R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Spec ESCs

I am trying to update the track rules at our local track where we have a big VTA class. too many ppl run other than the spec Havok ESC for example the Tekin with spec program. What speed controllers should be illegal to try to keep it a level playing field but also open to other ESC's.

It was brought up that some ESC's dont have the ability to be a spec 0 timing setup like the LRP. Any gurus out there that can list off ESCs that i should have banned?

Thanx
Dave Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

You could us the ROAR aproved sportsman list found here.

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

thats exactly what i needed thanx
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyons View Post
I am trying to update the track rules at our local track where we have a big VTA class.
If you have a big class, why do the rules need updating? Make sure you consult with your drivers before you start changing. If there are lots of Tekin/Hobbywing/any other turbo type motor, they may be pissed at having to buy a new ESC.
Juuuuust a thought

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your concern, we have not realy had any rules down on paper that very from the official VTA rules from usvintagetransam.com. We have had discussions to allow us to very the rules a bit on the ESC/motor rules to run other brand motors and other brand ESC's with no timing boosts. it seems that there are some ESC's that have timing built in to the profiles that you cant remove and/or there is no 0 timing profile and it was discussed that we would not allow those.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why not just use the USVTA rules as posted??
bob o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Company Representative

To support the USVTA races around the US, we developed a program to offer affordable electronics and combos directly to racers and also a dealer-direct program:

TeamNovak USVTA program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyons View Post
Thank you for your concern, we have not realy had any rules down on paper that very from the official VTA rules from usvintagetransam.com. We have had discussions to allow us to very the rules a bit on the ESC/motor rules to run other brand motors and other brand ESC's with no timing boosts. it seems that there are some ESC's that have timing built in to the profiles that you cant remove and/or there is no 0 timing profile and it was discussed that we would not allow those.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Thats an awesome deal, I was unaware of the pricing, its too late now since our indoor carpet season has begun but i will try to push for mandatory spec systems for next yr. If the racers are given a yr to adjust there should be no complaints.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess Rob K posting the NEW USVTA rules over a year ago to be strted this past September was not enought time!!!!!!!!
Bob O
bob o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Novak

Does Novak have a program that will let you trade in your 21.5 for the new 25.5? I personally have two motors. One is a 17.5 stainless for the first year of VTA then I bought the 21.5 stainless motor ( which I sold for half price) then Novak came out with the 21.5 ballistic version and clearly was a faster motor so I bought one of those too.

Why does USVTA keep changing motors every year or two? Pick a motor and run it more than one year....... Never heard of a 25.5 motor don't know what else you would even use a 25.5 motor for other than VTA. I like the 21.5 motor and really see no good reason of why there was a change.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

the prob is its not just the track i race at but all the surounding tracks do the same thing. there is no true VTA class within a 3 hr drive in any direction. its all moded rules of some type in regards to motor/esc rules. its to the point that when its time to put a new body on the car Im thinkin Ill switch to touring rubber class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob o View Post
I guess Rob K posting the NEW USVTA rules over a year ago to be strted this past September was not enought time!!!!!!!!
Bob O
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Does Novak have a program that will let you trade in your 21.5 for the new 25.5? I personally have two motors. One is a 17.5 stainless for the first year of VTA then I bought the 21.5 stainless motor ( which I sold for half price) then Novak came out with the 21.5 ballistic version and clearly was a faster motor so I bought one of those too.

Why does USVTA keep changing motors every year or two? Pick a motor and run it more than one year....... Never heard of a 25.5 motor don't know what else you would even use a 25.5 motor for other than VTA. I like the 21.5 motor and really see no good reason of why there was a change.
Not one of our VTA racers races VTA solely, and its more a 2nd or 3rd class. the thought of running VTA as an extra class is you dont need a high end chassis and you can just throw together a VTA ride with stuff laying around. this is why the open esc and whatever 21.5 rules allowed, just to make it easier to get into VTA so the rule changes by USVTA does not help.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
Company Representative

We have Trade-In programs for both escs and BL motors that allow you to return any BL motor or esc that we have ever made and upgrade to a current product.

We added the exchange into our exclusive 25.5 turn motors (both SS Pros and Ballistics) when we designed the program for USVTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post

NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote