Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sonspit
i tried zero toe but the car wouldn't track straight.. with the 2 deg. it tracks better... u said toe out makes the car twitchy, others say it helps to track straight.. so toe in helps to track straight and toe out is twitchy on straights..ooh ok.

just trying to learn
Toe in increases straight away stability and helps on corner exit. toe out is less stable on straight but increases steering for turn in and apex. toe out is preferred for racing conditions. it sounds like you are doing more high speed runs so toe in would probably be best for you. Remember that increasing the toe in either direction will increase tire scrub and reduce speed. A zero setting will be the most efficient but may not be as stable. Toe also needs to be set up on a setup board. the steering rack needs to be centered and the toe links need to be as close to an equal length as possible. if not the car may favor pulling in one direction. the camber needs to be done the same way or you could experience pulling.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sonspit
are you using the 80t spur, and what pinion?
i wanna go up on the pinion.. i wanna hit 100mph since as of right now im just bashing..and i just found out where the track is.. going there soon
Yea still got the 80t spur and standard pinion i think they are 22t?
I got a 84t spur and 24t pinion somewhere will that make a difference u think?
If not u know what's a good combo?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sakuraszero
Yea still got the 80t spur and standard pinion i think they are 22t?
I got a 84t spur and 24t pinion somewhere will that make a difference u think?
If not u know what's a good combo?
84t spur and 24 pinion wont fit (not with the stock motor mount- im not sure about the vertical motor mount)..i think the 24t pinion will be fine with the stock spur, i think u can fit up to a 26t( if im not mistaking) and it depends what your after.. going up on the pinion increases acceleration/ decreases top speed. going up on pinion increases top speed/ decreases acceleration, and vice versa. right now im after top speed thats why i went down on the spur and up on the pinion... but im sure if you put the 24t on you can hit a higher top speed
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Normally you use a little toe out on the front of the car and a little toe in on the back of the car.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Just got a question a mate suggested to me to remove the front diff and replace it with something cant remember what he said but what ever it was if I do that it might help with me getting a higher top speed is this true?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Just got a question a mate suggested to me to remove the front diff and replace it with something cant remember what he said but what ever it was if I do that it might help with me getting a higher top speed is this true?
a spool? or one way? i heard that too.. but never tried it
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Probably a spool. Probably won't affect top speed but it is less weight. Usually they are installed for corner entry and exit.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ok cool thanks for that will give it a go
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Also looking at getting a new body probly something with good aerodynamics for top speed anyone know what type I should look into for the zeros?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Also looking at getting a new body probly something with good aerodynamics for top speed anyone know what type I should look into for the zeros?
Check out the protoform touring car bodies. They are designed with different aerodynamic properties. if you want a street car look the hpi c6 corvette and the ford gt both have decent aero. The rx7 does well too. I have used all three.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Check out the protoform touring car bodies. They are designed with different aerodynamic properties. if you want a street car look the hpi c6 corvette and the ford gt both have decent aero. The rx7 does well too. I have used all three.
Thanks mate I ended up getting LTCR (Rubber) Regular Weight Clear Body
heres the link

http://racepf.com/touring-car-190mm/...ht-clear-body/
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanks mate I ended up getting LTCR (Rubber) Regular Weight Clear Body
heres the link

http://racepf.com/touring-car-190mm/...ht-clear-body/
That's the one I'm running in 17.5 tc. Good down force front and rear. I think you will like the way it feels.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey fellas what front body mounts can I use I flipped my Sakura zero s on a high speed run
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

This is my first post. I fly RC planes, a bit of heli's, and run a Slash Ultimate. I am into building and driving 1:1 track cars, so I decided to build an RC Road Course vehicle. This is the thread that made me order the Zero S. I am not a racer but would like to run around a track for fun, and eventually get faster and faster. Lots of great info here. Thanks.

...waiting for all the pieces to arrive

Sakura Zero S kit
Tamiya Datsun 240Z body. Going with the Blue/White BRE theme.
Electronics (basic and slow stuff to get in the groove)

Hopefully I can get that Tamiya Rally Datsun shell to work on the Zero S. There is a 6mm difference in wheelbase but it might work.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cygnusx1
Hopefully I can get that Tamiya Rally Datsun shell to work on the Zero S. There is a 6mm difference in wheelbase but it might work.
Hey there,

The Sakura Zero S is a great kit, I hope you enjoy it! Invest in a high quality 2mm hex driver, and use oil or grease on the screws, or you'll be stripping the heads a lot.

6mm may be a lot of wheelbase to fudge. If you can't make the Tamiya body fit, ABC Hobby makes a 260mm wheelbase 240z Rally body. I can't post links to external sites yet, but you can google "abc hobby DATSUN 240Z (S30) Body Set" and click the first link on the ABC Hobby USA site.

I have a mini chassis Datsun 510 BRE #46 body from ABC Hobby, and except for the fact that it doesn't come with chrome bits, the quality of the body and decals is on par with Tamiya bodies. ABC Hobbies also sells light kits, so most of their bodies have the option of using transparent light cans instead of external decals.

I recently received my second Zero S kit, which I'll be building up for VTA.

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.