Wiki Posts
Search

Touring Car Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Touring Car Question

I am going to start up 1/10 electric 4wd this new season in March/April which runs till Dec 5th or so. The rest of the time will be indoor electric 1/10 touring cars. Since 4wd off road have all gone to saddle packs, does anyone make a saddle pack on road car that is competitive such as Kyosho, Xray, Schumacher,etc? My reasoning is since the season is so short for on road I would really like to use existing equipment then to have to buy special stick packs for what 3 months out of the year? Any and All help is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
I am going to start up 1/10 electric 4wd this new season in March/April which runs till Dec 5th or so. The rest of the time will be indoor electric 1/10 touring cars. Since 4wd off road have all gone to saddle packs, does anyone make a saddle pack on road car that is competitive such as Kyosho, Xray, Schumacher,etc? My reasoning is since the season is so short for on road I would really like to use existing equipment then to have to buy special stick packs for what 3 months out of the year? Any and All help is greatly appreciated!!!
i am afraid there are no current touring cars that use saddle packs, but i beleive it will make a comback, perhaps in 2 years time. if you want, you can go get a Xray T1 FK04, but getting parts is a pain. but installing a saddle pack in a current 415 type of car may be possible, you just have to place them together, and they should add up to a stick pack. find a friend with a current touring car and try to arrange your saddle pack as stick pack, before you buy any car.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Sorry but i dont think any competitive touring car out there today uses saddle packs. Somebody correct me if i am wrong. They all use stick packs.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you guys for your help!!! I wonder why 1/10 4wd off road are all switching to saddle packs? I have heard it is better balance etc; but if that was the case why wouldn't 1/10 on road do the same? The only difference would be the jumps... I would prefer sticks - more versatile.

Last edited by SNIPR; 10-25-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you guys for your help!!! I wonder why 1/10 4wd off road are all switching to saddle packs? I have heard it is better balance etc; but if that was the case why wouldn't 1/10 on road do the same? The only difference would be the jumps...
Because innovation died in RC at least 5 years ago... most of the manufacturers just copy the layout that is winning races, with their own small revisions... it's a shame.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you guys for your help!!! I wonder why 1/10 4wd off road are all switching to saddle packs? I have heard it is better balance etc; but if that was the case why wouldn't 1/10 on road do the same? The only difference would be the jumps... I would prefer sticks - more versatile.
TC used to be saddle packs 10 years ago. Not sure why they switched to inline stick packs. I'd dropped out of the sport for a while. The cars started as transverse sticks then when saddle then inline stick.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

That truly is a shame... The 4wd offroad guys say this is the innovation, since I am really not into onroad I am willing to bet the tc guys are saying the same about their stick pack design lol...

Originally Posted by sosidge
Because innovation died in RC at least 5 years ago... most of the manufacturers just copy the layout that is winning races, with their own small revisions... it's a shame.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

just put your saddle packs together with tape