Community
Wiki Posts
Search

drift

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default drift

thinkin of getting a yokomo car anyone have one and what will i need to drift it
Old 11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kjs_specv
thinkin of getting a yokomo car anyone have one and what will i need to drift it
I dont know about yokomo but from experience i can tell you that for cheap great out of the box drifting the sprint 2 drift. Its my 8yr old brothers car and it runs like a dream, parts are easy to get and cheap.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Sprint 2 is a good beginner chassis, but from the beginning, there are mods that need to be done as there are some flaws in the chassis. If you want to start drifting, and don't know what to get, i need to know more about your budget before i can REALLY help you.

If your LHS carries alot of Hotbodies Cyclone parts, i suggest go for a HB Cyclone S. It's a cheap solution but doesn't sacrifice quality. Now if you want a Yokomo, I say go for a Type-C kit. If you decide to get a "kit" rather than a "rtr" you will need the list below. As far as i know, Yokomo doesnt offer a TypeC RTR, so you need to go with the kit.

Buy from www.driftspeed.com, they carry tons of Yokomo parts through a parts dealer named Katsumi. As far as I know, he only Or you can PM me, and I can help you more thoroughly if you want to get a yokomo because i know Katsumi personally.

1) the kit
2) electronics: ESC & motor (go brushless if you have money. i suggest going for a Novak 8.5 setup, or a Speedpassion esc w/ a novak 8.5 motor)
servo: any decent metal gear servo will do. doesn't need to be a high speed, but shoot for the highspeed if you have to pick between speed and torque
radio & receiver: Go 2.4ghz, tons of solutions for this, and cheap too! go airtronics, futaba, or spektrum. they all offer cheap 2.4ghz without sacrificing quality.
3) battery and charger: If you can, go lipo. Lipos are cheap now, and you can pick them up cheap at www.hobbypartz.com, along with a cheap charger from there. make sure you get a charger that is lipo capable if you decide to go lipo
4) Body and tires: bodies vary from $20-$60, so it's up to you. For wheels and tires, i suggest going for HPI and Yokomo wheels, with HPI type-T drift tires
Old 11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ill prob spend atleast 350