Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sweet thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCZero
Hey all,

Sorry for bringing springs up again...

Has anyone actually checked the tamiya short springs to see if they fit direct onto the 3racing shocks? I'd rather not have to spend $50+ just so I can go to slighter softer rear springs...

Thanks in advance.

Oh and for the guys converting and having battery mount issues, I just got some double sided Velcro from my local hardware shop and used that in place of tape. To keep the battery from hitting the belts, I used the centre battery mount bracket from the original s kit screwed to the center of the upper deck with the T piece pointed back to the battery it holds it in really nicely.
Fit perfect, was using them on my XI... however. I feel that they could be too soft. On a bumpy, low grip track, I was using yellow all around. Wanted harder springs as an option for other tracks, so I got the 6.5 and 6.0, a full set of each, plus the car already comes with the 5.5s all around, I also got a pair of 5.0 with the car when I bought it.

Now I tried the yellow rear blue front combo and the car was terrible, it convinced me I was in the ballpark with the yellow all around. I only had one spare pair of blue (the others were on my mini), so out of curiosity when I got my 3Racing springs, I tried 6.5 all around to see how the car was.

It felt great, and it took me by surprise. I thought what the hell, I'll try the 6.0 on the front and see what happens. It was even better. Somehow a harder front produced more steering. I'm still wanting to try harder just to see what happens.

So unless you want to go ultra soft, I'd stick with the 3Racing springs.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

!@#€%^&*, customs picked my kit, now I have to pay some very expensive Euros, grmbl
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

And how much will it be?
Perhaps it was wise the buy it at the Border onlineshop?

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Rolf92
!@#€%^&*, customs picked my kit, now I have to pay some very expensive Euros, grmbl
Old 02-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
And how much will it be?
Perhaps it was wise the buy it at the Border onlineshop?

regards Roy
The Border only has the Zero, not the Zero S. But it will around the same price now as it would be when buying in The Netherlands.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bugger
Hopefully it will reach you in time so you can race it when the season starts.

regards Roy
Old 02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

so is this car discontinued or will it be discontinued this year?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by urban
so is this car discontinued
No!

or will it be discontinued this year?
Not that I know of.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

so is this car discontinued or will it be discontinued this year?
My understanding is that the Zero is discontinued, but the S is alive and strong. I see nothing that shows otherwise, and so many parts being backordered only shows the popularity of the car.

That being said, I have an S that is about to be for sale (never run, has the "necessary" upgrades, 19t pulleys, vert motor mount, alum hexes) and will be selling my full Zero with all upgrades (Xray bumper, TC6 balls and ends, ECS axles) in the next month or so.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey all you Sakura S racers, have you signed up to race your Sakura the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals coming on March 16? There are at least 5 racers who are racing a Sakura Zero S in the Vintage Trans Am class. Hurry up and register before time runs out! Click here to get signed up.

Click HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default !

Ok so I am going to bight the bullet and get a 3 racing sakura s

The descriptions are not clear does it come with a servo saver and does it come with a pinion and spur gear? If yes, what tooth count and pitch?

I will be using a 8.5t 4000kv motor with 2s and 3s, what parts should I keep as spares? I am thinking I would need a spare set of belts, center pulleys and diff pulleys. Anything else.

This looks like it will be a hell of a good basher and parts are cheap so I think this is the car for me
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09

The descriptions are not clear does it come with a servo saver yes and does it come with a pinion and spur gear? spur. If yes, what tooth count and pitch?98t 64p

I will be using a 8.5t 4000kv motor with 2s and 3s, what parts should I keep as spares? I am thinking I would need a spare set of belts, center pulleys and diff pulleys. Anything else. front arms, c hubs, steering blocks, also get vertical motor mount.

This looks like it will be a hell of a good basher and parts are cheap so I think this is the car for me I think so too
can only answer a few. in red, obviously
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just got a zero s and it had a 48p 80t spur and no pinion.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
My understanding is that the Zero is discontinued, but the S is alive and strong. I see nothing that shows otherwise, and so many parts being backordered only shows the popularity of the car.

That being said, I have an S that is about to be for sale (never run, has the "necessary" upgrades, 19t pulleys, vert motor mount, alum hexes) and will be selling my full Zero with all upgrades (Xray bumper, TC6 balls and ends, ECS axles) in the next month or so.
I cant see a reason they would discontinue the zero s, although I can see what someone might think that. A sakura XI s would be pretty much the same as the zero s because all the upgrades the XI has over the zero dont come on the zero s anyway.

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09

The descriptions are not clear does it come with a servo saver and does it come with a pinion and spur gear? If yes, what tooth count and pitch?

I will be using a 8.5t 4000kv motor with 2s and 3s, what parts should I keep as spares? I am thinking I would need a spare set of belts, center pulleys and diff pulleys. Anything else.

This looks like it will be a hell of a good basher and parts are cheap so I think this is the car for me
The car does come with an 80t 48p spur. I'd get some of the spare swing shaft protectors too if your putting that much power thru it. I've lost one with boosted 17.5. With the amount of power your putting in I'd say your fdr should be about 6.5-7 depending on the space your running in. So a 23-25 pinion, with the 19t pulleys installed.

Greg at feral batteries carries spares for the zero, most of those parts are a direct fit into the zero s. So spares wont be a problem, pretty good prices from him to. Because its Aus post tho postage is a rip. Will cost you $9 in shipping no matter how small your order is. But it is at my place in newcastle the next day. 3Racing can take a week or so but shipping is only about $5 for a small order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.