Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3Racing Sakura Zero S >

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

All - Just bought the Sakura S Zero. Great Car. Silly question. I do not see where you can hook up the receiver antenna? Is there an antenna post?

Thanks -
Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
All - Just bought the Sakura S Zero. Great Car. Silly question. I do not see where you can hook up the receiver antenna? Is there an antenna post?

Thanks -
Check page 19 of the manual. Picture in the upper left corner shows the plastic antenna mount.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Got it. I see it now. Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aquito
Just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and it's been a pain in the ass to build it, I already stripped an allen screw and I'm waiting to get a new part that broke during built...this is my first and last build from now on only RTR lol
Hope your not too serious about being your last build. you will miss out on a lot. Having good tools, patience, and good forearm endurance is the key. Mine went together without a problem. Even built the fgx without a problem. A few people have complained about the screws in the kit. I didn't have a problem there either. Been racing this car for quite a few months and have done a few complete tear downs and still on the original screws.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Wink

Thanks -
Congrats on the zero s. You will have a ton of fun racing at hotshots in marietta. A lot of sakuras on the track and a lot of racer support. I'm running the yellow usgt corvette right now. soon to be a gold Ford gt. I'm also running the red ferrari f1 car. I usually run Saturdays but I won't be there this weekend. Trying to make it out this Wednesday. If you come out be sure to say hi.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea... a bit of oil on the screws, and tapping the holes first helps a bunch.

Oh and a good set of hex/allen is a must.. can't really cheap out there.

believe me, I learned that that hard way.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Hope your not too serious about being your last build. you will miss out on a lot. Having good tools, patience, and good forearm endurance is the key. Mine went together without a problem. Even built the fgx without a problem. A few people have complained about the screws in the kit. I didn't have a problem there either. Been racing this car for quite a few months and have done a few complete tear downs and still on the original screws.
Yea probably not my last build Jaja be used I'm enjoying building it..I think next time I will prepare myself with better tools..anyone have a suggestion on how to make the threads on the screws go easier? I heard u can put some grease on the tip of the screw helps?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aquito
Yea probably not my last build Jaja be used I'm enjoying building it..I think next time I will prepare myself with better tools..anyone have a suggestion on how to make the threads on the screws go easier? I heard u can put some grease on the tip of the screw helps?
judy power tool set saves you hands
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/SET-...%2C-3.0MM.html
+
7mm socket
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/POWE...0-x-90-MM.html
+
1.5 pinion
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/ALLE...-MM-%252d.html
Old 05-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought the screws went in easy compared to all the 1/8 scale cars i've built anyway
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Congrats on the zero s. You will have a ton of fun racing at hotshots in marietta. A lot of sakuras on the track and a lot of racer support. I'm running the yellow usgt corvette right now. soon to be a gold Ford gt. I'm also running the red ferrari f1 car. I usually run Saturdays but I won't be there this weekend. Trying to make it out this Wednesday. If you come out be sure to say hi.
Thank Cannot make it this week but I will be there soon. Saturday nights are better for me. I have been there several times on the off-road track. This is my first on-road car and I am excited. I plan to race the VTA class soon. I will stop and say hi. I just painted a blue BMW body last night and it looks great
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Thank Cannot make it this week but I will be there soon. Saturday nights are better for me. I have been there several times on the off-road track. This is my first on-road car and I am excited. I plan to race the VTA class soon. I will stop and say hi. I just painted a blue BMW body last night and it looks great
Welcome aboard. I think I met you a couple of weeks ago. Saturdays are normally less stressful as the series night is Wednesday (we're between series now anyway, but ...)

You do know that the BMW won't be VTA legal, right? If it's your first time on road and on the track it'll probably only last a few weeks anyway

VTA has an approved body list. See http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FauxMako
Welcome aboard. I think I met you a couple of weeks ago. Saturdays are normally less stressful as the series night is Wednesday (we're between series now anyway, but ...)

You do know that the BMW won't be VTA legal, right? If it's your first time on road and on the track it'll probably only last a few weeks anyway

VTA has an approved body list. See http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
Yes I know. I guess I bought the BMW body to practice with and it looked nice I do plan to get the VTA body soon along with the Novak setup. For now, I will use my spare esc/motor (17.5) that I have laying around.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

i know this has nothing to do with this car but ive always thought it would be cool if 3racing came out with a 1/12 pan car that's not expensive like they did with the sakura zeros s make it out of the non expensive parts and such like the zero s and not out of all graphite and aluminum
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
i know this has nothing to do with this car but ive always thought it would be cool if 3racing came out with a 1/12 pan car that's not expensive like they did with the sakura zeros s make it out of the non expensive parts and such like the zero s and not out of all graphite and aluminum
I'm a little surprised they haven't done that, too. I like my Zero S's a lot and an inexpensive 3Racing 1/12 pan would make a nice addition to my collection.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Maybe the 1/12 is next???? It really makes sense for them to do it the way they did. F1 is very popular in aisa and a 4wd tc chassis is popular everywhere. Around here 1/12 is a come and go class. I haven't run my serpent in months. it sure is fun to drive though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.