R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Associated TC6 vs Xray T3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/458604-associated-tc6-vs-xray-t3.html)

thercman 12-04-2010 06:28 PM

Associated TC6 vs Xray T3

Which would you choose and why?

tc3jp 12-04-2010 07:10 PM

TC6,, parts availability...it wins...

macavant 12-04-2010 07:18 PM

+1 for parts availability. I am actually in the market for a belt drive TC, and specifically waited for the release of the T6. I was close to ordering a T3 '11 - until I visited the AE site.

thercman 12-04-2010 07:27 PM

Been an Associated guy since the gold RC10 days myself. I am with you guys for parts availability. I have been thinking about trying a different brand though. :-)

Funky 12-04-2010 07:43 PM

Tough choice, I am trying to make the same decision myself. I am a long time Associated customer (still have my gold pan RC10s from when I was a kid) and have plenty of their newer cars too.... although I have heard nothing but good things about the Xrays. Unfortunately I have never had a chance to drive one, but it seems like most people that own one are extremely happy with them. I am sure they are both awesome cars but this is a tough choice!!

I can't seem to make up my mind so I am hoping to see some good responses in this thread that might help us both out.

thercman 12-04-2010 07:52 PM

For this I am going to go with the easiest to work on and tune. I also do not want to have to add ridiculous amounts of weights etc to the car. You know, take any quality car (such as these) and give it to a great driver and they will win with either one. :-) I had a TC3 a while back and loved it. Raced it in a stock class and did really well with it. People always questioned my motor because it was so quick to accelerate. (trade secret with lubrication :D ) Also I believe the shaft was more efficient than the belts. What ever I get I am looking forward to the brushless set up. The only brushless vehicles I have right now is a RC18T....

Chris Furman 12-04-2010 07:59 PM

TC6 all the way... Have both... The Xray just is not worth the price tag. Quality and performance of TC6 is impressive for price.

ByteStream 12-05-2010 01:24 AM

I'm new to TC .. been racing the Xray T3 for about 2 months, hit tons of stuff really hard, I hit a dot off the staight which launched the car into a board which in turn launched the car about 3-4 feet in the air, landed and kept going, call it durability testing :) I have yet to break a part on the Xray and am very happy with it (knock on wood).

rx7ttlm 12-05-2010 02:15 AM

I may be biased, but I am running the T3 2011 for the 2010-2011 season. Xray makkes a great car and not only great cars. Having RC America sponsored drivers throughout the nation that are really approachable is probably one of the highlights of Team Xray USA. The xray is also going to be more durable than the graphite based plastics of the associated (historically since I have run the xray cars and associated cars). You also won't get caught out by xray not updating their car for 5 years. You don't have to buy the cars yearly revisions but each revision brings you a noticeably better car.

Hope this helps.

jake95 12-05-2010 02:26 AM

go for an xray there alot stronger and relabile manuals are great and setup book parts are easy to find

Wolf 12-05-2010 03:40 AM

Depends on budget.
More budget, Xray
Less budget, TC6

jackdani 12-05-2010 04:50 AM

hi,
i m having the same choice, complicated by the fact that i m aslo considering trf 417.:nod:

however the big doubt is about tc6/t3...

i m from italy, and here the situation until last few weeks was the following:

in my track if there were 10 people the cars would have been:
7 xray
1 corally
1 tamiya
1 schumacher...

the point is that since 2 or 3 weeks almost half xray drivers switched to asso,
so that now the same 10 drivers are:
4 xray
4 asso
1 tamiya
1 schumacher

guys that changed are VERY happy, according to theme the car is easy, have more steering than almost every machine else, is strong and with a complete new design have a perfect balance.
however the car, coming out of the box, is made for high grip surface, so that if you are running mid/low grip hasphalt you need to change some small details.

furthermore you have to consider that here in italy xray parts are the most popular BUT even the most exensive, meanwhile asso parts are not so difficult to find and cost even half price.
plus we have to consider that car popularity is a key factor in the choise, i would not have chose a tc5 beause no one was driving one for miles, so would have been very difficult reach any help on the track, just talking on the car, etc..

with the tc6 is quite different, is becoming very common and, even if i was not a fan (i drive mi4lp race) , i can tell you that xray drivers are now happy enough to not regret their choise...

finally if you consider that tc6 cost here almost 100 euros less that t3...you can easly understand that i m very close to the choise!

hope this help!:D

Wolf 12-05-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by jackdani (Post 8299398)
hi,
i m having the same choice, complicated by the fact that i m aslo considering trf 417.:nod:

however the big doubt is about tc6/t3...

i m from italy, and here the situation until last few weeks was the following:

in my track if there were 10 people the cars would have been:
7 xray
1 corally
1 tamiya
1 schumacher...

the point is that since 2 or 3 weeks almost half xray drivers switched to asso,
so that now the same 10 drivers are:
4 xray
4 asso
1 tamiya
1 schumacher

guys that changed are VERY happy, according to theme the car is easy, have more steering than almost every machine else, is strong and with a complete new design have a perfect balance.
however the car, coming out of the box, is made for high grip surface, so that if you are running mid/low grip hasphalt you need to change some small details.

furthermore you have to consider that here in italy xray parts are the most popular BUT even the most exensive, meanwhile asso parts are not so difficult to find and cost even half price.
plus we have to consider that car popularity is a key factor in the choise, i would not have chose a tc5 beause no one was driving one for miles, so would have been very difficult reach any help on the track, just talking on the car, etc..

with the tc6 is quite different, is becoming very common and, even if i was not a fan (i drive mi4lp race) , i can tell you that xray drivers are now happy enough to not regret their choise...

finally if you consider that tc6 cost here almost 100 euros less that t3...you can easly understand that i m very close to the choise!

hope this help!:D

Wow, yours guy switch car so quick. Is the T3 (2010 or the 2011?) that bad? How long had the TC6 hit the the market? a week? a month?

trerc 12-05-2010 05:59 AM

jackdani 12-05-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 8299450)
Wow, yours guy switch car so quick. Is the T3 (2010 or the 2011?) that bad? How long had the TC6 hit the the market? a week? a month?

sorry, i forget to specify, u are right they switch from xray t3 2010

anyway the tc6 here in italy is available since no more than 3 weeks,
but, as i told you, owners are allready very happy!

btw thare are even a consistant number of t3 2011, they are good as well but owners allready owned a t3 before...so not big change for theme!:spidey: