R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
What characteristics does the the p37 body have?
Bradd,

I have one sitting at the post office waiting for my pickup. I will bring it out to Windsor on Friday so you can have a look if you want?

Jase
Old 10-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
Tech Addict

+1
If there was no difference in body design and the way they direct airflow, 1/10 GP TC would allow Lola/Wedge bodies instead of TC bodies, and there wouldnt be a governing body saying which car bodies are allowed at sanctioned races, otherwise everyone would run a Lola body as it's like a MASSIVE wing over the car. Makes a BIG difference, no matter how small the track is.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie27 View Post
Bradd,

I have one sitting at the post office waiting for my pickup. I will bring it out to Windsor on Friday so you can have a look if you want?

Jase
he's got one for over a week now so do i, I just did not have time to paint and test...i would say the p37 would be more on technical track....
TRF4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie27 View Post
Bradd,

Jase
Thanks, but there is already one mounted ready to go. I was more interested in what the expected handling traits are.
Looking it it, it looks like a modern day Dodge Stratus 3, hopefully this eliminates the SP6 as the stable body of choice. They just dont feel good for me.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF4evr View Post
he's got one for over a week now so do i, I just did not have time to paint and test...i would say the p37 would be more on technical track....
Fair enough then
Old 10-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ran a nastruck body on my 12th scale once and I noticed a huge difference in comparison to the standard 12th body.
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run Tamiya M05Pro M-Chassi and normally i run Colt's Beetle body, tested my car with a Tamiya Rover Mini and the car was unstable and hard to drive. Put back the Colt Beetle and it was fine again. So even in those classes the bodies do play a part.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

bodies and wings make a huge difference, i am running a 10 year old touring car, with mazda speed 6 body. at first i didnt trim the wing, even with a double 1 way, the car was extremely stable and i could carry a lot of speed into the corners without the rear end losing grip, i gave the spool guys a good run for their money. then the local track wants to follow ifmar rules, so i had to put my car in a measurement box, seems my wing is too high, had to cut and cut and cut, lost 5mm of the wing, in the race, my car handled terribly, i couldnt carry a lot of speed in the corners anymore, and with the double 1 ways, the reare end kept sliding, so i had to compensate by driving slower in the corners, and i ended up in the C main...
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #24
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

You would certainly experience the aerodynamic advantage of a body if you ran your car without one.
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote