Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Exotic Touring Cars >

Exotic Touring Cars

Exotic Touring Cars

Old 07-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Exotic Touring Cars

I remember when all the new cars were comming out they all looked cool and innovative

Now I've seen then more and gotten used to them I realised

They're all the same f#@$!ng thing!

Theres nothing that really reaches out and grabs anyone by the balls anymore....It seems theyr'e only a few basic designs

1) TC3
2) XXX-S
3) X-Ray, 414M2
4) MR-4TC, 415, Corally Assassin
5) Evo3, MR-4TC SD, HPI Pro 4

I wanna see something out of the ordinary. Could some of us post some "unorthodox" designs. I know some of us like to play around and draw what we'd make if we were at AE or Losi so could you peeps post their own "Homegrown" designs...I'll post some of mine in a few days. This could be a fun thread.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:32 PM
tornado

take a look at this
Attached Thumbnails Exotic Touring Cars-tb-evo-1.jpg  

Old 07-19-2004, 09:33 PM
tornado

another pict
Attached Thumbnails Exotic Touring Cars-tb-evo-2.jpg  

Old 07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
tornado

and another
Attached Thumbnails Exotic Touring Cars-tb-evo-3.jpg  

Old 07-19-2004, 09:41 PM
tornado

Some guy in UK is making something similar ....a mid motored TC3... sexy looking machine too. Izit still the same F****ing thing now ? Manufacturers wanted to market something which are tested and proven. If you could make a visit to Ae's factory...I'm sure you'll be surprised to see tons of protypes piled up every where.

Cheers mate.

Bryan

Old 07-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

I would be very interested seeing failed prototypes. Seeing what made them not work and why the version that come out is better would interest me...

I seemed to come up with this interest of someday designing my own car or working on designing my own car....don't ask why
Old 07-19-2004, 09:51 PM
tornado

Originally posted by The Black Kat
I would be very interested seeing failed prototypes. Seeing what made them not work and why the version that come out is better would interest me...

I seemed to come up with this interest of someday designing my own car or working on designing my own car....don't ask why
Ooh lah lah.....somebody here have dream.....a dream to one day able to drive his out of the world creation. The Japs are doing this for ages. Once in the while you'll see one or two exotic creation kicking some serious butts on the track. The pictures I've posted are from the land of the rising sun. You got a bright future buddy.

Bryan

Old 07-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

After all, I'm part Japanese (my Grandmother is from Japan)

Plus a lot of my current/former interests were/are popular in Japan, Pokemon cards (bleh), Pro Wrestling (still fun to watch), R/C Racing (thats why I'm here)

I just came up with this pretty cool steering assembly design that uses only one turnbuckle to adjust toe-in
Old 07-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

PTI Racing has a unique touring car. Mono shock in the front is what I remember the most. Sorry, no link.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:55 AM
tornado

In my opinion Losi XXX is pretty unique. Kyosho KX One is similar.

Bryan

Old 07-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by tornado
In my opinion Losi XXX is pretty unique. Kyosho KX One is similar.

Bryan
The KX-1 has nothing to do with the Losi : not the same drivetrain, not the same structure, not the same design at all. The only similar thing is that they both use only one belt, but a TL-01 uses a shaft, would you say it's similar to let's say, a TC3 ?
Old 07-20-2004, 02:40 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
The KX-1 has nothing to do with the Losi : not the same drivetrain, not the same structure, not the same design at all. The only similar thing is that they both use only one belt, but a TL-01 uses a shaft, would you say it's similar to let's say, a TC3 ?
How could you compare TL01 with the TC3. Heaven and earth my friend. If you say CGM and TC3 or perhaps Pro 4 and TB Evo I may agree but not TL01 and TC3.

Both KX One and Losi using the same idea and I would put them in the same class.

No point arguing over small matter like this. Get nobody anywhere.

Bryan

Old 07-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Exotic Touring Cars

Originally posted by The Black Kat

1) TC3
2) XXX-S
3) X-Ray, 414M2
4) MR-4TC, 415, Corally Assassin
5) Evo3, MR-4TC SD, HPI Pro 4
How about the TA03? That is a unique design too. Choose the config you want, Front Motor, Rear Motor, Dual Motor, Short wheelbase? long wheelbase?

most of the early Tamiya cars are unique compared to the "basic" designs you listed.

Last edited by rough512; 07-20-2004 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by tornado
How could you compare TL01 with the TC3. Heaven and earth my friend. If you say CGM and TC3 or perhaps Pro 4 and TB Evo I may agree but not TL01 and TC3.

Both KX One and Losi using the same idea and I would put them in the same class.

No point arguing over small matter like this. Get nobody anywhere.

Bryan
KX-1 and XXX-S --> heaven and earth too mate, you're going too quick on comparing them only by the base of their drivetrain.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Default PTI Evo2

http://www.ptiracing.net/page7.html

original enough??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.