Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team mopar
Not to beat a dead horse the zero is the better car over the S ? Would this car be a wise choice for vta class? thanks for your input
The Zero would be over kill for VTA. I have a S with upgrades that might be better.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
The Zero would be over kill for VTA. I have a S with upgrades that might be better.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
Lol. No such thing as overkill. my sakura s is a zero at this point and it did rather well in vta. I wouldn't say the zero is any better for vta but I wouldn't call it overkill. Either set up will do well in this class.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool just need a good base to work with that someone has been happy with thanks for your comments. and thank you! Oh, if i go with the S what upgrades should i do before even putting it on the track. sorry stevem i have no paypal account lol
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

cool just need a good base to work with that someone has been happy with thanks for your comments. and thank you! Oh, if i go with the S what upgrades should i do before even putting it on the track. sorry stevem i have no paypal account lol
Only things I have done to mine are the vertical motor mount, 19t pullies, aluminum spur mount and xray hard front pumper. Drives very well!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joelwhite
Only things I have done to mine are the vertical motor mount, 19t pullies, aluminum spur mount and xray hard front pumper. Drives very well!
+1 Those would be the key upgrades.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Lol. No such thing as overkill. my sakura s is a zero at this point and it did rather well in vta. I wouldn't say the zero is any better for vta but I wouldn't call it overkill. Either set up will do well in this class.
I actually have two, one 95% upgraded and the second only with those few mods I listed in my for sale post.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
I actually have two, one 95% upgraded and the second only with those few mods I listed in my for sale post.
I bet they both drive great too. I have been toying with the idea of getting the xi dh but I can't justify getting another chassis when the zero is so good.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also get titanium turnbuckles the stock ones bend easy and you cant get a wrench to turn them which makes setting camber/toe very frustrating, i also got extra springs one pair harder and one pair softer than standard
Old 05-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
I bet they both drive great too. I have been toying with the idea of getting the xi dh but I can't justify getting another chassis when the zero is so good.
Both are awesome and shame lots of fellow club racers with some very expensive rides. ;-)
Old 05-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are the center pulleys interchangeable with the Tamiya 416? I was looking at the 19t pulleys.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have some full size TRF shocks on the way, anyone who's running these what spring packs are you using? I was thinking HPI because I can get them locally, but I'm not sure if its the pairs of pro matched springs, or the pro 4 set that I should be getting?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

For a follow up on the XI chassis....

I'm in the process of building a hybrid XI/Zero (s), er, thing... and have found out a few things.

- The rear bulk heads, have a different configuration for the holes, on the XI chassis vs the Zero/s. This means that you cant use the 2 front screws to hold in the bulk head. But its still held in place by 1 pin and 2 screws, so should be fine.

- The XI deck doesnt fit using the Zero bulk heads. It's slightly to short.

- The Zero motor mount root arm, doesn't line up with the chassis screw. Misses by about 2mm. But the pin and rear screw do line up. The layshaft holder is fine.

Now I think the rear bulk head isn't going to be an issue. It will be secure enough with the 2 out of 3 screws. And I will just use the Zero CF deck with XI lower.

For the motor mount, I'm just going to drill a new hole and counter sink it.

The good news, is that the standard or alloy Zero (s) steering system mounts up fine. I'm yet to check it with knuckles on, but with a servo in it's fine. Just need to organise a kimbrough servo saver.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wollow86
I have some full size TRF shocks on the way, anyone who's running these what spring packs are you using? I was thinking HPI because I can get them locally, but I'm not sure if its the pairs of pro matched springs, or the pro 4 set that I should be getting?
I use them with regular tamiya touring springs. I mounted my shocks on 416 shock towers (direct fit)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Just finished the conversion to use an XI lower chassis on a Sakura Zero (S).

The car I used started life as a Zero S. When I got it, all that remained zero s was the layshaft holder, and lower chassis. The rest was basically Zero.

Here's the changes required for a zero to XI.

- Drill/counter sink a new hole for the motor mount root arm. 3mm forward.

- Dremel top deck around the front of the layshaft pulleys, aprox 2mm.

- Fit 517t front belt from Sakura XI.

I'll also be adding battery stoppers from the XI into the centre of the chassis to prevent the battery moving into the belts. And, because the car I picked up came with full size TRF shocks, I'll be moving those to my XI DH. So I plan to use the XI standard shock towers on the Hybrid, with either Zero front alloy bulk head covers on the rear, or XI rear bulk head covers. This will mean both my cars can run the exact same body mounts.

When I've done that I'll snap some pics of the finished product, but for now...

Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Quick question: If i change from 20T center pulleys to 19T center pulleys, would the car go faster? Aka. increase Internal drive ratio? Or slower? decrease Internal Drive Ratio?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.