R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboySiR View Post
Dont know too much about F1 performance but since 12th scale pan cars seem similar wouldnt a tube damper be a nice concept to try?(dont haze me if Im being stupid...new to larger scale stuff)

i like the swap of mini-z to micro-t shocks...very econo.
been done before, i dont want to be a copy of anything if at all possible! i dont beleive there is an advantage over the shock mainly because the shock characteristics dont change because the fluid is sealed.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The plot thickens. Oh we have got to get another builders cup this year. Can Mantisworks take the trophy home? Will Alpha pull out another? Will the Hyperdrive team get out of the Ranch steak house in time to run the main? MLP,HPI, Tamiya, Cross, and Duratrax have come very close. Will the elusive RCindy Spitfire make a showing? What about Enforcer? Will I have the gas money to attend? Does any one know where my TV remote is?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #108
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
The plot thickens. Does any one know where my TV remote is?
Its between the cushions of the big armchair where the dog sleeps.

Marcus,

Ive probably missed the donor chassis somewhere but this is a Tamiya F104? Have you made some comparison times from set-up 103, set-up 104 and MantisWorx upgraded 104?

Is it something on the front SSG upper arm mount that allows for camber and caster changes? I'm not familiar enough with the base model to glean where these changes occur...

Being from mini-z MR02's and F1's this platform is really starting to interest me but I'm wavering on which model to get.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Gotta admit, the mini-z shock idea looks right on the money. I hope it works as good as it looks. I like the front upper a-arm as well. I could not see the lower part. Is it solid or does the steering kingpin take car ot that. I'm not taking notes just wondering. Did you say you are in Texas?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #110
Tech Adept

MantisWorx, I love those micro shocks you used, but I'm confused; you said the Kyosho ones were the best but expensive and quote: "So I came across these". So are they Kyosho Mini-Z shocks or some other brand and where did you get them?

That is the kind of shock I would like to use for the direct drive all independent suspension F1 car that Enforcer RC is working on.
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Hey Enforcerman! I should call and see how our hero is doing with the design help. Usually when we talk I get him laughing so hard he want's to start cussing me then he laughs even harder to the point that he can't talk anymore. Fun times. How's the car coming along?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #112
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
So are they Kyosho Mini-Z shocks or some other brand and where did you get them?
Im pretty sure those are Losi Micro-T shocks made by Hot Racing.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #113
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info about the shocks; I will check it out.
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Quote:
Gotta admit, the mini-z shock idea looks right on the money. I hope it works as good as it looks. I like the front upper a-arm as well. I could not see the lower part. Is it solid or does the steering kingpin take car ot that. I'm not taking notes just wondering. Did you say you are in Texas?
the lower plate screws onto the OEM camber plate and ties in with the two rear servo mount screws.the SSG plates have different camber settings.

Cowboy, this kit is for those who have a f104 pro although everything from a 103 will also fit, but you will need four standoffs. get a f104 pro, the 103's performance gap is decreasing rapidly!

Enforcer, they are micro T shocks, they work great with grease, but i dont think there is enough volume for them to work well with fluid.

MX, yes i am texas and we will be ready for the mfg cup! i got my team ready to buy the tickets and get there, i hope it ends up on asphalt!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 12-04-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboySiR View Post
Its between the cushions of the big armchair where the dog sleeps.

Marcus,

Ive probably missed the donor chassis somewhere but this is a Tamiya F104? Have you made some comparison times from set-up 103, set-up 104 and MantisWorx upgraded 104?

Is it something on the front SSG upper arm mount that allows for camber and caster changes? I'm not familiar enough with the base model to glean where these changes occur...

Being from mini-z MR02's and F1's this platform is really starting to interest me but I'm wavering on which model to get.
we run on unprepared sealed asphalt, i have a a decked out 103 with a crazy setup and 109 front that is a demon on prepared asphalt and foam, in those conditions it about a tenth or so quicker but as soon as the paragon starts to go away its a handful. my main competitor and we are nearly identical in speeds in any class we run, has a decked out 104 with exotec chassis, at this point i am 4 tenths quicker on fast lap with the same tires and same motor on the straights we are EXACTLY the same speed, but i am able to out brake him and out accelerate him out of the turns and my car is just more agile than his. next week he will have a mantisworx chassis and will have some unbiased results. we use mylaps.com for timing now so its easier to compare laptimes!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Oh, send that pm to enforcerman when you get a chance. We can't leave him out of this.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #117
Tech Champion

Default MantisWorx FQ01

now accepting pre-orders!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Got any pre-money to get my racing career started.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
The plot thickens. Oh we have got to get another builders cup this year. Can Mantisworks take the trophy home? Will Alpha pull out another? Will the Hyperdrive team get out of the Ranch steak house in time to run the main? MLP,HPI, Tamiya, Cross, and Duratrax have come very close. Will the elusive RCindy Spitfire make a showing? What about Enforcer? Will I have the gas money to attend? Does any one know where my TV remote is?
When and where will this 'builders cup' be?
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #120
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
When and where will this 'builders cup' be?
i know, probably bad time for this since christmas is so close, it will all work out!

Rick, it looks like Mantisworx is going to host it this year in houston at the world famous Mikes! track is SICK and very fast nitro TC hits high 60's, my f1 has been clocked at 55 with a 17.5, so it should be perfect for the race. i am going over details with the track and others so expect an official date soon. i would like for this to happen late february early march if at all possible.