the rest of the fast guys all said the traction was very good.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

John Doucakis: if you have a local drag strip, check with them.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

I wasn't one of the "fast guys" at the Pre-Worlds, but I can tell you there was plenty of traction.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Grape or Orange soda works great also.Spray it just like sugar water. The grape soda was used at the pre-worlds.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Yep... I remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.