R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2004, 05:56 AM   #46
Tech Regular

does the yokomo mr4tc sd breaks as much as the TC3? whats the difference between both cars? difference to pro 4?
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:12 AM   #47
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Associateds reply to disgruntled TC3 owner....

that's classic!!!!!!

Every car breaks (or can) while I've been lucky to only ever break a few parts over the years (can only think of 3) this thread reminds me of my saying below...

"the secret to going fast in try not to hit anything" it might as well say "the secret to your car not breaking is try not to hit anything........."

I've lost count of the number of people I've seen race that would rather barge through and hope for the best than hang back and stay out of trouble.

As I said to someone not to long ago I freely admit 80% of the races I do win have been from staying out of trouble because I don't want to break the pretty car I spend all this time maintaining. lol

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 07-24-2004 at 06:22 AM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:14 AM   #48
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Way you go there buddy!!.
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:16 AM   #49
Tech Regular

i have owned a B3 for at least a year now and have not broken anything. i have an xray and have not broken any parts. so i think breaking parts is not a problem. but what is the difference between the cars?
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:49 AM   #50
Tech Regular

I think that if you get any of the competitive cars out there like tc3, losi, xray, pro4 and so on you should be in pretty good shape. It all comes down to setup and driving. Every car will break if you hit the boards hard enough. To get balance into the tc3 with the 3300 you will have to move the batteries in. When picking a new car, I usually look at parts availabilty rather than which car is wining the national title because any of these competitive cars with the right setup and in the hands of the right driver can win. Since you seem to like the xray I will give you my opinions on the xray.

The xray is a great car. On the tc3 you will have to degreas the bearings and make sure the drive train free. With the xray no mod out of the box. The bearings are already degrease and oiled from the fractory. The only draw back that I see with the xray is that not all hobby store care parts for it. So you might have to go online for some parts. Pluse like it was said earlier new xray cars are coming out very fast. The tc3 has been the same for the longest time and it still is competitive.

But is all comes down to making your own call. Every thing is realitive and nothing is absolute so there is no one car that is better than all of the others.
Vue Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:25 AM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I own alot of TC's(10)and in my opinion the TC-3 is a little on the twitchey side,the Xray is a very netural handling car,and anyone who thinks the Pro4 is a purple TC-3 has not driven one.I also think that the Losi is a great car.Out of all the cars I own I like the Pro4 the most,As I have said before I dont think any one TC is better than another..with that said,I was racing an Xray and doing ok with it,just never seemed to hit the right set up for me,I bought the Pro4 when it first came out,and the first race I TQ'ed and got 2nd..2 laps faster with the Pro4,I'm allways in the top 3 now.And I still dont think the Pro4 is a better car than an Xray,It just fits my driving style better.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #52
tornado

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
I own alot of TC's(10)and in my opinion the TC-3 is a little on the twitchey side,the Xray is a very netural handling car,and anyone who thinks the Pro4 is a purple TC-3 has not driven one.I also think that the Losi is a great car.Out of all the cars I own I like the Pro4 the most,As I have said before I dont think any one TC is better than another..with that said,I was racing an Xray and doing ok with it,just never seemed to hit the right set up for me,I bought the Pro4 when it first came out,and the first race I TQ'ed and got 2nd..2 laps faster with the Pro4,I'm allways in the top 3 now.And I still dont think the Pro4 is a better car than an Xray,It just fits my driving style better.
You said it very right dude. Its not the car .....is the drivers that matters. I've drive the Pro 4 ....don't like... but the CGM and TC3 was something else...both handle equally good... heh heh suits my driving style.....

Bryan
Old 07-26-2004, 05:21 AM   #53
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
You said it very right dude. Its not the car .....is the drivers that matters. I've drive the Pro 4 ....don't like... but the CGM and TC3 was something else...both handle equally good... heh heh suits my driving style.....

Bryan

Bottomline as lots of pro racers say its all on the driving style....
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:06 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Default Re: WHY the TC3???

This have never been a question for me... I just dont like the TC3, so simple is that.

The perfect car dont exist. If it did, everybody would drive it, and everybody would be on the top of the podium Would that be funny?

The point is: Choose the car you like the most (and which is good locally supported) and get the most out of it.

Windsorguy99 said it very well: The touring cars currently on the market are pretty much all capable of competing and winning, ultimately it's up to the driver. Bashing a car because they continuouosly engineer and tweak it vs. having it stay the same and forcing racers to mill out the chassis, run other brand components and go to third party hopups to stay competitive just doesn't make sense to me
Old 07-26-2004, 06:39 AM   #55
Tech Adept

i broke my first lower arm on my mission a few days ago, was testing it without a body and hit the side of a garden barrier..snapped it clean off
lucky i got spares..
NismosR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Y TC3??.. no problem with the apares, hop-ups, and cf's. easy to set-up!.
chris_v1s is offline   Reply With Quote