R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #61
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Another possibility---if you change the Ballistic motor timing and re-tighten the timing screws too hard, you can short out the sensor board. Loosen these screws a bit and see if that corrects the problem.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #62
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,371
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Another possibility---if you change the Ballistic motor timing and re-tighten the timing screws too hard, you can short out the sensor board. Loosen these screws a bit and see if that corrects the problem.
How tight is considered tight enough?
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #63
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

[email protected]

You have to really crank on them to do damage.
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #64
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...hless-esc.html
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Very weak brakes

I just switched my gtb2 w ballistic 10.5 from myTC into my world gt car, no rewiring, did one touch programming and the brakes are so weak the car won't even come to a stop. I did the setup properly, radio settings normal, checked over ALL settings multiple times??? The brakes were never great in my TC but now they are non existent. Any ideas?
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #66
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

Shoot me an email with your details on setup.

[email protected]
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the email Charlie,

I will change my gearing like you suggested and see if that works. I wasn't aware of how how much gearing affecting breaking power. New to Pan Cars so my rollout wasn't ideal.

edit: GTB2 & Spektrum(Savox) S6070 work perfectly with 1 cell.

The GTB2 is listed at 6V/3A so I won't need to run Smart Boost for 1 cell, correct? I do use a Cap on my receiver for my Spektrum S6070 servo. Just wanted to make sure as I am going to run 1 cell World GT soon.

Thanks again Charlie,
Orange Power
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE

Last edited by BrodieMan; 08-25-2011 at 11:09 PM.
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #68
CL
Tech Addict
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Novak 1300+ rotor?

What happened to the 1300+ rotor? They're not on the Novak website any longer.
__________________
More racing and less typing!
CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #69
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
Thanks for the email Charlie,

I will change my gearing like you suggested and see if that works. I wasn't aware of how how much gearing affecting breaking power. New to Pan Cars so my rollout wasn't ideal.

edit: GTB2 & Spektrum(Savox) S6070 work perfectly with 1 cell.

The GTB2 is listed at 6V/3A so I won't need to run Smart Boost for 1 cell, correct? I do use a Cap on my receiver for my Spektrum S6070 servo. Just wanted to make sure as I am going to run 1 cell World GT soon.

Thanks again Charlie,
Orange Power
To the best of my knowledge, the GTB2 does not have an onboard booster for 1s like other 1s rated speed controls. For best operation of your servos when running 1s on your GTB 2 it is best you run the external booster which is also available from Novak.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/sm...ost/index.html
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I didn't have any issues running the GTB2 on 1 cell with a Spektrum S6070. Servo transit time was plenty fast enough and I took 2 seconds off my best lap time from running the same setup as 2 cell. I am trading my original GTB in for a Kinetic 1s but for now the GTB2 is doing me just fine.

Haven't been able to find the BEC Voltage & Amp rating for 1 cell but since the Smart Boost is listed as an option it is probably needed when running 1 cell. You can get away without though, if your servo was designed for 1 cell applications.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE

Last edited by BrodieMan; 08-27-2011 at 06:02 AM.
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
WildManDriving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Two questions, One being has anyone had any troubles with the GTB2 with a 4PKS radio or Savox servo? Two, is the GTB2 a smooth esc on both acceleration and brakes in a TC with 6.5 and 5.5T? I'm looking at changing brands to Novak or Tekin if my calibration troubles continue with my current speedies. Is the Kinect worth the extra?

Thanks
__________________
. . . - - - Now enjoying Proline tyres - - - . . .
Scale race models: RCHobbyzone, Mugen, Reds, Xpert, Contact, Neo+.
Toy cars: Xray T4'15, Hudy, Nosram/Muchmore, Protoform.
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

GTB2 has 6V/3A BEC. I am using Spektrum S6070 & S6040 (not sure the corresponding Savox model name) with & without a capacitors with no problems. Can't hurt to use a cap though, as Savox are thirsty servos.

I'm debating getting a kinetic as well but at a new track today I wasn't that far off the A-Main pace in mod with guys using ORCA, LRP, Tekins, Speed Passion etc to justify needing a $200 ESC.

FYI: I was using a GTB, 6.5 velocity & 20C Orion LiPo all over 5 years old in my JRX-S Type R with a carpet setup. If I actually spent some time setting up my chassis for that track, only my lack of driving skill would hold me back from placing in the A-Main not a lack of expensive gear. Think I'll stick with the one hundred dollar ESC's for a while longer
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GTB2 Amp Rating

Anyone know the Amp rating for the GTB2? Novak doesn't list it anywhere that I can find?
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #74
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
I didn't have any issues running the GTB2 on 1 cell with a Spektrum S6070. Servo transit time was plenty fast enough and I took 2 seconds off my best lap time from running the same setup as 2 cell. I am trading my original GTB in for a Kinetic 1s but for now the GTB2 is doing me just fine.

Haven't been able to find the BEC Voltage & Amp rating for 1 cell but since the Smart Boost is listed as an option it is probably needed when running 1 cell. You can get away without though, if your servo was designed for 1 cell applications.
I guess since you're running WGT, you can get away with it. Your servo still have enough torque and speed even at the reduced voltage to handle a WGT car. However, that wouldn't work for 1/12 because of the smaller servos that have less available torque.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
I just switched my gtb2 w ballistic 10.5 from myTC into my world gt car, no rewiring, did one touch programming and the brakes are so weak the car won't even come to a stop. I did the setup properly, radio settings normal, checked over ALL settings multiple times??? The brakes were never great in my TC but now they are non existent. Any ideas?
Charlie @ Novak is sending me a new Brain Board and Cap @ no charge to fix this issue. Fantastic product support from Novak I was thinking about trying a Speed Passion boosted ESC but now its a Kinetic for sure. Props to Novak.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OC CIRCUIT v.2 Intelligentsia California Racing 10451 06-15-2015 11:29 PM
Novak Kinetic Cammer Electric On-Road 2043 11-25-2013 05:30 PM
question about Novac GTB Truggyman Radio and Electronics 7 11-11-2010 11:47 AM
2006 U.S. Touring Car Championships - Novak Race nashrcracer Electric On-Road 746 02-09-2006 04:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net