Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
Add a 1mm spacer under the rear, inner camber links. That helped me a lot.

What do you mean by adding 1mm spacer under the rear inner camber links? You mean the ball where the camber adjustment link is attached? Ill put a spacer there?

Sorry for the question but i seem to not picture out what you mean.

Thank you for the suugestion sir PEJOTA and BCZero
Old 03-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Add a 1mm spacer under the rear, inner camber links. That helped me a lot.
If you put the spacer on the inner link that raises the roll center and will affect your camber gain possibly pushing the top of the tire out upon compression. You should add a spacer to the outside of the link at the rear hub. This will pull the top of the tire in upon compressing and maintain a good tire contact patch in a turn .Try setting your static camber to 2 degrees. The raised link should allow the tire to go up to about 4 degrees of camber at full compression.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Page 13 of your manual.

The rear upper linkage attaches to the car at two places, the rear upright (rear hub) and the rear bulkhead cover (page 8).

Under the ball mounted to the rear bulkhead cover i placed a 1mm spacer to raise the height of the ball. According to my information this lowers the roll center at the rear of the car and increases grip at that end of the car.

Originally Posted by kikoy
What do you mean by adding 1mm spacer under the rear inner camber links? You mean the ball where the camber adjustment link is attached? Ill put a spacer there?

Sorry for the question but i seem to not picture out what you mean.

Thank you for the suugestion sir PEJOTA and BCZero
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

I'll have to respectfully disagree with this piece of information.

According to the Xray T2 setup manual, pages 25 and 26, raising the height of the inner pivot on the rear camber link lowers the roll center and increases grip at that end of the car.

Anecodotal evidence, i've done this to both my Sakura S and TC4 and achieved the same result; increased rear grip. Granted, this was on medium grip asphalt.

I also measured the camber gain on my Sakura S at full compression and my wheel went from 1.5 to 2 degrees of camber, so i didn't lose any at all.

Originally Posted by 6376vette
If you put the spacer on the inner link that raises the roll center and will affect your camber gain possibly pushing the top of the tire out upon compression. You should add a spacer to the outside of the link at the rear hub. This will pull the top of the tire in upon compressing and maintain a good tire contact patch in a turn .Try setting your static camber to 2 degrees. The raised link should allow the tire to go up to about 4 degrees of camber at full compression.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Page 13 of your manual.

The rear upper linkage attaches to the car at two places, the rear upright (rear hub) and the rear bulkhead cover (page 8).

Under the ball mounted to the rear bulkhead cover i placed a 1mm spacer to raise the height of the ball. According to my information this lowers the roll center at the rear of the car and increases grip at that end of the car.
Your information is wrong. Shimming the ball stud on the bulkhead up will RAISE the roll center. It will also affect your camber gain in a bad way. Raise the ball stud on the hub to lower the roll center. Be careful. A roll center that is too low encourages traction roll.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Cite your source. Mine is the Xray T2 manual. You might have posted your response while i was typing up mine.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ec912f5a711420

Your information is wrong. Shimming the ball stud on the bulkhead up will RAISE the roll center. It will also affect your camber gain in a bad way. Raise the ball stud on the hub to lower the roll center. Be careful. A roll center that is too low encourages traction roll.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by 6376vette; 03-04-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Page 13 of your manual.

Thank you very much sir PEJOTA. Ill try to experiment with the 1mm spacer. Ill update you guys of improvements.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sir Vette, Thank you for the inputs. I have more tuning options on my saura zero s. I hope your inputs will improve my cars handling.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I drove my first race this weekend, at the Norwegian Championship.
I was the only one with a Sakura Zero S, but there was another who was driving the XI, he finished 4th place.
My car was so nice to drive, never driven a car with that much power (6,5T) with boost and timing. My first race ever, and reached the B final, where I reached technical problems and only finished 1 heat. My car was 0.8 behind the track record. So there is nothing wrong with the car at all! Just the driver
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thomaseh
I drove my first race this weekend, at the Norwegian Championship.
I was the only one with a Sakura Zero S, but there was another who was driving the XI, he finished 4th place.
My car was so nice to drive, never driven a car with that much power (6,5T) with boost and timing. My first race ever, and reached the B final, where I reached technical problems and only finished 1 heat. My car was 0.8 behind the track record. So there is nothing wrong with the car at all! Just the driver
Awesome to hear. It really is a great chassis and so much fun to upgrade. I run mine in a much slower class so its great to hear that it can battle with the best in the boosted classes as well. Keep us updated on your progress.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome to hear. It really is a great chassis and so much fun to upgrade. I run mine in a much slower class so its great to hear that it can battle with the best in the boosted classes as well. Keep us updated on your progress.
We are starting up a new class in Norway when the summer hits. 13.5T with blinky ESC, I will be driving in this class. I love the adrenaline rush when I was driving. And I must have hit something pretty bad in my last heat, when I sat my car on my setup station I had 4* toe in on left rear tire and 1* toe in on the right tire. My camber was off too.
Anyone noticed a big difference between the 2.25mm standard bottom plate and the plastic one that is in the kit?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thomaseh
We are starting up a new class in Norway when the summer hits. 13.5T with blinky ESC, I will be driving in this class. I love the adrenaline rush when I was driving. And I must have hit something pretty bad in my last heat, when I sat my car on my setup station I had 4* toe in on left rear tire and 1* toe in on the right tire. My camber was off too.
Anyone noticed a big difference between the 2.25mm standard bottom plate and the plastic one that is in the kit?
Sounds like your chassis got tweaked on the wreck. A simple twist should put everything Back where it was.

I'm running the 2.5 plate and love it. You have to be more precise on the setup with the stiff plate but it works really well. My son is running the narrow 2.25 and it does really well. No tweaking problems and very durable.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had bent the inner suspension pin. Strange thing was that the car was drivable and wasnt looking all that strange.
The thing I had most problems with was the damper coming loose from the suspension arm. I soaked it in locktite, and it hasnt come loose since
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I did some adjustments to my car, had a day off from work yesterday and went to my local indoor track. Drove 37 laps in 5.00.2 where the record is 38 in 5.04.5, and my best lap was at 7.350 and the lap record with the Sakura is 6.995. I am very pleased with my car, and it goes so smooth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.