Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trick25
will the Robinson 66t 48p work.it has 8 inner holes.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-66T

or is there a place in the united states to get the 66t 3 racing ones. I don't want to wait 3 weeks or pay 20+ bucks for a spur.
You need to make sure you get a flat spur. The 3racing ones have a ledge you'll need to file down.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

so if i use the Narrow Suspension Mount do i need the 44mm drive shafts?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

look at what the post man drop off

im still looking for info on drive shafts and what sway bars to start with
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
look at what the post man drop off

im still looking for info on drive shafts and what sway bars to start with
That will be the best upgrade for your Zero S. The car will be lighter, stronger, more responsive and will look so much better.
When I upgraded my Zero S to that chassis the difference was significant, the car gained so much more grip in the turns on all different surfaces and felt so much easier to drive.

You'll have to also mount your electrics more towards the center of the car with that chassis, which helps the car during direction changes.
Let us know how your car goes after you've fitted the new chassis on.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

I didn't change mine when I went to narrow rear arms if it helps
Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

is there a floating servo mount that works with the zero s? and what to do about stripping screws? just get a nice set of allen drivers?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

My understanding is that if you use the narrow suspension mount you need the shorter shafts. haven't personally done it though. this is only for the suspension mounts. no need to change if you're only using the narrow chassis.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sliding_on13
is there a floating servo mount that works with the zero s? and what to do about stripping screws? just get a nice set of allen drivers?
You would need to change the steering to use the xi ultimate floating servo mount, people have posted in this tread on how to do it. Then you would need to drill holes to get the mount to fit. By the time and effort and price it wouldn't be worth it over other mods.
I stopped stripping screw heads when I bought a quality hex driver set.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

since tqrcracing is out of stock of the gear adapter.

will this work

SAK-XS103

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6379
Old 09-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trick25
since tqrcracing is out of stock of the gear adapter.

will this work

SAK-XS103

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6379
The standard zero one doesnt fit the Xi sport but the alloy Zero one does, So id say with the couple of shims you need for the alloy spur adaptor or something similar it should work fine.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

so if i pick up every hop up for this car can i still call it a sakura zero s or do i call it a sakura zero ss?...lol?

does any one have a med. carpet stock 17.5 binky set up?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

so if i pick up every hop up for this car can i still call it a sakura zero s or do i call it a sakura zero ss?...lol?
Then it would be called a "Sakura Zero". The "S" designates the model as being a "sports" (budget) version

My Sakura Zero before I upgraded to a the narrow chassis.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

need a bit of set up advice on my zero s please running vta i have a ballistics 25.5 motor esc edge im getting lapped by the others on my track as im not the best driver getting better for the most part stay on track and all four wheels and a few spin outs as i am newbie racer and old yard basher i have some up grades factory shocks gear diffs belts fairly loose im running a 64 p 88spur and a 46-50 pinion i have pretty good traction but gets loose in rear on corners prob my fault and kinda twitchy to me but any advice on car set up and esc settings like drag brake start percent and so on would help greatly .... we have a good size track with 5 min heat 8 min mains high traction
Old 09-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doughboy-77
need a bit of set up advice on my zero s please running vta i have a ballistics 25.5 motor esc edge im getting lapped by the others on my track as im not the best driver getting better for the most part stay on track and all four wheels and a few spin outs as i am newbie racer and old yard basher i have some up grades factory shocks gear diffs belts fairly loose im running a 64 p 88spur and a 46-50 pinion i have pretty good traction but gets loose in rear on corners prob my fault and kinda twitchy to me but any advice on car set up and esc settings like drag brake start percent and so on would help greatly .... we have a good size track with 5 min heat 8 min mains high traction
For esc settings in vta no drag brake and an aggressive minimum drive on the edge esc. as far as the rear end when is it loose? Corner entry corner exit mid corner on power off power etc. What is the racing surface? Do you have sway bars?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

im shure that the looseness is me and it seems to happen on exit mostly my car gets loose over steering as i see the other racers make it all look easy nice tight turns straight on the straight aways im sliding on turns and all over the place on the straights im still learning but also think it helps to get a lil feed back on what i could be doing wrong or what i can do to get better we run on pretty fresh blk asphalt great traction and i have no sway bars .......thank you for any time anyone has offered im starting to think that maybe my hand eye skills are no good but im gonna keep at it even if i dont get to a pro level im just having fun with my son and new people but i still like to be competive w the class............. sorry about my spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.