i dont see much of a difference with this and the gtb 2
Old 02-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemy350z View Post
when will it be available for sale?
i dont see much of a difference with this and the gtb 2
We should be shipping next month. There are significant differences between this Drift esc and our GTB2-X. The GTB2-X is a low-on resistance, racing controller and the case is larger than the tiny, lightweight Drift Spec esc. The GTB2-X has a motor limit of 3.5T, Drift--13.5T. A similar GTB2 combo cost $30.00 more. The Drift programming options have been customized for Drifting:

Quote:
A CONTROLLER READY TO DRIFT AND GO

Novakís Drift Spec ESC is based on the proven Novak EDGE platform, and includes a new, default profile specifically developed for drifting. This means customers donít have to worry or tune anything on the ESC!

However, as any master of the drift knows, drifting requires a unique driving style, and the Drift Spec ESC features additional on-board adjustability so drivers can customize the feel and response of the throttle and brake.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

What?!?!?!? a limit of 13.5 turn? wow that is no beuno. The slydr went down to 6.5 and it drives great. we fast drift at high speeds. 13.5 would not be enough for our drive style.
do you think that this would change in the future making the spec be able to handle a bigger motor?
so preorder would be april... I might just have to go with the gtb2 x.
thanks for all your reply's novak two........
Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
Company Representative

Our Asian distributors wanted an affordable system, because many of the vehicles used in their markets for drifting are very cheap; they cannot sell a GTB2-X based Drift system like our SLYDR combo. This new 13.5T system has a 'street price" of 129.99. A comparable GTB2-X, Drift combo would be @160.00, which is too expensive for these markets.

We can easily offer a more powerful, customized Drifting combo if there is any demand here in the US

Quote:
What?!?!?!? a limit of 13.5 turn? wow that is no beuno. The slydr went down to 6.5 and it drives great. we fast drift at high speeds. 13.5 would not be enough for our drive style.
do you think that this would change in the future making the spec be able to handle a bigger motor?
so preorder would be april... I might just have to go with the gtb2 x.
thanks for all your reply's novak two........
Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Im new to this forum and not sure how to start a tread, was hoping that im not intruding on this question as it is about the novak esc. I bought 2 gtb 2 esc with xdrive. just hooked them both up the same on 2 different vehicles. I believe one of them came to me defective??
one works great, but the other will not spin the motor and when it does it spins for a sec then nothing again. all led light up correctly as if the motor would be spinning and i used the motor hall sensor test and the motor sensors are working fine.
Im not new to the hobby and I do know what im doing regarding the connecting and programming. Hope its something dumb that I can fix and not have to send this back as I would hate the few weeks of downtime!!!
any help would be great.
thanks

OK correction of this.....
If i give the car a push while giving it throttle it will go and stay going until im about 25% or less then it will quit.
I have a 6.5turn drift spec brushless motor to it and the motor is brand new as well.!?!?!?!?
I'm getting frustrated. I have no solution. Will flop motor tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited by Ilovemy350z; 02-20-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Ilovemy350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Company Representative

If you have problems or questions about Novak products, immediately contact Charlie, [email protected] for assistance with trouble-shooting your set-up.

Quote:
Im new to this forum and not sure how to start a tread, was hoping that im not intruding on this question as it is about the novak esc. I bought 2 gtb 2 esc with xdrive. just hooked them both up the same on 2 different vehicles. I believe one of them came to me defective??
one works great, but the other will not spin the motor and when it does it spins for a sec then nothing again. all led light up correctly as if the motor would be spinning and i used the motor hall sensor test and the motor sensors are working fine.
Im not new to the hobby and I do know what im doing regarding the connecting and programming. Hope its something dumb that I can fix and not have to send this back as I would hate the few weeks of downtime!!!
any help would be great.
thanks

OK correction of this.....
If i give the car a push while giving it throttle it will go and stay going until im about 25% or less then it will quit.
I have a 6.5turn drift spec brushless motor to it and the motor is brand new as well.!?!?!?!?
I'm getting frustrated. I have no solution. Will flop motor tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

thanks, but this guy did not respond to any of my emails.....
I called and then sent it in for warrenty. It was a defective ESC.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #24
Company Representative

Quote:
thanks, but this guy did not respond to any of my emails.....
I called and then sent it in for warrenty. It was a defective ESC.
Charlie is very, very prompt in answering emails; if you need assistance, you could email again. However, it is almost impossible to diagnose esc problems without seeing the item.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi guys ......thought i would try the drifting side , bought 2 novac 3073 drift spec brushless systems....set both up in yokomo dibs , having trouble both esc will not forward or reverse ??? lights on esc doing what they should , bind is right , any help would be great....always used hobbywings with led cards, been easy ...... say something im doing wrong........
* K L Racing * ADELAIDE RC * PROLINE TYRES *
window mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

Default novak drift spec HELP!

Just bought a novak brushless drift spec motor with esc go everything mounted and orogrammed but when i steer left or right it seems like it glitches and then goes full throttle z its in a sprint 2 sport. With original fm transmitter and reciever
IRIEirieIRIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drift, esc, motor, novak