Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher SST Axis pro (99)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher SST Axis pro (99)

Hi All, two questions really....

I have decided to return to racing after 10 years!
Money and time are slightly more abundant these days!

1. I have a Schumacher SST Axis pro that I believe is the 99 model. Would this still be worth racing or would it be better to come back with something new?

I have been completly out of touch with everything in the last 10 years so I dont now how different the cars are now.

2. My car used to be quite fast when I originally raced it but it developed a problem that caused the steering to constantly twitch. I have now dug out the car and am intending on fixing the issue which I believe is more than likey a new reciever required, please tell me if you have any better ideas. I have tried many different servos.

Thanks guys!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bloke152

1. I have a Schumacher SST Axis pro that I believe is the 99 model. Would this still be worth racing or would it be better to come back with something new?

I have been completly out of touch with everything in the last 10 years so I dont now how different the cars are now.

2. My car used to be quite fast when I originally raced it but it developed a problem that caused the steering to constantly twitch. I have now dug out the car and am intending on fixing the issue which I believe is more than likey a new reciever required, please tell me if you have any better ideas. I have tried many different servos.

Thanks guys!
The Axis is the generation after the SST. It takes saddle pack batteries, correct?

The only real problem with using a 10 year old car is finding parts. I believe you can still get them from Schumacher USA if they're in stock.

I still have my Axis II and lots of parts from both the SST and Axis. PM me if you are interested in a rolling Axis II chassis and parts.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah thats right, the saddle pack battries.

I think I still have a whole box of spares in the loft so I think I should be ok for a little while at least. Thanks for the offer.
I may be in touch if I start to run and find time has taken its toll on the old girl though!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I take it that you are either in the UK or an Aussie.

That may make a difference in part availability with their distributors.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AreCee
I take it that you are either in the UK or an Aussie.

That may make a difference in part availability with their distributors.
Yeah, im in the UK
Old 11-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Schumacher sell parts direct, the suspension arms and the hubs were carried over to the Mission and are again reused on the new Mi1, so no problems there with spares. The car itself was OK, but drivetrain drag was the major problem it had. Not so much with modified motors, but with the 27t's it was.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bloke152

Thanks guys!
Just go through your stuff, prepare a car that is ready to race, take it to the track, and see how everything works out!

I think you may be pleasantly surprised at how well your old gear will run, and how quickly your thumbs will re-learn how to drive.

Having said that, in my opinion the Axis is just a shade too old fashioned to compete with the modern cars, and you will be looking very enviously at the performance and ease of use of brushless and LiPo compared to brushed and Nixx. Be prepared to crack open that wallet...