R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Novak Slydr Drift Spec or Novak Havoc 3s system

Hai there,

Need some suggestion on my motor system. Now im looking to get new motor and esc system for my drift car. Currently my car on CS mod 1.5.

Kindly recommend which motor and esc that's good for drifter.
I found Novak Havoc 3s and also Novak Slydr drift spec both i think not bad.

If you guys have other suggestion let me know. Not so expensive where my budget below USD 170 for esc n motor
Old 10-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

We offer a lot of factory-remanufactured (with new factory warranty) electronics for budget conscious racers:

TeamNovak RMF ESCs
TeamNovak RMF BL Motors

Our SLYDR escs (low on-resistance = 0.00040ohms) are on the list and so are our Drift SS Pro motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueqma View Post
Hai there,

Need some suggestion on my motor system. Now im looking to get new motor and esc system for my drift car. Currently my car on CS mod 1.5.

Kindly recommend which motor and esc that's good for drifter.
I found Novak Havoc 3s and also Novak Slydr drift spec both i think not bad.

If you guys have other suggestion let me know. Not so expensive where my budget below USD 170 for esc n motor
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Default bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We offer a lot of factory-remanufactured (with new factory warranty) electronics for budget conscious racers:

TeamNovak RMF ESCs
TeamNovak RMF BL Motors

Our SLYDR escs (low on-resistance = 0.00040ohms) are on the list and so are our Drift SS Pro motors.
Whats the different between SS pro motor and Drift-Spec Brushless Motors? Which one better?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueqma View Post
Whats the different between SS pro motor and Drift-Spec Brushless Motors? Which one better?
The Drift motors have a 13mm rotor installed, instead of the standard 12.3mm:

Quote:
The 540-size sensored brushless motors include the Novak 13mm Neodymium sintered rotor for improved initial throttle response and natural drag brake.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the information
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Im running a 3300kv Dynamite Fuze brushless set up in my CS Hybrid Cyclone S..

Here is a Video! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AESr_YTYu0k
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Company Representative

We are working on a new Drifting System featuring our Ballistic 540 motor and a new (SLYDR 2) controller with all of the features of our earlier systems plus more programming options and other cool features (temperature indicator/hall sensor test, etc.). We develop these Drift Combos for our Asian markets, but will offer them here for US Drifting enthusiasts.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Used to do Drift with 8.5 Novak Ballistic.
Was trying to get Stators for it to get it to that 13.5 novak has, But they always out. I tried Remanufactured and NEW it was always OUT !!! For 3.5 weeks.

So i switched to a 13.5 LRP X13 which is also in the 3,050 KV.

If you want total control stay in the 3000-4000 Kv rating.
If you want some high speed drifts 5000-6000 kv Rating and gear down to get ur Torque back.

I personally have a Ballistic 8.5t for sale.
Also got a KO Propo BMC VFS-1 1.5v Race ESC (No reverse) for sale.

As for new, I liked the speed passions ESCs PRO GTs Great Awsome ESCs that does everything including Turbo and Boost for less money than the Tekins and Other high end ECS.

Mamba Max Pro is a good bang for the buck too.

Fuse is draw of luck most of them are good, but not so forgiving if you have it geared wrong. But also great bang for the buck desfinetly.

Personally run Tekin ESC now due to Size and Space limitation on my chassis, Else i would run Speed Passion
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
Used to do Drift with 8.5 Novak Ballistic.
Was trying to get Stators for it to get it to that 13.5 novak has, But they always out. I tried Remanufactured and NEW it was always OUT !!! For 3.5 weeks.

We do not offer RMF Ballistic Racing 540 8.5T complete motors in our RMF store (only Ballistic Spec 13.5 and 17.5 motors). But, our standard Ballistic 540 8.5T wound stator is available in our on-line store. I checked a few other retail sites and the 8.5T stator is not available. Anyone who requires assistance with store issues can always PM me.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Company Representative

Our new Drift combos will be available in 3-4 weeks.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

Noted and thanks for sharing the info.
Appreciate it,
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Novak two:
I have not heard of a slydr 2 of any kind. can you give us any info on any new drift spec novak systems?
Quick Questions as well. I had my yokomo car fall off a table. it's loaded with a novak slydr and drift spec 6.5 turn motor. the system has run flawlessly for 2 years now. when i went to race after the fall, the throttle was laggy and would not respond at low end. If i gunned it then it would go?? after examining and and looking closer the capacitor caught fire and started smoking bad... I removed battery immediately. would the capacitor being damaged from the fall make the esc respond this way and would replacing the capacitor fix this?
thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Company Representative

We just released information about our new Drift Combo last week; the product info page should be posted to our website in a few days.

Quote:
Irvine, CA – February 2, 2012– For years, drifting has been taking the world by storm. The Novak SLYDR Brushless System laid the ground-work for Novak’s drifting line, and we are pleased to bring the fans of the “slide” our newest offering for high-end drifters─the Novak Drift Spec Sensored Brushless System-13.5T (#3073). This affordable, ultra-small, sensor-based system is designed specifically for 1/10th scale drift vehicles, has a simple interface, and contains features found in higher-priced systems.

The Drift Spec System is also factory-wired with battery and motor plugs for easy, “Plug and Play” installations. Look no further, Novak’s Drift Spec System is what you need for your drifting applications!

A Controller Ready to Drift & More

Novak’s Drift Spec ESC is based on the proven Novak EDGE platform, and includes a new,
default profile specifically developed for drifting. As any master of the drift knows, drifting requires a unique driving style, and the Drift Spec ESC features on-board adjustability so drivers can customize the feel and response of the throttle and brake.

Our new Drift system will be much like our new Club System, but will include esc firmware specifically for drifting, similar to our SLYDR.

For assistance with your SLYDR questions, please contact [email protected].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemy350z View Post
Novak two:
I have not heard of a slydr 2 of any kind. can you give us any info on any new drift spec novak systems?
Quick Questions as well. I had my yokomo car fall off a table. it's loaded with a novak slydr and drift spec 6.5 turn motor. the system has run flawlessly for 2 years now. when i went to race after the fall, the throttle was laggy and would not respond at low end. If i gunned it then it would go?? after examining and and looking closer the capacitor caught fire and started smoking bad... I removed battery immediately. would the capacitor being damaged from the fall make the esc respond this way and would replacing the capacitor fix this?
thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

nice, can't wait. maybe I can do an exchange with this slydr for the new drift spec esc....
I have emailed novak and charlie can not help me. he does not know what is wrong.
thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemy350z View Post
nice, can't wait. maybe I can do an exchange with this slydr for the new drift spec esc....
I have emailed novak and charlie can not help me. he does not know what is wrong.
thanks
Generally, we add new items to our Trade-In/Exchange programs about 2 months after we start shipping them.

Tags
drift, esc, motor, novak