Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mandirigma
Hi All. Ive been lurking on this thread for a couple of weeks and will all the praise ive been reading on this site, ive gone ahead and taken the plunge and purchased a Sakura Zero S.

Thankfully there is a shop that carries it locally in my country and i got the item in two days. I am now three days into the build (I am taking my time doing two or three pages at a time every night) and am near completion. As everyone has already expressed I do agree that for the price that you pay for this kit, I am very impressed with the quality and fit of components. Granted its not as polished as the more expensive cars however you cant compare the two as they are more like apples and oranges. If someone wants an orange, you cant expect them to be satisfied if they get an apple.

I want to get back into RC racing after a 11 year hiatus so naturally im going to start in a novice class where 540motors are the control motors. Given the stock gearing what pinion should i be aiming for to get the perfect FDR? Also, what recommendations do people have for ESC's and batteries for the 540 motor?

Budget racing will be the course of the day for me so i will run the car as close to stock and really just start upgrading parts when i feel ive gotten the most i can out of the stock set up.
With the stock 80T spur I would try pinions from 27-32T-have a look on the 3 racing web site at the sakura zero page, they have a pdf gear ratio chart you can download.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jetski
With the stock 80T spur I would try pinions from 27-32T-have a look on the 3 racing web site at the sakura zero page, they have a pdf gear ratio chart you can download.
Thanks for that. I will check it out.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Madulla. Have ordered them.
also just recieved a fair few hop ups.
Front and rear aluminium bulk heads.
Vertical motor mount
Front and rear bulkhead covers
all front and rear suspension mounts
stiffer springs

Damn it....i got into this hobby so i would stop spending so much money on my 1:1 S14a........this is proving to be a fail!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Thats great...

I think the aluminum is just for the bling factor. I have thought of getting the bulkheads but put the money in the aluminum shock kit, narrow graphite lipo chassis, graphite upper deck and aluminum steering. Just wish there were more setups out there running 17.5 carpet so it wouldn't take me a whole season to set it up hehe.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Can someone give me the part# for the top deck you need that goes with the verticakl motor mount?
Bought the motor mount but didnt realise you needed a different top plate.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mandirigma
Check out a site called gigspeed. unfortunately i cant post urls yet because i havent has enough posts. (www gigspeed com au)

They are based out of Melbourne. :-)

Shame they dont stock the parts for it too.
www.feralbatteries.com.au also stock sakura stuff, certainly has parts on his site. He has a thread under Australian Racing if you want to ask questions. Nice guy !

Steve
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just if anyones interested, ive been playing around with my zero outdoors asphalt with foams(we race them down here) and its really goes well.
Heres my basic setup without getting to indepth..
35 shore front and rear. 30mm rears, 26mm fronts.
13.5 boosted btw.

Rear of car.
Hardest sway bar.(1.5mm I think)
0.5 degree camber
6mm hexes
14 pound spring.
40 weight 3 hole
6mm ride approx

front
1.3mm sway bar
1 degree camber
5mm hexes
17 pound spring
50 weight 3 hole
5.5 ride height
1 degree toe out

The key to foams on a electric tourer on the asphalt seems to be slightly harder springs and slightly lightly damped compared to a rubber setup.
And the hard rear sway bar helps to get the rear to rotate more freely as with 30mm tyres you have a big contact patch.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default sakura zero

Hello have bought the sakura zero s kit Its the cheaper set with the normal gear diffs.Apart from the installing the motor and pulling have the car apart to replace the pinion its sits on the road good and easy to drive.My question is i am looking for some spur gear 78 76 tooth gears.Does any one have a website i can go to thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by ian scott
Hello have bought the sakura zero s kit Its the cheaper set with the normal gear diffs.Apart from the installing the motor and pulling have the car apart to replace the pinion its sits on the road good and easy to drive.My question is i am looking for some spur gear 78 76 tooth gears.Does any one have a website i can go to thanks
We have Sakura parts online. Also has spur gears.

Plese visit www.tqrcracing.com for more information.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by greens14
Can someone give me the part# for the top deck you need that goes with the verticakl motor mount?
Bought the motor mount but didnt realise you needed a different top plate.
You want part SAK-S16WO-it is the carbon fibre upper deck
Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigtree
also stock sakura stuff, certainly has parts on his site. He has a thread under Australian Racing if you want to ask questions. Nice guy !

Steve
If you are down under and looking for sakura s parts i found another website that has a more comprehensive list. Search for top gun rc hobbies on google.

they are based in NSW and can do special orders as well from the 3racing from HK as i think they are the official distributor of 3racing stuff in oz.

Last edited by Mandirigma; 04-16-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How are these going so far?

Thinking about picking one up for something to thrash on the local track and drift a bit.

Is it possible to overdrive the rear in these?

Anything considered a must have out of the box (upgrades or whatever?)?

How much power can they handle?

Are the gear diffs any good?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the Sakura s gear diffs will fit in a T2 or T3 Xray? Or if not, could you measure the distance between the bulkheads or how wide the gear diffs are at the point where the bearings contact the outdrives on the inside? Thanks. I noticed they were 38 tooth and got hopeful...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Can anyone tell me if the Sakura s gear diffs will fit in a T2 or T3 Xray? Or if not, could you measure the distance between the bulkheads or how wide the gear diffs are at the point where the bearings contact the outdrives on the inside? Thanks. I noticed they were 38 tooth and got hopeful...
you should be fine. worst case, you can pull the gasket out, and use a 25x27mm o-ring in place, which will narrow the unit by almost 2mm. i'm getting right around 20mm between the inside bearing faces in stock form.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question though, I'm not totally sure, but how is the ball end of the XRay vs. 3Racing/Tamiya/Yokomo ball ends on their bones? I thought they might be bigger. Therefore the axles would not fit into the outdrives.? I'll have to search through my pics to see if I measured the bones...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.