R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #211
Tech Addict

Just ordered an Evo II, can't wait! Can anyone tell me if the arms, or any other parts for that matter are shared with the TA04?
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:20 PM   #212
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to shockwave

I was abou tto get a TB Evo from a member on the forum...but I have been reading and I hear ppl sayign the TB Evo1 was heavy, didnt; handkle well, and has lots of slop after just a few runs...is this true?? I'm driving my Pro2 to the limits of its capabilties...I want a car thast will allow me to go faster..if the Evo isnt; gonna do that please tell me! I'm VERY VERY tight on $$ and have just enough for the this evo. (actualy I'm still a lil short cuz of the damn shipping!!)
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:20 AM   #213
Tech Master

Default Roll Centre/Camber Link Location

Greetings,
My friend recently acquired a TB-EVO, and wondering if it was possible to change the camber link locations of the front and rear bulk heads? Thanks for any hints.

Regards,
Alvin
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 09:32 PM   #214
Tech Regular

has anyone had trouble with the rear diff loosening up I,ve rebuilt the thing twice and can't get it to stay tight ,never had thet prob with my tc3 or xxx-s am i doing some thing wrong.
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 12:55 AM   #215
Tech Master

sportracer,

Try to tighten the diff all the way then loosen it about 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn. It gives just about the right feeling when you do that.

However, it might feel that it's locking the rear wheel at first when you let go the throttle, allow it to break in for a little. However if it doesn't feel right, and the wheel is still locking up... that means it's too tight.

It takes a while to get it right, however, when it's right, you don't even need to rebuilt the diff for a long while...
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 05:54 AM   #216
Tech Regular

thank trf I'll give it a try ,this car is a lot heavier than any car I have but boy I like the feel of it and hoe it handles.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:57 PM   #217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sportracer, Also its very, very important to read the manual concearning the diff assembly! There is a little black screw that goes in THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the diff adjusting screw. The little screw actually locks the diff screw in place after its been set 1/2-1/4 turns out. I actually skiped that step as well, until I noticed the screw left over after the car was assembled. This very well might be why your diff is getting loose.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #218
Tech Regular

hobbipro i didn't know that was a locking screw i put that in before the main guess i'll readjust it and then tighten that screw thanks.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:39 AM   #219
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

haha this ball diff thinggy....i remembered i had the same problem with building it a long time ago, and when i asked for advice....nobody understood what was wrong......all didnt know what i was talking about.....haha
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 09:57 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Shock Towers, QUESTION????

Hello!!!! TBevo lovers!!

I have a question???

Has anyone tried drilling another hole in the shock towers to make the angle of the dampers more inclined????

I think this will help the TBevo corner better???

Thanks!!!!

Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:50 AM   #221
Tech Regular

aaaaa About the torque thing, I think it is the motor that is causing the veering to the right when you accelarate hard. You see, the motor is rotating about 3 time more that the aluminu shaft and if you mulitple the inertial of the armature , it comes up to a BIG number, comparing it to the main Alu shaft.

Imagine holding the motor with that pinion facing you on you palm. If you gun down the throttle, the pinion rotates CCW. But the counter force is forcing your hand to torque to the CW direction !!! Does that explain the weering to the right symptom??

Actually the main center shaft is a counter shaft, more like a balancer to the motor rotor - one rotates CCW , the other CW, thus cancelling torque effect. If you make the main shaft too light, like using carbon fiber, then .... problems ....... get the picture? Am I wrong ??
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 09:00 AM   #222
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

hmm...i understand your logic....

looks like we were wrong in thinking that its the shaft is the one causing this roll....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:58 AM   #223
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Lem...I have no problems with the evo's steering, actually, the car has Tons of it! It isn't always set up for i found approaching a turn differently also affects the handling of the car....try different angles..coming in a turn wide then come in tight....slow down a lot before a turn....or even turn about a meter before a turn and see how the car reacts. I have found changing the driver's bad habits(meaning mine) actually saved me time and stress from trying to figure out why the car does what it does. The Evo is a great car..wish more people had it here in Cali.
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:09 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Default Charlie_b

Thanks!!! Actually i did not pursue the idea anymore, I saw a site "explosion Racing" in Japanand just copied their set-up!

That idea entered my mind when I saw the website of Kai Racing!!! THe TBevo is awesome!!! with the shock angle almost at 40degrees!!!

Thanks Again

Lem
Old 03-13-2002, 11:22 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Default TBevo Set up Sheet!!!!

http://suzuka.cool.ne.jp/tmirccp/tmks/

I do not know how to post it here,

its in Japanese but the set up sheet is in English!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Maybe we can make it as a standard so we could compare set ups easier!!!!

Lem