R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
people gear their 12 turns at 4.75 at Lostallo (italian-speaking part of switzerland) during official races... the track where the 2002 euros were help. The cars reach 82kph at the end of the straight... One run, the can is toast and the endbell is melted.

Doesn't that sound like overgearing?
It sure does.
At the recent Euros the lowest gearings I heard about were ~5.6. Someone said speeds >85 km/h were seen on the straight... I didn't see the radar with my own eyes, so I can't confirm that, but they were _very_ fast.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #47
tornado

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
people gear their 12 turns at 4.75 at Lostallo (italian-speaking part of switzerland) during official races... the track where the 2002 euros were help. The cars reach 82kph at the end of the straight... One run, the can is toast and the endbell is melted.

Doesn't that sound like overgearing?

Paul
Holy cow! 4.75 on a 12T geeeez......we in asia running the 23T super stock don't gear that low on a large track . 5.2 is just 'bout the lowest we'll go. Well......if this guy has extra bucks to spend......he could gear it to 2.0 nobody cares .

It nice to be able to share experience and opinions among RC enthusiasts around the world in a peaceful way John.

Bryan
Sunny Malaysia
Old 07-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by olev
It sure does.
At the recent Euros the lowest gearings I heard about were ~5.6. Someone said speeds >85 km/h were seen on the straight... I didn't see the radar with my own eyes, so I can't confirm that, but they were _very_ fast.
I was gearing around 5,8 on my Orion Core motor, but one of the other guys in the Norwegian team geared around 5,2 with a new Team Advanced motor.
(Reedy based, looked like some hybrid with a Ti can, torque armature).

This ratio was recommended to him by the manufacturer.
Jonas Anderson used the same motor in this race (finished 10th) and also in the Scandinavian Championship, which he won.

Oh yes, I saw the radar gun. Not on the long straight, but the short one on the infield, people were doing a little bit over 70 kph there.

Edit:
It’s too bad I didn’t walk around and talked to other racers more than I did. I was just so tired from the long days and the weather...

It was cool to see Bary Baker walk around in the pits though!
(And I think I can say that I was not the only one who was tired....) I hope someone took pictures

Last edited by OleC; 07-09-2004 at 06:09 AM.
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #49
Tech Regular

You will always have batterywar. Period.
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #50
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I agree with what tornado and OleC stated previously.. What matters most is what Martin Sorlie stated..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #51
tornado

In Japan ....JMRCA has extended their race from 5min sprint to 8mins. .... I like that...'cos more racing action time. We in sunny Malaysia will be doing that in the upcoming year too.

Bryan