Wiki Posts
Search

How to corner like a pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default How to corner like a pro

Any pro's have some tips. Radio setup, car setup and driving tips.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

practice
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shoe
Any pro's have some tips. Radio setup, car setup and driving tips.
Slow in fast out

practice and practice

Jilles told me that 2 years ago and i am still practicing !!!

He didnt tell me how long i needed to practice for !!!!

I am still crap !!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Slow in fast out

practice and practice

Jilles told me that 2 years ago and i am still practicing !!!

He didnt tell me how long i needed to practice for !!!!

I am still crap !!!!!
in your case forever,j/k
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
in your case forever,j/k

you havn't seen me drive ,

i've been practicing landing a 1/12th !!! taking off is easy , landing without killing it is the hard part

Old 12-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Take off is optional---landing is NOT!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Amazingly enough---you;ll know as you get there. Late Apex and slow in fast out is a great start. But once you see your car APPEAR slow---but your times are IMPROVING--you'll know you are getting there. SMOOTH is FAST!!!
T
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Perfect practice makes perfect.

Go out to practice and be serious. Run hard laps and take lap times. Without lap times a "good feeling" car means nothing. Actually it means you are going slow. A car that is on edge, is hard to drive and thus makes you quicker by being on top of it and focusing you attention. (unless it's just evil handling)

Slow in fast out is better described as; go in under absolute control and on your line, hold corner speed and at apex you should already be on the gas and "unwinding" the steering looking ahead to the next corner.

Smooth on throttle and off, smooth steering inputs. You can be quick on both but you shouldn't be hearing the trigger "clicking" against the Tx

Also you have to try things on your car. Different tires, different ESC settings, different saucing techniques, different bodies. But only do one thing at a time!

Once you get a feel for what each does then put it all together in one package and see what your times are. Sometimes combining the good stuff slows you down so don't get frustrated.

Radio settings are also something every pro goes to first if the car under or over steers or has too much punch or not enough. EXP and EPA settings as well as D/R can make or break you and in 90% of the times fix a problem in a couple of clicks right then and there rather than turning wrenches.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

[

Radio settings are also something every pro goes to first if the car under or over steers or has too much punch or not enough. EXP and EPA settings as well as D/R can make or break you and in 90% of the times fix a problem in a couple of clicks right then and there rather than turning wrenches.[/QUOTE]
Radio setup ? Do I start with steering trim and SUB T in the middle, D/R at MAX 120%, set EPA, turn down D/R to @ 90-100%. Set throttle EPA high(130%) / low(160%) to MAX, program ESC, turn throttle back down to 100%. Will (-) EXP make the car easier to drive. Thanks

Last edited by shoe; 12-01-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
section driving, there are some ilustrations
Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Perfect practice makes perfect.

Go out to practice and be serious. Run hard laps and take lap times. Without lap times a "good feeling" car means nothing. Actually it means you are going slow. A car that is on edge, is hard to drive and thus makes you quicker by being on top of it and focusing you attention. (unless it's just evil handling)

Slow in fast out is better described as; go in under absolute control and on your line, hold corner speed and at apex you should already be on the gas and "unwinding" the steering looking ahead to the next corner.

Smooth on throttle and off, smooth steering inputs. You can be quick on both but you shouldn't be hearing the trigger "clicking" against the Tx

Also you have to try things on your car. Different tires, different ESC settings, different saucing techniques, different bodies. But only do one thing at a time!

Once you get a feel for what each does then put it all together in one package and see what your times are. Sometimes combining the good stuff slows you down so don't get frustrated.

Radio settings are also something every pro goes to first if the car under or over steers or has too much punch or not enough. EXP and EPA settings as well as D/R can make or break you and in 90% of the times fix a problem in a couple of clicks right then and there rather than turning wrenches.
How much expo would you run in a touring car or a 1/12th scale? I remember running expo last year and switching back but have been thinking about trying it again as my driving has gotten better. Can someone go through what type of tracks they would think about adding another click or two to the expo versus removing?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lochness42
http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
section driving, there are some ilustrations
Been there and here
http://www.competitionx.com/rc-tuning/rc-tuning-guide/ and here T3 setup book http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ame=XRAY%20T3R and I have the XXX main book. I am an offroad guy that bought a TC5 for the GT+ 21.5 class.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought you just came into the corner super hot than crashed into the PVC and bounced off into the next straight section?? Or is that only the racers at the club I go to Helps if you have an HPI Sprint though. For me to poop on. I kidd I kidd
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

The amount of D/R you use depends on a lot of things, but for the most part I set it to use 1/2 to 3/4 of the lane width to do a U-turn as a starting point and work from there.
For Exp, it depends on how sensitive yuo are, and how the track is set up. If it's generally a fast flowing track, I have a lot of negative Exp, that way the first 1/2 of my steering throw is more sensitive.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

This is the problem as I have experienced over the last 3 years of racing. I think most people can visualize a good line, but the very good drivers can always get there car to take that line. Most of us don't have crappy lines because we don't know where they are, we just don't force ourselves to slow the car down to the right speed to take them. The other part is that say you do drive controlled and hit the lines, there is a chance you'll be a bit slower than you want to be, which is where setup comes into play, knowing the small changes that will let the car carry more speed through the corners helps tremendously, and some people flat out just drive a car that is on the edge of losing traction, balancing the grip they have. Personally when I think a car is easy to drive, faster drivers think it pushes like a dump truck, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.