R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #46
Tech Adept
 
12cellnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro
Default

well what if you never win?
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:13 PM   #47
Tech Adept
 
12cellnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
1. Don't use stick packs with it
2. Buy alluminum rear uprights

Otherwise its a tank
Why no stick packs??
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:18 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose California
Posts: 1,251
Default

They'll fly out because Losi added a little "battery launch ramp" to their car

I knew Trinity and Losi were in cahoots
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #49
Tech Adept
 
12cellnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro
Default

That sucks...... it doesnt have a brace like on the tc3 were you can tighten it down?
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:33 PM   #50
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,335
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Yes and no.. It's strong to a point but if you hit right it will break,but so will other TC's,Touring cars are strong but if you look at most on road tracks they dont use "soft" walls and most of the time when you do hit something it seems like it's at an angle and the force of the hit is centered on a small area,thats why TC's seem like they break alot,wider bumpers seem to help,As far as the best TC's..their are none..most seem to work about the same,As you said you wanted one that was easy to work on,So look at the cars design and see how long or how hard certain "jobs" can be..like changing a arms(you broke one..hitting the wall.. )getting to the diffs,putting the motor in..etc,The Losi is an easy car to work on(IMHO changing the A arms and getting to the diffs is an easy job)I have a Pro4 and getting to the diffs Is NOT an easy job,but I know that and it's never been a problem for me.Go to the local track and see what car YOU like..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
GundamWZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ft. Bliss, Texas
Posts: 4,718
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Yes and no.. It's strong to a point but if you hit right it will break,but so will other TC's,Touring cars are strong but if you look at most on road tracks they dont use "soft" walls and most of the time when you do hit something it seems like it's at an angle and the force of the hit is centered on a small area,thats why TC's seem like they break alot,wider bumpers seem to help,As far as the best TC's..their are none..most seem to work about the same,As you said you wanted one that was easy to work on,So look at the cars design and see how long or how hard certain "jobs" can be..like changing a arms(you broke one..hitting the wall.. )getting to the diffs,putting the motor in..etc,The Losi is an easy car to work on(IMHO changing the A arms and getting to the diffs is an easy job)I have a Pro4 and getting to the diffs Is NOT an easy job,but I know that and it's never been a problem for me.Go to the local track and see what car YOU like..
You said a mouthful buddy!!!! When I had my TC3, a good broadside smack on a barrier that is too hard will snap my A arms in two! Then it got to where I'd stick it on the pvc pipe down the straightaway and then it'll spin out of control......

Why? somewhere along that straightaway a PVC was loose enough to catch my rim, and snap my a-arms! So I sold the TC3, brought a used HPI Sport 2, turned it into a Pro2 and took home a few wins.

What you think I win EVERY race after that? Hell no.

I just drive.
__________________
"People tend to get upset because they don't get what they ask for... then complain when they get what they deserve." - R.E.Jacobs

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:18 PM   #52
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 209
Default

Belts breaking - not in my experience.

Probably because I thought they will break, I'd better make sure I have a spare, or my day will be done.

Probably 4+ years on a TA03, 3+ years on a Corally C4, no problems with an assassin - 10 months and counting.

Cheers
peter

Last edited by Pedro 51; 07-05-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #53
Tech Regular
 
silver_spo0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: manila
Posts: 270
Arrow ...

posted messeges prove that everybody is trying to beat the TC3.

other companies are desperately trying to build their own TC3

non-TC3 guys, maybe you should ask your self why can't you do well with a TC3. don't think, the problem is just you.
silver_spo0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:14 AM   #54
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 737
Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 12cellnitro
The one your talking about. You said "a" piece of string, so thats the only one right?
Come on, you should know english better than me (not being english but french indeed). "a" piece of string refers to any piece of string. "that" or "this" piece of string refers to a particular piece of string.

In conclusion, "a" piece of string could be 0.000001 mm aswell as 1000000 m...
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:39 AM   #55
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default

Hi all you racers out there,

The best TC is the one you can handle the best!
If you're having a lot of money than I would buy 4 or 5 TC.
They all have their pro's & con's on the track.

But if you're just like me and want to race a good car, you should go with the X-ray.
It's durable, light, and fast, and has the highest quality parts!
The service is good, and setups are easy to find!

Go with the best, go X-ray.
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:49 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic
 
Entropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 965
Default

There is no perfect touring car.

Just get one you love/like and you'll take care of it.

If there were a best touring car, then why do we have so many different cars at the track?
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:09 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic
 
Rob Mincey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 872
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_spo0n

non-TC3 guys, maybe you should ask your self why can't you do well with a TC3. don't think, the problem is just you.
When all else fails, make personal attacks...

Nice.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #58
Tech Adept
 
12cellnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Come on, you should know english better than me (not being english but french indeed). "a" piece of string refers to any piece of string. "that" or "this" piece of string refers to a particular piece of string.

In conclusion, "a" piece of string could be 0.000001 mm aswell as 1000000 m...
lol, yeah...I was just joking dude
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:02 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic
 
Cardboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Flushing,NYC
Posts: 843
Send a message via AIM to Cardboard
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
DAMN.....I hate being the 10th man
What is wrong with you?
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:10 AM   #60
Tech Adept
 
12cellnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_spo0n
posted messeges prove that everybody is trying to beat the TC3.

other companies are desperately trying to build their own TC3

non-TC3 guys, maybe you should ask your self why can't you do well with a TC3. don't think, the problem is just you.
All non tc3 drivers just got owned.....but what about the yokomo cars?
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB:touring car Snipesr82 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 06-22-2008 11:03 AM
FT: xxx-nt, bmi tc3 -looking for 1/12 or other touring tc3Guru R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 11-27-2005 03:38 AM
Touring Shumacher 99 Nitro On-Road 7 10-20-2004 12:18 PM
OB4 touring car 3derwood R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-20-2004 02:11 PM
Nitro touring for electric touring iflybyu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-28-2003 11:44 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net