R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #31
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post
Novaktwo, what do you suggest for use in 12th scale where the heatsink has to be either chopped down or not on at all to fit under the body. I am looking forward to next year when I can no longer use my current esc for stock spec?
In the next week, or so, we will be announcing 5 systems that include the GTB2---two with SS Pro Motors (cheaper), two with Ballistic 540s and one with a Ballistic 550.

The four 540 Spec combos will include a GTB2 version with our low profile HS installed for a more compact installation. When using the GTB2 with motors 8.5T and above, the LP/HS can be used. In combos with Spec motors, we can include the GTB2/LP because it is sold matched to a high wind motor. However, our standard GTB2 has the beefier HS installed (more cooling protection) because customers may be using it with hotter 3.5/4.5T motors.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
No I'm sure the GTB2 will be another quality product from Novak. I'm just saying why play catch up if another company makes a smaller unit?

On the topic of marketing stuff, I every much like the new line of speedo heatsinks. It's the kind of quality heatsink you see on high end computer motherboards. It's a very good design, but the GTB would look cleaner/lower profile though if you removed the two outer row of fins.

As for aesthetics, it would be cool if Novak would allow their customers to customize and match their speedo/switch color on their car. I think Novak can identify their products with their unique heatsink design. Maybe a Novak logo or shiny sticker. Just a thought, since I loved the orange that matched my Xray. What do you think?
Good ideas. I think that our new HS (for low wind motors) was designed to "nest" the fan a bit better between the outer fins. But, our LP/HS can be installed on the GTB2 for spec racing.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What I'm trying to say is that I love the stock heat sink, but if you remove the two very outer row of fins it would give a cleaner look and the appearance of a smaller profile.

I like the fact you can nest the fan into the heat sink. It's a great design. I'm sure the low profile heat sink would be good for 1/12 scale, but how tall the speedo makes no difference to me. I'm selling my Tekin RS so I'll pick up the GTB2. I hope you guys consider the case/switch as color options.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see the GTB 2 is 1-2S compatible, but in the accessory list the smart boost step-up module is listed. Is the boost module still required to run 1S and 2.4GHz?
cwazyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #35
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
I see the GTB 2 is 1-2S compatible, but in the accessory list the smart boost step-up module is listed. Is the boost module still required to run 1S and 2.4GHz?
All of our escs are designed to work on low voltage; you need an external booster to operate your servo/receiver if they were not designed for LV operation. The GTB2 has an auto detect for 1S or 2S.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
All of our escs are designed to work on low voltage; you need an external booster to operate your servo/receiver if they were not designed for LV operation. The GTB2 has an auto detect for 1S or 2S.
Thanks for the quick reply.
cwazyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm planning to run in scale spec in my area, 21.5t. Also going to be doing some asphalt drifting. Can't decide between the GTB 2 or an older Havoc 2s. This is my first non-rtr esc, so not sure how many features I really need to have the occasional fun day at the track.

Can anyone comment on the braking between the GTB 2 and older escs?
Raincity Raji Kon - hit me up to drift in the 206/425 -- RWD W.U.N. Nervis 2.0, RWD dlike RE-R Hybrid, RWD Sakura D4, 50:50 StreetJam OTA-R31, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd, Subaru Brat Scaler, Emaxx dual brushed motors lol

WTT: my HPI MRS4 with exotex and more
multi-bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got the GTB 2 set up for my ofna 10tt , it wouldnt sync with my radio Futaba ( 3pk ) I contacted novak after changing my receiver , switch, transmitter settings , plugins , etc . they tell me to send it back ( i pay shipping ) they send me a brand new GTB 2 I hook it up in my 10tt same thing , Iam at are local track so lets try it with my friends radio Ko guess what wont work either , I contact Novak , after alot of arguing they are paying the shipping to return it , I have only ran novak speed controls for the 11 years I have been racing I was hoping they would solve my problems but they chose to loose a long time costumer .
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #39
Company Representative

PM me and i will take care of this for you. it's likely that there is some other problem in your set-up.

Please email [email protected] with your question, Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ number/type of cells
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ warranty claim? Include serial numbers
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance; without his information, diagnosing your problem is practically impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Turner View Post
I got the GTB 2 set up for my ofna 10tt , it wouldnt sync with my radio Futaba ( 3pk ) I contacted novak after changing my receiver , switch, transmitter settings , plugins , etc . they tell me to send it back ( i pay shipping ) they send me a brand new GTB 2 I hook it up in my 10tt same thing , Iam at are local track so lets try it with my friends radio Ko guess what wont work either , I contact Novak , after alot of arguing they are paying the shipping to return it , I have only ran novak speed controls for the 11 years I have been racing I was hoping they would solve my problems but they chose to loose a long time costumer .
Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #40
Tech Master

Brandon: Email [email protected] with a description of what "exactly" the ESC does when you try to set it up. I'll be on my emails most of this weekend.

I've not had any problems with the one touch setup in an ESC in a "long time".

Make sure your Radio travels are "NOT" max, only 100%. This is a common problem.

Multi- GTB2 is a newer "better" design. Uses updated parts, cooler looking, just the "newest" in the line of afforadable raceable ESCs.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #41
Tech Adept

The radio is a 3pk , receiver is a Futaba R603fs , motor is a brand new ballistic 6.5 , servo is a futaba S9351 digital , maxamps 6500 race pack 2cell , I have did every trouble shooting tip on your website I have talked with Brent at Novak tech support over the phone he had me go through everything the switch reciever all wiring , at set up the green led for throttle solid green , for break the green led flashes when I return the transmitter to neutral all leds blink in a row , I got my original GTB hooked up now with all the same wiring and switches and it works great . I hope you can help ,
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
PM me and i will take care of this for you. it's likely that there is some other problem in your set-up.

Please email with your question, Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance; without his information, diagnosing your problem is practically impossible.
If you work at Novak pull up my account all info is there , I have called you guys 7 times to get this figured out , I run a onroad track here in tulare county if you think I am just a basher that dosent know how to hook up a rc car you are wrong . dont tell me to go to your trouble shooting site I have spent hours on that site .
Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #43
Company Representative

I see that you live in CA; do you live close enough so that you can come in to the factory (bringing your entire set-up) so that we can trouble-shoot your installation?

We will work with you until we get your problem resolved. Did you contact [email protected]---as he requested.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #44
Tech Adept

i live between fresno and bakersfield long drive to Irvine , I emailed charlie my info . I will be happy to try anything .
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #45
Tech Master

NovakTwo, have you guys ever sold anything overseas on your programme? The shiiping rates are insane!
I was thinking of upgradingmy sons GTB, but it will cost more than a new one by the time I get it shipped. I wouldn't mind waiting 2 weeks for it if it meant I would be saving $50!

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote