Orion PRO LCS

Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Orion PRO LCS

has anyone tried this unit out before? i'm thinking about ordering one for $150. is it worth the money? please advice.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Yeah i've got one. They are great at what they do. You have to be a little bit careflu though in comparing the times that it quotes and comparing wiht other timing systesm (even other LCS's). Due to tollerences, sometimes they count a little quicker, and sometimes a little slower than others. This can be sorted as there is a callibration figure that you can alter.

i.e i konw mine counts a little slow. Therefor the times that it gives me are a little slower than i have actually done.

Personally i haven't bothered with this, i just use it on it's own and don't compare. However it still shows if i have made an improvment.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have an LCS and I love mine. It works very good, and lets me know what lap times I am running so others cannot see them when the other scoring software is up.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the replies. i just ordered mine.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Good thing you order one.. I agree with them... Its really a damn good thing!!!..
Old 07-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd say it's one of the test tuning aides you can have. Better than a Motor Dyno...
Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone have the software that comes with the PC link? I bought a LCS second hand and the previous owner doesnt have the software CD. Can anyone help?? thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KilRuf
I'd say it's one of the test tuning aides you can have. Better than a Motor Dyno...

I've been saying the same thing for quite sometime now.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattW
Yeah i've got one. They are great at what they do. You have to be a little bit careflu though in comparing the times that it quotes and comparing wiht other timing systesm (even other LCS's). Due to tollerences, sometimes they count a little quicker, and sometimes a little slower than others. This can be sorted as there is a callibration figure that you can alter.

i.e i konw mine counts a little slow. Therefor the times that it gives me are a little slower than i have actually done.

Personally i haven't bothered with this, i just use it on it's own and don't compare. However it still shows if i have made an improvment.

I've compared mine with the lap times of our lap counter at the track and it matches almost perfectly,way too close to tell a difference for sure.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They are great to have, especially if you are at the track practicing and the computer isn't set up or if you don't want anyone else to see your laptimes. On top of that, they are really simple to use.