Electric Rally Kits...what are my options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Rally Kits...what are my options

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

It appears stormer still has the HPI Rally in stock. Nice car with a great inner body.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=HPI0278

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

Last edited by lastplace; 07-15-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Geez people...the HPI rally is on the shelf at Hobby People. It's still current on the HPI website, it uses 99% of the same parts from every other RS4 car (200mm nitro arms, axles, uprights, shock towers, pins, bulkheads, diffs, etc, etc...).

I bet you'll find more parts for it on a hook at your LHS than you will parts for the Pro 4.

I just got one that had beeen sitting on the shelf at another store for a couple years...$100 brand new. It kicks arse.

I tore down my old Sport/Pro 2 and used all the good stuff to trick out the Rally. I got some shiny CVD bones, some purple stuff and rubber-sealed bearings...
Old 07-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

domo...lookin good. What body is that? hpi? Im going to look at a second-hand tc3 today at my lhs. I might pick it up if its the right price. Tower has the rally conversion kit for like 64.99...i remember seeing it somewhere for like 45 bucks...maybe i was mistaken.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

It's the Subaru WRX WRC2001 Body. It's 200mm so it fits the Rally Conversion perfectly. If you do get the TC3, I recommend you make a Steering Rack Cover (easy to make out of ordinary lexan). That's the drawback of the TC3. But the good thing is that it's shaft drive and if you ever decide to turn it into an on-road racer, you can do so.

Here's the link for the cover:

http://download.teamassociated.com/p...rack_cover.PDF
Old 07-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

haha..thanks again domo. I did in fact pick up the tc3 as it was a killer deal...100 bucks for the roller (looks like the racer kit) also including a novak cyclone tc esc and stock motor...extra set of wheels/tires and bodies. I took it for a spin after i put the rest of the electonics on and its a pretty sweet little car. I plan to buy the ae rally kit and an hpi subaru wrc02 body sometime next week...ill paint it silver just like my real wrx..hahah. I think my lhs has the 200mm hpi version... it looks alright. maybe ill throw on some gold bbs wheels and the hpi pirelli tyres.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

.. im not sure if the rally kit is really needed...this thing hauls through the dirt and gravel stages without it so well... I may just upgrade to the hpi pirellis and buy a new 190mm body. Do you guys know where I can find a rally-based setup for the standard tc3? I noticed IMPACTPLAYR mentioned the team originally rallied the car without the conversion.
thanks in adv!!