R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-17-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default need new stock motor and 3300mah batt.

Just gettin back in to electric 1/10 touring cars.
I need help finding a stock motor and real good 6-cell 3300's batt. for a medium size track. I see alot of the matched pack's on e-bay with good numbers. One guy has some for $72.00 with good numbers that's for two packs.

Could someone point me where to go or any info that would help me?????

By the way I am running a IRS TC3 with a lrp sr esc.
Sage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
Tech Master

Check out Fukuyama Racing at www.fukuyamaracing.com

I would go with the Monster Stock Motor and some fukuyama packs! They also sell a Power Cube wich will give you 3 packs for one low price...they are great for practice and intermediate level racing.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by R/C HEAT
Check out Fukuyama Racing at www.fukuyamaracing.com

I would go with the Monster Stock Motor and some fukuyama packs! They also sell a Power Cube wich will give you 3 packs for one low price...they are great for practice and intermediate level racing.
Agreed, & fortunately, you can get both from Fukuyama, since they started tuning Monster stock motors(they call theirs the Mako). I have a few of them, & they seem to run quite well, every bit as good as the motors I used at the US TC Champs....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:26 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Definetly try SURGE these batteries are awesome and the price is reasonable customer service is second to none Gary huber will take great care of you www.surgebatterymatching.com
lowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Stay away from ALOT of the companies on Ebay.Some of them arent even truly matched.When they are matched you can feel the LACK of performance on the track compared to "OTHER" matchers with a name.If they are fast it's usually only for a short time and the ZAP wears off quick.
With companies like:
SMC,Fukuyama,Promatch,Peak/Orion,and others I would go with a known name 1st.Dont waste money on average packs for a lil more you can get some TOP packs.
If your just getting back in maybe not worry about 1.17's or 1.18's right off but start off with some 1.15's or 1.16's till you learn to truly drive again.
Medium sized track would be The Teal Colored Trinity can called the Revenge of the monster.Look for some tuned by:
Fantom,Putnam,Kisbey,Fukuyama and others.They will be a lil better than the trinity's most of the time.For a learning motor I would start off with a stock trinity and then move up with time.
Goodluck and welcome back to the hobby.I hope you enjoy it.
Les
Old 07-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #6
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
cr250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

sage11
A outsiders view(i live in the uk).
I import promatch,kmr,& surge in to the uk & they are all good, if they were not i would`nt import them. If your not flush for cash i would go for the 165-169 class since you mentioned stock class your not after long runtimes, just good performance at a fair price.
The choice is yours

stock motors
Q)whats a good stock motor?
A) one that is geared properly
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to TCRacerPro

A good battery and stock motor for a medium track would be any 3300 matched batteries. I use EPIC motorsport batteries and KMR Batteries. They have good numbers and voltage. They also sell these on EBAy for a really good price. i god it in bulk, so for a pro/team pack i paid 34 each + shipping, which i asked to combined. And a good stock motor would be a high RPM motor. the Trinity Monster stock Pro and the EPIC Binary2 Pro stock are good motors these days. You can also stick with the Orion Core or the Peak Hellfire, they are still good motors!
TCRacerPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:52 PM   #9
Tech Regular

A good pack of cells are usually smc,orion/peak or maybe robitronic . I've tried lots of stock motors but at the moment i like the fantom silver (just a monster but they call it silver) motor but others are very good .
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
Tech Master

get a pack of orions with a peak hellfire stock motors.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:56 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys for the info!!! It really helped me, I hope other people got as much as I did!

I think I am going with the Surge cells with a EPIC Binary2 Pro stock motor.
I race a ntc3 at local club races. I can't wait to get into electric again. A little bit a slower pace and a lot cleaner!!

Thanks again GUYS!!!!
Sage11 is offline   Reply With Quote