Search

Is this a good esc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Is this a good esc?

Look here.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?...
Old 07-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry wrong adress. Look below for correct one.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXU0&P=7
Old 07-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Duratrax makes good, durable cars and trucks, but I don't know about their electronics line. Very questionable indeed.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

for about the smae price itll be better to get one of the lower end esc from companies like LRP Novak.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh, at that price you can get a Explorer Sport new or get a used Cyclone TC2 for about that price.......go to the For Sale Forums.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

arent those duratrax esc's old novak designs? the streak and stuff?
Old 07-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Judging from the way it looks it looks like a Rooster....... Explorer Sports are different.....
Old 07-09-2004, 07:50 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default LOL

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Yeh, at that price you can get a Explorer Sport new or get a used Cyclone TC2 for about that price.......go to the For Sale Forums.
explorer sport, have you been drinking too much, explorer's are junk there motor limit is like a 17 turn,

for 75 bucks to handle an 8 turn, name 1 other speed control that offers that for that price.

my good bud has had one of these for over a year now and its bulletproof, does what he wants, if you not going into serioes competition go for it, if you are then buy the best high end shit out there
Old 07-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: LOL

Originally posted by TCR
explorer sport, have you been drinking too much, explorer's are junk there motor limit is like a 17 turn,

for 75 bucks to handle an 8 turn, name 1 other speed control that offers that for that price.

my good bud has had one of these for over a year now and its bulletproof, does what he wants, if you not going into serioes competition go for it, if you are then buy the best high end shit out there
Take three things into consideration, buddy......

one: I club race (i.e. no nats, sponsored events...etc) and when i do it's a Cyclone TC2

two: The Explorer Sport is designed for two things affordability and for those who are just starting out in R/C (my son drives an Explorer till he learns how to drive with a faster setup and this guy don't want to spend 150 for an ESC)

three: "High end shit", as you put it so well will get you in the pit lanes faster with a broken car if you can't handle a simple road course. I've won nitro races with an electric car and there are times when a snot nose newbie beats the pants off me with a less expensive setup, like a Paradox P2K and the 2400 Mah packs I gave him, and he had the Original Cyclone (that too I gave him).

I have been racing for 6 yrs, and been in the hobby for another 12, So I kinda know what some people look for when it comes to affordabilitty, and he is lookin for something inexpensive; besides the Explorer sport will break tha duratrax esc in 3 heats........

I think you need some of what I'm drinking.......
Old 07-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

The duratrax esc is not bad at all. I used mine for a year untill i started using brushless motors. And yes, i do race.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey that speedo at you said is this speedo any good
its not bad becouz i use to run that speedo in my barracuda and i blew it up with a 11 turn d5 trinity motor so i switched to the Mtroniks Digi Sprinit which has no motor limit and i have ran i 8 turn with no problems also i bonus is that it is about half that size of a Tc2 or cyclone speedy they sell for about 180AUD is pretty allright and its a one off thing so thats my 2 cents bye
Old 07-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

I'd hesitate to reccomend the explorer. I had a novak fusion, the explorer's big brother from a couple years ago that I used to run with a 17T, and I never had any problems. Well 6 months ago I bought a bk2 and a Orion Element 19T spec. After one track day the Fusion started shermaling everytime I slowed down on the track. This is with a 19T and the esc is rated to be able to handel a 12T. I figured something must be wrong with my ESC and I bought another fusion off my friend. I know for a fact that it wasnt abused it was run with a 16T motor for a very short time (he's the type of guy that buys stuff and then never uses it). I put this fusion in and to my suprise it has the exact same problem. I emailed novak about this and they told me I could send them in and pay $30 each to have them replaced with refurbished escs. I cant see why an esc rated to take a 12T can't handel a 19T. I know I'm never going to buy another novak esc.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:30 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: LOL

It's a much better value for a beginner to get the duratrax, better bang for the buck, I've been racing for 10 years and have worked in the industry, I deal with products all th time, I see it all, what comes back etc. novak exploder is over priced for what it does, duratrax also sells a 12 turn limit esc with reverse for about 50 to 60 bucks, , newbies like to have fun and put a faster motor in it for kicks, they will break,"there car I mean" it yes, if your in this hobby and have never broken anything, your not having fun, everyone breaks , we learn from our mistakes.

I have also seen a hell of a lot fo novaks blow up, mostly sport models, the high end stuff holds up better c2 gt7 etc.

I still run a Cyclone 1, if you think your serious about racing, you just need to try to fidn the best ecs you can find becasue you will buy a sport speedo and want the better one in a month or 2, and there no sense in spending the money twice.

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Take three things into consideration, buddy......

two: The Explorer Sport is designed for two things affordability and for those who are just starting out in R/C (my son drives an Explorer till he learns how to drive with a faster setup and this guy don't want to spend 150 for an ESC)

three: "High end shit", as you put it so well will get you in the pit lanes faster with a broken car if you can't handle a simple road course. I've won nitro races with an electric car and there are times when a snot nose newbie beats the pants off me with a less expensive setup, like a Paradox P2K and the 2400 Mah packs I gave him, and he had the Original Cyclone (that too I gave him).

I have been racing for 6 yrs, and been in the hobby for another 12, So I kinda know what some people look for when it comes to affordabilitty, and he is lookin for something inexpensive; besides the Explorer sport will break tha duratrax esc in 3 heats........

I think you need some of what I'm drinking.......
Old 07-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Buy something expensive once and you'll never have to buy something again.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Definitely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.