R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt
Default New to TC and have some ?

Hello all,
I use to race Off-Road a while back but got out and started flying heli's. I got out about the time brushless was really kicking in.

Well I'm kindof getting back into cars and just want a nice TC to mess with but not sure about the car or electronics. I'm not looking for pro stuff just something to mess with and maybe at some point try to race.

So I'm looking at the Xray T3R or the Schumacher Mi4LP sport. Both are around the same price. Can these be upgraded to the full pro kit with CF chassis and such. I've been looking into the AE TC5R as well as I like the AE products when I raced off-road.

Also esc/motor's... What KV am I looking for. looking for a fun sport setup to a wild and fast setup. What KV range am I looking for and pinion for a 2s setup.

Thanks, George
Old 11-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If your looking to get into tc check out the us/vta class if your local track runs that class the class is set up that everyone runs the novak 25.5 brushles motor 2s 5000 lipo is the max you can run the esc is non timming advance the tires everybody runs are the same its a drivers class and you dont need the latest and greatest stuff to race the tc 4 tc5 xray schumacher and other chassie work great for the class i run a schumacher mi3.5 as my us/vta car and i love it you can check out the us/vta form in this section in onroad here in rc tech there you will find the rules for the class if your looking for a fun class to race with out spending alot of cash the us/vta class could be for you
mojo 309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Thanks Mojo. I'll look at that thread.

Not really alot of racing local. The local track closed down but their was a place holding race's not to far from me. I think the rest of the tracks are about an hour away so I won't be racing much.

I'll keep an eye out for something maybe in the F/S section.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Picked up a TC4 for now to mess with. now I just gotts get a BLS setup.

I'll prob. pick up a Schumacher or something later if I get more into racing.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

no reason you cant race that TC4, There is a guy at my track who has one and does very well.
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my son has a tc4 its a nice car perfect us/vta car.
mojo 309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Ya TC4 is a great car it will be fun. I'll still probably pick up a T3R,TC6 or Mi4LP to try out at some point.