Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 12:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I think Paul reiterates what others have said earlier on in this thread: part of what keeps Hara winning, battery aids or not, is that he is supremely confident in his own abilities on the track. So much so that it seems he wants his competitors to be at the highest level possible, even if it makes things harder on him.

A good analogy is golf. The better you think you'll do, the better you'll usually do. If you take a shot with authority, it is infinitely more likely to succeed than one that is taken with hesitation (trust me, I know...haha).
Old 07-25-2004, 01:58 PM

I think that some people forget that you need a complete package to be the best, and maximise everything you have. This device may just be one of these things that helps Hara get a tiny advantage. Now if he looks else where and get tiny advantages out by maximising everything else, it all adds to his car being a lot faster then someone running everything "box stock".

Ben
Old 07-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Excellent Post P-dub!!! Racing needs more pro drivers like him!! I never met him and didnt realize he was that open with others!!

EA
Old 07-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PW
Hara will take competitive racing in the US to the next level because of his unquestionable work ethic and dedication to his racing/job (maybe a product of Masami). Most of the professional R/C drivers in the US are very dedicated to their cars, but Hara takes it to the next level by also taken responsibility to bettering his power preparation (battery/motor/speedo settings).

Amen brother!!!
-Mike
Old 07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sup Tosso!!! Gimme a shout whenever you have a chance.

Peace.
Mike A
Old 07-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Here's pic. I can see the black plate, but I don't think its something special.
Hara using KO Propo BX-213MH Charger.
hey i just noticd something. in this picture, at the top right corner, it looks like someone(maybe kinwald, maybe not) working on a car with a exact kinwald paint job. but the guy is wearing a peak shirt and you can barkly see a peak decal on the side of kinwalds car, whats up with that?
Old 07-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

woops never mind i just nocticed that the car is purple, not black
Old 07-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SPZA
hey i just noticd something. in this picture, at the top right corner, it looks like someone(maybe kinwald, maybe not) working on a car with a exact kinwald paint job. but the guy is wearing a peak shirt and you can barkly see a peak decal on the side of kinwalds car, whats up with that?
Yea pretty sure that is Greg Hodapp sittin back there.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ooups it seems that someone else found it before me !

It's product number must be 4413444192069 TN-122 HI BOLT ZAPP SEAT
and costs 3000 yen at www.rainbowten.co.jp

Nick

Last edited by nnick; 07-29-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Believe it or not, but that actually made sense to me. (Aside from the translation errors) I think I even understand the last sentences as well 8-)

I don't know how strong the magnetic field within a charging cell is, but if there is one, it actually *is* better to have some sort of magnetic plate next to the cell to somewhat neutralise that field. It's sort of like the voltage buildup in an antenna. When charging, you do not want such voltage buildup. SO you put a magnetized plate next to the 'antenna', f***ing the entire magnetic field up.

Originally posted by Difuser
–€ æd The strange item appeared again from TN RACING which recently, release does high-tech item such as black bean you. ' The high volt/bolt zap seat ' it is something which becomes, but this has heard the rumor of reputation with the society, the uncle ‚ã it tried trying. Being disgusted ‚á what and? When with it is said, it meaning that I am difficult to explain, it does, but (laughing) the instruction manual is quoted when, ' At the time of battery charge the magnetic field which occurs around the battery (the electromagnetic wave) with the high sensitivity electromagnetic wave absorption element to reverse, it occurs from the battery when charging the electromagnetic wave of + direction when charging it is possible in this zap seat.. to charge the battery which is wrapped in the magnetic field by making zero it was printed - with the antenna of direction +- efficiently . ' It seems, is. It is with as for the effect? (Instruction manual quotation decrease of voltage rise of battery at time of) charge first stage. Improvement of response when travelling. There is with decrease of internal resistance. It is with as for the thought which I really try? (It was dubious, but.. .) Whether or not the above-mentioned effect was produced entirely, it is not understood, but you think that certainly ' power rise ' it has done. Especially start running, in order for punch power to continue well enough, think the better seed. You think that is with also temperature at the time of charge end went down. The ‚Ô ‚Á ‚¿‚Ⴏ it liked. (Laughing) price is 3000 Yen, but you think that of course especially ƒ^ƒ~ƒOƒ‰ or power system can do the advantage to the person who race/lace has been done normally to race/lace of the one make-up. To try inside one time companion, to call it is it is not, probably will be? Well the radi-con ‚Á ‚Ä inner part is deep, don't you think? is, the ‚¥ -. Those which ahead or sudden rhythm this are not coming out, you rival being, the shank. (HBAR - HBAR) ƒjƒ„ƒŠ [/B]
Old 07-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Addict

From what I saw and heard from O. Jansen at the LRP in germany :

First I saw some numbers on hara's packs, and they're indeed incredible : 1.205V, 504s...

Second, Oscar showed me some of the armatures they use, with indeed slots in the stack. This gives a lot of power according to Oscar, but the motor likes to eat electrons... So he can only give these armatures to the drivers with the lightest fingers... Guess who's usually get some ?

So his power has nothing to do with the plate he's using, I'd say it's all in his fingers, as he can manege not to ump with such a motor (and thanks to his packs too...).
Old 07-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

From the KO VFS 2000 (HARA Twister) speedo thread:
"Well, as of at the Nats, Hara has been and is testing the new Ultra-Diode that will be included with the VFS-1 speedo. It is smaller than the Novak, and MUCH, MUCH, more powerful.

By the way, one Novak super shottky is the power of 5 regular ones.

Also, with the Hyper boosters, I ran two when I ran 19 turn, and at the Nats Robert rebuilt my speedo and didnt have any Hyper Boosters with him, so I ran it without, and didnt feel and performance differance.
-Mike"

Another piece in the puzzle
Old 07-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

edit
Old 07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by robk
From the KO VFS 2000 (HARA Twister) speedo thread:
"Well, as of at the Nats, Hara has been and is testing the new Ultra-Diode that will be included with the VFS-1 speedo. It is smaller than the Novak, and MUCH, MUCH, more powerful.

By the way, one Novak super shottky is the power of 5 regular ones.

Also, with the Hyper boosters, I ran two when I ran 19 turn, and at the Nats Robert rebuilt my speedo and didnt have any Hyper Boosters with him, so I ran it without, and didnt feel and performance differance.
-Mike"

Another piece in the puzzle

What, that has nothing to do with it, I stated that he was testing the new diode, not the actual speedo. All the schottky does is help dampen the short across the motor when you brake...
Old 07-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Nawww... Hara's immense driving ability and ability to lay down the power early gives him the illusion that he has faster motor (quote from KMW)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.