R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
ajg

GM V12 esc

Can I program my GM V12 esc to not give full throttle at the slightest touch of the trigger? Also, there is a round thing in the middle of the esc (Ithink it's a heat sink) that gets really hot, even after less than a minute of running, is that ok?

Thanks Alot.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:29 PM   #2
Suspended

Default GMV12 Info

The round thing that you're talking about is probably the power capacitor. It is there to filter out voltage ripples that can damage the ESC and as a result it can become quite warm. I'm not familiar with that particular ESC's features, but I would try resetting the throttle and brake on the ESC and if your transmitter has adjustable endpoints or exponential I'd take a look at those settings as well. I think (not 100% sure) that ESC has a turbo function (like alot of other top end ESCs) that, if activated, will give you full power at the first hit of the throttle. Hope this helps!
tmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
ajg

I have turbo mode off because I have full power on from start off. I'm going to reset everything on it, and use turbo mode. The turbo mode isn't the best for my car, when it activates it just spins the tires, some times putting off a little smoke. The turbo mode gives it 110a of power, so it can reach a much higher top speed. I have it set at 110a already, but for some reason it's not controlable starting off any more.

I might try the torque control at 70a, and have the turbo mode kick in after 1.1 seconds. Hope it works.

Thanks
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote