Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ben u have pm
Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default gear diffs

I just saw an ad for gear diffs 1 xray diff 35 bucks lol 2 of those almost price of a zero.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
thanks for info vette I do have a decent understanding of how suspension affects car handling . i also use the xxxmain set up book, the only thing in the setup book says front toe out increases intial turn in and decreases exit turn and other places i have read the opposite.i tend to believe front toe out decreases intial toe turn in and increases exit turn.I may buy the sway bars and put the softest ones on just to try and see what it does .Most guys at our track use no sway bars , they say vta needs to be loose suspension ,but i am open to new ideas . thanks again
We had a few vta guys that didn't run sway bars and swore they didn't help but then I looked at the two fastest cars at the track. One of which places extremely well at a national level an they both were using sway bars. I talked with them and got some information on how to use them. I started finishing top 3 almost every time I raced. That was enough to convince me. The sakura is very capable of running without them. They just give you that little extra ability to fine tune things for that extra tenth or two. They won't correct major tuning issues but they do improve the overall car. Give them a shot. Heck for the price you can't lose.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default sway bars

I will buy as soon as they are in stock.. may get them this sat at race track.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm having problems with the rear diff belt tensioners not staying locked down. I remove the bulkhead covers and adjust the bearing holders to the same position, check, double check and triple check they are all in the slot yet when I accelerate the car one of the bearing holders always rotates. I have upgraded to the alloy bulkheads but am yet to upgrade to the alloy bulkhead covers. To me though it seems that the bearing covers just aren't wide enough to properly press into the slot on the rear bulkheads.

Any help solving this problem appreciate because I cannot seem to be able to solve this.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by luda
I'm having problems with the rear diff belt tensioners not staying locked down. I remove the bulkhead covers and adjust the bearing holders to the same position, check, double check and triple check they are all in the slot yet when I accelerate the car one of the bearing holders always rotates. I have upgraded to the alloy bulkheads but am yet to upgrade to the alloy bulkhead covers. To me though it seems that the bearing covers just aren't wide enough to properly press into the slot on the rear bulkheads.

Any help solving this problem appreciate because I cannot seem to be able to solve this.

Thanks!
I was having the same problem. The "nub" that holds the cam had sheared off on one side. I had to replace that bulkhead.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10922692-post1693.html
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tip. I checked the nub and it is still there. There is some paint wear but no physical wear I can see. I am going to try more shims between the bearing and the holder. Would this be the solution or just a bandaid fix for the real problem? Any suggestions appreciated
Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by luda
Thanks for the tip. I checked the nub and it is still there. There is some paint wear but no physical wear I can see. I am going to try more shims between the bearing and the holder. Would this be the solution or just a bandaid fix for the real problem? Any suggestions appreciated
Swap the cams around and see if the problem stays with that bulkhead or that cam.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

It has happened both sides depending on which one you screw down first. I shimmed both sides a little more and that has stopped the rotating. I will keep watching it to see if I can see anything else.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Newly built zero s

Just finished the build with a few options.
Fitted the vertical motor mount, 19t pulleys, 5mm hexes and the X-ray bumper. The top brace needed some creative grinding to fit as did the battery holders to get the lipo in. I ended up using the old pulley mount with a screw to hold back the battery from the belts.
One thing though, there's quite a lot of slack in the long belt. Is that normal as it seems excessive.
If anyone can help with tyre choice and setup for serccc in dandy or boronia. I've got some muchmore 32's. I'm using standard shocks with spacers and 40wt and kit springs. Front diff 300k and rear 2k. Are they alright. I'm. It sure about height from the ground and droop. Camber and toe as per setup sheet.
Also what's the best way to upload pics from your iPhone onto this page. Ill try and put up some pics later of the car and the newly painted body.

Great forum guys.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

There's a fair bit of slack in my belts but I have not noticed any wear to be worried about.
With the cold weather I'll be looking to put 28's on the Sakura this weekend but wait and see what happens on the weekend.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davlind
Just finished the build with a few options.
Fitted the vertical motor mount, 19t pulleys, 5mm hexes and the X-ray bumper. The top brace needed some creative grinding to fit as did the battery holders to get the lipo in. I ended up using the old pulley mount with a screw to hold back the battery from the belts.
One thing though, there's quite a lot of slack in the long belt. Is that normal as it seems excessive.
If anyone can help with tyre choice and setup for serccc in dandy or boronia. I've got some muchmore 32's. I'm using standard shocks with spacers and 40wt and kit springs. Front diff 300k and rear 2k. Are they alright. I'm. It sure about height from the ground and droop. Camber and toe as per setup sheet.
Also what's the best way to upload pics from your iPhone onto this page. Ill try and put up some pics later of the car and the newly painted body.

Great forum guys.
19t pulleys will give you more slack. You can tighten it up some with the bearing cam adjusters, but more slack = smoother drivetrain. The only things to watch for is belt skip (with higher powered motors) and belt rub at the tail end of the front slot behind the front diff. A lose belt will sometimes rub on the chassis and cause excessive wear on the backside of the belt. 1/3"-1/2" belt deflection is just fine on the front belt though. If you are worried, you can always get the belt tensioner that mounts on the topdeck.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
My advice WRT the Sakura is based entirely on the 17.5 blinky class. I have not yet run my sedan in any other class. The sway bars might prove a useful tuning aid for the open mod class but for now I'm fine without them.
it's one of the most basic setup elements, very effective and functional.
It's a must for every racing car, 1:1 or RC.
The only reason a car is not equipped with one is to cut cost.

The stock S understeers nicely through the corners, but with anti-roll bar, it will get much sharper, because the front of the car doesn't rotate and delay the turning when you apply steering input. Then adjust the rear sway bar, you will feel significant understeer to oversteer change with sway bars going thicker.

You don't like them because you don't know how to use them, perhaps you are not racing in the fast enough pace that you need them.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
it's one of the most basic setup elements, very effective and functional.
It's a must for every racing car, 1:1 or RC.
The only reason a car is not equipped with one is to cut cost.

The stock S understeers nicely through the corners, but with anti-roll bar, it will get much sharper, because the front of the car doesn't rotate and delay the turning when you apply steering input. Then adjust the rear sway bar, you will feel significant understeer to oversteer change with sway bars going thicker.

You don't like them because you don't know how to use them, perhaps you are not racing in the fast enough pace that you need them.
Seriously, you're calling me a doofus and slow because I prefer not to run sway bars?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
Seriously, you're calling me a doofus and slow because I prefer not to run sway bars?
no, there are other possibilities. i.e. rally track, very bumpy parking lot track...
still I can't find a reason why no sway bar setup is faster on a nice smooth race track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.