R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2004, 09:32 AM   #91
Tech Elite

This is the biggest problem with threads like this. There are so many opinions why their car is superior to others. However, the input is needed for a person shopping around for answers. But there is no substitute for driving the car rather than talking about it.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:31 AM   #92
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So very true Neil,Just because a car works for me does not mean it will work for you,Alot of racers like the Xray,I tried one and for me it did not really work,I like a Pro4 more than any other TC out their,Is it a better TC than an Xray or TC-3..No,I dont think it's better,It's just as good,No more no less.Here's what you do..Take small photos of all the cars that your interested in and put them on a dart board..now put a blindfold on and throw one dart..whatever "that" dart hits IS your new touring car.. Enjoy
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #93
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

two words for ya...

PARTS SUPPORT
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:05 AM   #94
Tech Adept

Get whatever you like, but get 2 of them! because you will need parts!
X-Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #95
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Garage
Get whatever you like, but get 2 of them! because you will need parts!
i guess we socal guys are really spoiled because no matter what car we purchase.. we can just go to speedtechrc and get any parts we need. plus all the hobby shops we have
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #96
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
This is the biggest problem with threads like this. There are so many opinions why their car is superior to others. However, the input is needed for a person shopping around for answers. But there is no substitute for driving the car rather than talking about it.
Neil hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!! One thing is for sure is that they're many capable touring cars out on the market unlike other forms or racing where one or two companies dominate.

In touring cars you have alot more choices for cars that are top notch. No one car is the best for everything but good setups and driving can make any brand win at anytime.

Tamiya, Alex Racing, Associated, Losi HPI, Schumacher, and a few others make cars that can win at anytime.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:39 AM   #97
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill

If I was just getting into 1/10 sedan racing the first thing I would do is stop by the track and see what the fastest guys/gals are running. That doesn't mean it's the best car but it does tell you that you can get advice on these cars from some fast drivers.

The second thing I would do is see what parts support your local hobby shop and/or track has. Sometimes the fast guys are sponsored and drive cars that are not supported by your local hobby shop. They probably have a big stash of spare parts direct from their sponsor. Even the best kits don't do well if they are sitting on the bench because you broke a part the hobby shop doesn't have in stock.

The third thing I would do is walk around the pits to see what kits are most popular. That tells you how much of a knowledge base you will have available when your trying to find the fast setup for your car.

So... the smart question isn't "What is the BEST touring car?" but instead you should ask "Which touring car will I be able to do the best with at MY local track?". Unfortunately, as forum dwellers, we can't answer that question for you.

I run a TC3 and so do 4 of the top 5 at our club. So I always have people around that I can talk to and ask questions about setup tips for the tc3. However, one of the top 5 runs Losi and several other people at our track run Losi so that would have also be a safe option for me. Two people at our track run HPI but they don't race from time to time because they have to wait for parts to come in that they have to special order. Nobody runs xray because the hobby shop does not stock xray parts.

Best of luck,
Oh... and BMI TC3 is the way to go
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:32 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to losixxx

tc3
losixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #99
Tech Adept

Get PRO3 and beat those TC3, Xray, Losi, 415....make them embarressed!
X-Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
two words for ya...

PARTS SUPPORT

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
i guess we socal guys are really spoiled because no matter what car we purchase.. we can just go to speedtechrc and get any parts we need. plus all the hobby shops we have
Speedtech kicks ass

I'd order from them more if I didn't live in CA though.

Whenever I get a new car. I alway check to see in my LHS has the parts. If (probably) not I check Speedtech
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #103
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

HPI but they don't race from time to time because they have to wait for parts to come in that they have to special order. Nobody runs xray because the hobby shop does not stock xray parts.

I'm sorry but if you are not prepared with the spare parts you need, you should stick with a car that your hobby shop does carry parts for.It's not the cars fault that you crashed it into something.It's not Xray's or HPI's fault that you dont have a clue on the weak spots on your car.. I mean if you break A arms often..your an Idiot if you only order 1 set.. same goes for the ring and pinion on an HPI Pro4,But I do come to the races ready to race,I do have a back up car thats just like my "main" car,with everything..radio gear,tires,motor..and I also bring enough parts to build another car.. and at least 2 "other" TC's.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote