R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-18-2004, 11:43 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My quantum's case came apart in a crash, the bottom half stayed stuck with servo tape and the top flew off and shorted out.

I sent it back and talked abit about it at my local track, and found out it was pretty common problem, and then noticed even more people taping the top and bottom together.

The good news is after sending it back to Associated, I just received a phone call that they will replace the whole control for 30$..... I had since bought anouther LRP, the IPC 7.1 on the advice from some local racers and, am much more pleased with it then the Quantum, of course Ive taped the case together.....
I think the IPC is much more reliable and easier to setup, no more damn beeps to count, and multiple buttons to press, just plug in the limiter and run

After I get the Q back I think it will find a home in my toolbox as a back up to my IPC.....

.Ive also heard through the grapevine that a lot of associated drivers dont use the Q, but use the IPC instead and pull it out when pictures are taken.
Speedyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:05 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default QUantum

I have a Quantum Competition, Just waiting for it to go ...pfffft.... before I get a new QC2, but since the GTX came out-- will get it instead!!!

But I've been using and abusing it and still performing very well!!

I have 2 other Quantum Pro Sport which IMHO, is more robust than the QC, Ive seen QC and QC2 go out in smoke but I haven't had any problems with my Q Pro Sport and they are more than 2 years old!!!

LRP has great products, just sad to hear these kind of things happening!!! And IMO the V7.1 and the SR are the best by far!!!

Hope my ESC's will outlast the car! If not GTX here we come!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #18
Tech Legend

I just got to run a the new Lrp Quantum 2 for the first time last night....

I been running the V-7 for years...

Get the Quantum 2 !

It the best speedo I have ever ran , it feels so much better, even compared to the V-7 !

Love the thing( Quantum 2)
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:06 PM   #19
Tech Regular

For all these guys saying it is no good there are guys like me who have used them for years with not one single problem. I think they are great and recommend them to anyone who asks.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #20
X2
Tech Regular

well, racing tonite and yet ANOTHER Quantum 2 blew up for no reason at all. This one was a real smoker tho, it literally blew up! the motor was screwed too from the heat, the Arm was black !
Needles to say another very very unhappy LRP customer (this person also had his sons blow up twice! the second time was a replacement the distributer sent him, it was wired up, as soon as it was plugged in poof! it blew!)
Tonight was dry also, the speedo just decided to go. It was even a cold day and he was running 27t stock, so no chance of over loading or overheating.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:53 PM   #21
MSB
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to MSB

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwiglee
For all these guys saying it is no good there are guys like me who have used them for years with not one single problem. I think they are great and recommend them to anyone who asks.
Qwiglee,
Do you use QC2 for years?? How Many??
Itīs strange after all those years with the QC and QC2 are people buying the V7.1. Itīs like after the release of GTX, people looking for the Atom
Old 08-18-2004, 04:56 PM   #22
MSB
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Cherry
I just got to run a the new Lrp Quantum 2 for the first time last night....

I been running the V-7 for years...

Get the Quantum 2 !

It the best speedo I have ever ran , it feels so much better, even compared to the V-7 !

Love the thing( Quantum 2)
Good luck Wild Cherry
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by MSB
Qwiglee,
Itīs strange after all those years with the QC and QC2 are people buying the V7.1. Itīs like after the release of GTX, people looking for the Atom
Im one of them, I love my V7.1 way more then my QC....and if you peak around a bit at the races you notice a lot more then you would think...

The same goes for the GT7 Vs. the older cyclone.... A lot of guys and gals at our local track are still running the cyclones and selling off their GT7's as the cyclone is proving itself to be way more reliable.

I dont mean to knock LRP products, I actually like them, I just dont much apreciate the latest batch of "Micro" sized, multi-profile wonder ESC's, I think they still have a lot of bugs to work out... as new tech always does (see windows XP). And I think that the user interfaces leave A LOT to be desired.

If you do get an LRP make sure to tape or glue the case around the seams to hold it together
Speedyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:44 AM   #24
Tech Legend

MSB , Thanks but I now no longer need luck cause I`m going faster with the Q2......

In all respect, if I have any problems I will post here .

I choose the Q2 because I see almost all the fastest driver`s I know running it....And , after running it for the first time last night I now know why they are using the thing..

Old 08-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Default ipc v6

i am still running my ipc v6!!!!! its much smoother and more run time. i have had it since it first came out in 97 maybe. the qc2 runs a little hot. even though my v6's blue coating is flaking off i just put a dab of superglue on the casing so it wont fall apart.
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #26
MSB
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedyjay
...If you do get an LRP make sure to tape or glue the case around the seams to hold it together
Yeap Speedyjay,

Iīve already done... with a black tape. Only the set buttons and leds are visible.

If it will blow again at least it wonīt change color !!

Old 08-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Default 540 class

I currently run in a 540 class and use a Nosram International ESC. Will use a QC2 or Nosram Dominator Evolution give me any more grunt from the 540 ??
Scottymi2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #28
Tech Regular

YOU GUYS EVER HAVE YOUR PERSONAL TRANPONDER NOT COUNTED WHEN RUNNING A LRP COMP 2. MY FRIEND HAD TWO OF THEM AND HIS TRANSPONDER WOULD FLASH WHEN HE STEERS THE CAR. I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY IT WOULD BE DOING THAT.
Vue Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:15 AM   #29
Tech Legend

Scotty, the Q2 has more mid range punch.....

Volo , no one at my track has experience any AmB problems...
Old 08-26-2004, 10:52 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

You guys are gonna hate me for this one, but....

I've been in the R/C car hobby for almost 14 years now...and I've NEVER had a speedo go toasty on me. I guess I'm just lucky. I've owned almost all flavors of Novak controllers through the years, but also own (or have owned) LRP Q1 and Q2, and a few Tekins. With the exception of my first few years, all of them have been high end, racing controllers.

Although I've never had problems, I know MANY fellow racers have had trouble with both GT7's and Q1/Q2's. If I were to buy a new ESC today, it'd probably be a new G-10. I'm glad Tekin is back. I hope they stick it to Novak AND LRP for their sub par offerings as of late.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote