R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #16
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

150c is obviously a burst rating not continuous. Kinda like speakers. Most good speaker companies rate them by RMS while some rate by peak. A 100 watt radio shack speaker is actually only 50 watts RMS.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
150c is obviously a burst rating not continuous. Kinda like speakers. Most good speaker companies rate them by RMS while some rate by peak. A 100 watt radio shack speaker is actually only 50 watts RMS.
Define the burst rating DURATION (in nothing less than SECONDS) and then we have something to talk about. Damn near any battery could hit a something outrageous for 1 microsecond, still doesn't make it a useful burst rating. Until or unless manufacturers properly define the burst rating in terms of duration, we will never know if our batteries are anywhere near as capable as the advertising hype claims.

Oh, and as to ANY warranty on ANY product.....the best warranty is the one that you NEVER have to test.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Define the burst rating DURATION (in nothing less than SECONDS) and then we have something to talk about. Damn near any battery could hit a something outrageous for 1 microsecond, still doesn't make it a useful burst rating. Until or unless manufacturers properly define the burst rating in terms of duration, we will never know if our batteries are anywhere near as capable as the advertising hype claims.

Oh, and as to ANY warranty on ANY product.....the best warranty is the one that you NEVER have to test.
I agree completely. That was kind of my point, though I guess I didn't explain it well. My point was that just like speakers, the peak ratings aren't really important and don't mean much, it's the RMS you need to go by. But more nefarious dealers try to make their products sound better than they are by publishing peak numbers instead of RMS.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #19
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

Everybody always wants the latest and greatest. At my last race meet, I got my best results ever in 13.5 turbo sedan with a 4000 35C. I have bigger batteries, but my driving makes a bigger difference than battery tech. Same goes for most of you reading this.....
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I agree completely. That was kind of my point, though I guess I didn't explain it well. My point was that just like speakers, the peak ratings aren't really important and don't mean much, it's the RMS you need to go by. But more nefarious dealers try to make their products sound better than they are by publishing peak numbers instead of RMS.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
 
jjfo80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: queensland australia
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

excellent quality & their warranty is the best around ....
Those other brands you mention overflow the Li-Po graveyard at my local track...[/QUOTE]

Isnt the best warranty is not to have to use it???
__________________
Owner of Precise Fuels and RC and Podified Fuels
jjfo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net